** NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 9xx SERIES NOW AVAILABLE INCLUDING OcUK REVIEW!! **

Just out of interest Gibbo, How many of the new 970/980's have you actually sold? I see that you're pretty much sold out only a day after opening the floodgates!

Also do you happen to know if DPD's website is just feeding me BS, as it's stating monday delivery, which I'm a little disappointed with tbh ;_;

On Friday nearly 600 9xx series cards sold. :)
On DPD I've no idea, but next day delivery is next working day. Saturday delivery is a separate service with a premium price.

What are the differences between the EVGA 970's:

FTW ACX
SSC ACX
SC ACX
ACX

Basically, ACX and ACX 2.0 (and Hydrocopper) are types of custom cooler, so the SC, SC ACX & SC ACX2.0 are all the same card just with different cooler options (the non ACX being a reference type blower) the card sub-types themselves go as so:

FTW (For The Win) > SSC (Super Superclocked) > SC (Superclocked) > Standard

For the 980 it looks like this:

Classified > FTW (For The Win) > SSC (Super Superclocked) > SC (Superclocked) > Standard

The 780 series also had a special "Kingpin" model for benchmarking which was faster than the Classified, but the is no sign yet of one appearing for 980 range.

now the 980 is out, is there a space for the 780ti? 980 is cheaper/cooler/less tdp and aren't they the same performance wise?

will be buying 2x970 most likely not too sure yet, 2 970 or 1 980 guys? help meh.

Hi guys, just playing with my new 970 and 4790K which arrived yesterday :D

Just got 11271 on Firestrike with stock volts and a mild 100mhz overclock on core and mem.

What is quite incredible though is the fact it didn't go over 58 degrees....!
The best I got out of my 290 was 10500 and temp was in the 90's

STUNNING

Back
Top Bottom