• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Geforce 'Maxwell' Thread

Soldato
I may get either two Titans or Ti's....

or maybe just a third 970.

But the additional memory will be appreciated at 4K - even "just" 6GB.

Or I could keep settings down and wait til next year.....

Soldato
I called it being 28nm, before anyone else pipes up. :D

It was always going to be 28nm. Anyone who thought otherwise was grossly misinformed

384bit bus so last year, what a disappointment.:(

Quit being stoopid'.

Just a guess:

20%+ over GTX 980. Nice gains at higher res.

GTX 980 Ti (6GB) Q3/Q4 2015
GTX Titan X (12GB) Feb 2015

;)

That really is a guess. 20% jump given the specs are 50% higher.

Last edited:
Soldato
384bit bus so last year, what a disappointment.:(

again the the bus thing, maxwell has load of on chip cache so it not needing to use the memory sub system nearly as much + compression tech means it dont need such a bug bus. The saved die space can be used for other things.

The 8800 GTX "only" had a 384bit bus, while the 2900pro had a 512bit bus and look what was the better card there.

Soldato
20nm isn't happening for GPUs, ever. I'm not sure why people keep going on about it. The yields are too low, this has already been said publicly already. Also with the memory bus, people need to stop getting hung up on that as well.

Man of Honour
again the the bus thing, maxwell has load of on chip cache so it not needing to use the memory sub system nearly as much + compression tech means it dont need such a bug bus. The saved die space can be used for other things.

The 8800 GTX "only" had a 384bit bus, while the 2900pro had a 512bit bus and look what was the better card there.

The technology takes a back seat to the performance.

Big memory bus = Bigger die size

The one big weakness the existing Titans have v the 290X at very high resolution is the 384bit bus.

As the resolution/settings increase the 290Xs gain more.

Remember anything NVidia can do with a 384bit bus AMD can do with a 512bit bus but better.

The other point to remember is we are talking about a very high performance no compromise card here not the 9 series cards which are targeted elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom