• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Associate
It's been rumoured that there will be a launch event in September, but there is nothing on nVidia's upcoming events page. The launch date of October is also just a rumour.

There is no actual word from nV at all. The rumours seem to be based off shipping statements and granny's tea leaf readings.

was going to buy a 780 recently (had a good deal lined up) - but of course saw this
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2014/08/05/gigabyte-gtx-880/1

and thought of 880 in sept ... I can wait ... bleh should have known - prob wont see it till mid nov.

Soldato
Definitely looking forward to replacing my aging gtx 560. I'll be able to use it alongside my new 800 series as a PhysX card :)

I tried using a dedicated physx card (gtx 680) along side my main 780 when playing borderlands 2 and found it didn't really help much and was not worth the hassle/higher temps.

It would be better to leave it in a safe place as a backup card or sell it on.

Soldato
OP
Looks like a great replacement for the 780 tbh, those Rops ad improved Maxwell Cores will nicely outperform the 780 and at lower power consumption. It's pretty much guaranteed when fuller fat Maxwell arrives it's going to be a monster !

Back
Top Bottom