• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Az0

Az0

Associate
The only reason I ordered from here is the whole "Make sure to order from OCUK as we're in the best position to receive stock due to our important and long standing bigly relationship with Nvidia! :D :D We're definitely the best shop to order from!" like a chump.
Seems disingenuous at best...
And the kinda ****** communications and half-arsed way of keeping the customers informed.
And still taking pre-orders...
Kinda takes the **** doesn't it?

The thing is surely a large percentage of the people (including me) they're keeping waiting in queues for months on end will never be shopping here again.
So why are they damaging their own reputation? :S I'm just not really understanding their strategy here... maybe it's just incompetence.

Associate
I'm honestly shocked by the way this is being dealt with.

Overclockers have literally millions (possibly tens of millions) of pounds of peoples hard earned cash, and can't even be bothered to put up a daily update.

All it would take to at least show some respect for your customers would be a daily update, which would take 30 seconds to write. "Sorry guys, no delivery today, and no updates available. We have reached out to manufacturer 1, distributer 2, and manufacturer 3, and will update you further as soon as we can".

You already have a member of staff who is in procurement, and spends most of his day on the forums, it's not exactly a big ask.

As for continuing to take pre orders. I can understand the reasoning behind this. But how hard would it be to put on the page for each card "as of Monday 9 Nov, the queue for this card is xyz positions. In the last 30 days we have dispatched xyz of these cards. At least then your customers could make an informed decision.

The contempt shown for your customers in the way this has been handled is staggering. I ordered from OC based on reputation. Not sure I'll make the same mistake again.

Here here

Associate
I pre-ordered because of how Overclockers UK are saying that they are the most likely retailer to gain stock the quickest. Plus, the fact they're the only retailer taking pre-orders seemed promising.

Should I still be optimistic?

Associate
Are you guys that are buying cards that come into stock elsewhere paying over MSRP for the cards? Except FE cards of course as I know they go for MSRP.

If so how much extra out of interest? Cheapest cards I can see now are £720, £70 over MSRP.

I might be a tightwad but I'd rather wait that pay extra.

Saying that I should get my card the next Ventus batch. Hoping one comes in this week!

Actually paid €60 less than I did when entering the OCUK que lottery

Associate
The only reason I ordered from here is the whole "Make sure to order from OCUK as we're in the best position to receive stock due to our important and long standing bigly relationship with Nvidia! :D :D We're definitely the best shop to order from!" like a chump.
Seems disingenuous at best...
And the kinda ****** communications and half-arsed way of keeping the customers informed.
And still taking pre-orders...
Kinda takes the **** doesn't it?

The thing is surely a large percentage of the people (including me) they're keeping waiting in queues for months on end will never be shopping here again.
So why are they damaging their own reputation? :S I'm just not really understanding their strategy here... maybe it's just incompetence.

What are you asking them to do? Magic up some cards or cancel your order? They can't do the former and you can do the latter yourself.

Associate
I pre-ordered because of how Overclockers UK are saying that they are the most likely retailer to gain stock the quickest. Plus, the fact they're the only retailer taking pre-orders seemed promising.

Should I still be optimistic?
You were 1200+ queued on the TUF OC right? I'd say no chance getting it this year from here to be honest.

Associate
After waiting 2 months for my MSI Trio DPD delivered my parcel to the wrong address, I contacted them and they say they'll send the driver to collect it this afternoon and drop it over to me. Somehow I doubt that will happen, just wondering if the person that received the parcel can deny ever receiving it?

I also contacted Ocuk to let them know. I can't believe this is happening, just my luck.

hope u get it sorted man

Last edited:

Az0

Az0

Associate
What are you asking them to do? Magic up some cards or cancel your order? They can't do the former and you can do the latter yourself.
No. That's obviously not what I was saying. They should either do what other shops are doing and stop taking pre-orders, or at least, as someone else suggested, inform the customer of the wait and queue number, so they can make an informed choice.
And be a bit more professional and informative with their communications, because as I said, they seem a bit half-arsed at the moment.

Oh and not try to disingenuously funnel customers by exaggerating how much stock they're going to get compared to their competitors.

My point was about their attitude to customers and business practices.

Associate
Hey guys,

I haven't been checking this thread recently, as I have been making preparations for my will, to leave my Gigabyte Eagle to my children that don't exist, when it arrives for them.

Any news on the 3080 Gigabyte Eagle OC at all? Any shipped/arrived? I've gone down in the queue but I expect even more cancellations.

Thanks

Associate
Hey guys,

I haven't been checking this thread recently, as I have been making preparations for my will, to leave my Gigabyte Eagle to my children that don't exist, when it arrives for them.

Any news on the 3080 Gigabyte Eagle OC at all? Any shipped/arrived? I've gone down in the queue but I expect even more cancellations.

Thanks
:D:D:D

Associate
Hey guys,

Thanks
About 35 arrived/shipped on Friday. The only ones to date, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom