• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Caporegime
Soldato
Its 9.3GHZ effective with compression and the power consumption argument is just another case of hiding the fact this is a laptop chip dressed up for desktop. So expect to see some nice reasonably priced gaming laptops with this chip,but ultimately looks like I will waiting a while(or spending more) it appears.

I am probably going to save up a bit more and get a GTX970 methinks,as appears AMD are nowhere ATM with regards to DX12 capable chips.

To look at how much power consumption is overrated with sub £200 parts I can give you some examples.

For instance my main PC is a SFF mini-ITX system with a Xeon E3 1230 V2(similar to a Core i7 3770),16GB of DDR3,a couple of drives and a pre-overclocked GTX660. I am lucky to see 200W at the wall when gaming and I am using XFX PRO 450W PSU.

A mate has a Xeon E3 1230 V3(similar to a Core i7 4770) in another SFF mini-ITX system with a couple of drives,16GB of DDR3 and a pre-overclocked R9 280(which you could argue is NOT the most efficient card anyway) - and the system consumes well under 300W at the wall when gaming.

So at this point,why they heck can't we just have more performance for the same TDP and power consumption as the previous generation??

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
NVIDIA Maxwell GM200 pictured!

Ladies and gentleman, I can finally say this. The GM200 is here. Maybe not exactly at your doorstep, but pretty close.

The leaker who is probably working for the manufacturing company revealed the GM200 engineering board (180-1G600-1102-A04). That said the The Big Maxwell will use PG600 board.

The mysterious card has 24 Hynix H5GQ4H24MFR modules, clocked at 7 GHz. Together they form 12GB frame buffer. This is probably the same card we saw in GPU-Z database, the Quadro M6000. NVIDIA is known for reusing the same boards for various models, so this could very much be the TITAN X/2/Ultra board as well.

Everyone expects Maxwell GM200 to appear in TITAN series next month (since two TITANs were released in February), so it shouldn’t be that far away.

http://videocardz.com/54358/nvidia-maxwell-gm200-pictured

oQ4JqN6.jpg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom