** NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 9xx SERIES NOW AVAILABLE INCLUDING OcUK REVIEW!! **

Soldato
Waterblocks

Anybody know when we can expect waterblocks to come in too stock for the 980GTX cards?

Itching to get mine under water - although the standard fan cooler is pretty quiet and efficient too.

Mark

Associate
Any more news on the OcUK reference 970? Will it use the Titan/780 cooler or the slightly different GTX 980 reference cooler? I don't really want a 970 or 980 with axial coolers in fear of cooking my onboard audio chip & caps!

Asrock have cocked up a bit with the audio circuitry placement on the Z97 Extreme4 board :rolleyes:. The heat coming from a non reference card makes the audio chip, caps and even motherboard quite hot... Not sure how much heat the electrolytic audio caps can handle in the long run. Even the PCH heatsink will get heat blown on to it (my GTX 780 rests on top of it, actually coming into direct contact!). Cards with enclosed blower coolers are the safest bet for my setup (like my almost reference KFA2 and MSI GTX 780 cards, but even they still have a small outlet facing the motherboard at the connector end of the card, blowing hot air directly on to my audio chipset :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Soldato
What are Asus playing at? The 970 strix was showing as ETA 3rd and now just shows as out of stock... :(

I'm not going to give in and go for the MSI as i can't stand dusty pcbs in my case that are a PITA to clean. Want a nice brushed alu top plate to compliment the Asus Ranger motherboard I'm going for. I'll just have to order the board and cpu and put my GTX280 in there for now :eek:.

OcUK Staff
OP
What are Asus playing at? The 970 strix was showing as ETA 3rd and now just shows as out of stock... :(

I'm not going to give in and go for the MSI as i can't stand dusty pcbs in my case that are a PITA to clean. Want a nice brushed alu top plate to compliment the Asus Ranger motherboard I'm going for. I'll just have to order the board and cpu and put my GTX280 in there for now :eek:.

They arrived early and sold out within hours.

Soldato
Ok i'll pre-order this time :D. Underestimated how popular the cards are and how little Asus would send.

Just ordered the motherboard and CPU and will do a separate order for the card as i'd like to get it built this weekend.

Caporegime
anyone seen the pc gamer article.

prices for uk 230 pounds then you read on asus strix £215 :confused:

£299 in ocuk. true not in stock yet . thats a big mark up.

once stock filters through can see big drops on these.

Back
Top Bottom