** NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 9xx SERIES NOW AVAILABLE INCLUDING OcUK REVIEW!! **

Any chance the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming will be added to the System Configurator?

When putting together a complete system the only options are the standard Galax GTX 970 and the MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming.

I'm going to get an SLI system, was going to get two MSI 970s but now I see the Gigabyte is clocked slightly higher I'm thinking I'd like to go with that.

Hi there

Great news!

800pc of MSI 970 Gaming has arrived!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

APPROX 798 REMAINING NOW Gibbo!!!;):D

Order placed:
1: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" G-Sync 144Hz :eek:
2: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4096MB X2:eek:
3: Corsair H60 Bulk Cooler ....ummm couldn't say no at that price:o:D

... now the wait begins:o:p

I wonder if there are any unwanted codes for 'WatchDogs' floating around your office Gibbo (hint hint);):o...I just realised I may have a gift from the Harribo Gods:eek:

Is it Tuesday yet???!!!!:D (and relax....:p)

Hi there

Great news!

800pc of MSI 970 Gaming has arrived!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2-3 days these babies will be GONE! :cool:

yep I reckon they will sell AT LEAST 50% of that stock today, possibly more

I got the Gigabyte G1 970 on Saturday and my god is it impressive...
I'm getting like 120 fps in BF4 all settings on ultra@1080p, and the best part?
It didn't go above 56 degrees after a 30 min game :eek:

WHAT IS THIS HOCUS POCUS NVIDIA HAVE PULLED OUT THE BAG?

Best card they have ever made? Quite possibly.

yep I reckon they will sell AT LEAST 50% of that stock today, possibly more

I got the Gigabyte G1 970 on Saturday and my god is it impressive...
I'm getting like 120 fps in BF4 all settings on ultra@1080p, and the best part?
It didn't go above 56 degrees after a 30 min game :eek:

WHAT IS THIS HOCUS POCUS NVIDIA HAVE PULLED OUT THE BAG?

Best card they have ever made? Quite possibly.

Those fps and the temps are about the same as I get with my 780 at 2560x1080 :)......well close anyway lol

Last edited:
So I'm doing an SLI system... should I go for two MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Editions, or two Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming Editions?

Gigabyte:
"Windforce" triple fan design
Comes factory clocked very slightly faster (and I'm not sure I can be bothered to manually overclock further)
Black/white/blue colour scheme matches my case's blue lighting and other components

MSI:
"TwinFrozr" two fan design
Fans will completely stop when below a certain temperature, so when not gaming should be completely silent

Does anyone think that having two Gigabytes in SLI, each with triple Windforce fans, will cause any problems? They are supposed to be quiet, but would two of them start to create some noticeable noise?

Evil, I think it boils down to;

If you're pretty anal about colour matching then go for the Gigabyte

If quietness is more important to you then go for the MSI (the Windforce coolers can tend to create noise when at load)

Tbh you won't go far wrong with either option :cool:

Those fps and the temps are about the same as I get with my 780 at 2560x1080 :)......well close anyway lol

Ah well I am coming from a 290 so was seeing 80-90 degrees at same settings lol

If quietness is more important to you then go for the MSI (the Windforce coolers can tend to create noise when at load)

I think the windforce has been redesigned slightly for these cards? Well I can barely hear it at 100% fans anyway!

I think the windforce has been redesigned slightly for these cards? Well I can barely hear it at 100% fans anyway!

Yeah I was going to go for the MSI until I read reviews where they were impressed with the new Windforce's quietness. Both the MSI and the Windforce had almost exactly the same noise levels. So the MSI's one advantage is that when it's completely idle there should be zero noise. But once the fans are actually running they are equivalent.

I think I'm gonna end up basing which I go for on whether the Gigabyte shows up in the system configurator tomorrow. (Since I'm buying a complete system.) The MSI is in the configurator, the Gigabyte isn't yet. Choosing the MSI would save me the effort of phoning to customise the order. ;)

Yeah I was going to go for the MSI until I read reviews where they were impressed with the new Windforce's quietness. Both the MSI and the Windforce had almost exactly the same noise levels. So the MSI's one advantage is that when it's completely idle there should be zero noise. But once the fans are actually running they are equivalent.

I think I'm gonna end up basing which I go for on whether the Gigabyte shows up in the system configurator tomorrow. (Since I'm buying a complete system.) The MSI is in the configurator, the Gigabyte isn't yet. Choosing the MSI would save me the effort of phoning to customise the order. ;)

Yeah you can't go wrong with either it seems. I just made the decision on the spot as I also bought a Gigabyte G1 motherboard in the same order so this fit nicely with the G1 970. I also like the backplate on the Gigabyte :D

shame 9 series dont come with borderlands. else MM would be flooded with those too! :D haha
loads 970s will be sold, but not 50% of stock today, thats mental, no matter how good they are
780 are stupid price now, most people would choose to sli instead of going for simmilar performance 970s

i have a 1440p monitor that I can over-clock to ~100 Hz - so I'm really trying to hold out for the full fat 980's. i dont want sli but happy to pay for the top cards. - when are the next batches of 980s due Gibbo, and how many are pre-ordered?

thanks

Dan

Back
Top Bottom