• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
No. That's obviously not what I was saying. They should either do what other shops are doing and stop taking pre-orders, or at least, as someone else suggested, inform the customer of the wait and queue number, so they can make an informed choice.
And be a bit more professional and informative with their communications, because as I said, they seem a bit half-arsed at the moment.

Oh and not try to disingenuously funnel customers by exaggerating how much stock they're going to get compared to their competitors.

My point was about their attitude to customers and business practices.
As someone that has already received their 3080 through OCUK, and therefore should be happy, I have to say that I do agree that they have handled this badly for all of the reasons that have already been stated.

Will it affect my chances of shopping here in future? Probably! I would still buy from here if it's cheaper, but I certainly wouldn't be buying any launching products from here. I didn't even try to buy the 5000 series CPUs from here. Not just because I thought they wouldn't have stock, but because they were already increasing the prices to be higher than the competition. No reason they would do that other than to take advantage of shortages by making more profit on each sale.

Associate
The only reason I ordered from here is the whole "Make sure to order from OCUK as we're in the best position to receive stock due to our important and long standing bigly relationship with Nvidia! :D :D We're definitely the best shop to order from!" like a chump.
Seems disingenuous at best...
And the kinda ****** communications and half-arsed way of keeping the customers informed.
And still taking pre-orders...
Kinda takes the **** doesn't it?

The thing is surely a large percentage of the people (including me) they're keeping waiting in queues for months on end will never be shopping here again.
So why are they damaging their own reputation? :S I'm just not really understanding their strategy here... maybe it's just incompetence.

Hear! Hear!

I pretty much got the gist of OCUK after just one day on this forum, and could see how OCUK's obvious greed has overtaken any semblance of customer service. I canceled my pre-order after just 48hrs as it was clear how this was going to pan out. Given the current queues seem to be lengthening rather than shortening, I'm so pleased I bowed out nice and early... and as a result have an FE arriving today thanks to another site.

I've been buying components for many many years and this experience is without a shadow of a doubt the worst I have ever had the misfortune to endure. Sadly, their arrogance (or incompetence) is the only thing stopping them from even admitting there are issues that could be dealt with better.

Yes, the stock situation is abysmal, but don't forget that this is common across ALL retailers, yet others seem to handle not only the stock allocation but also the communications far far better than OCUK. Their handling of this is a total shambles and I'd imagine the short-term greed will come back to bite them. That of course all depends on how many others decide that this will be their last order with OCUK.

Associate
No. That's obviously not what I was saying. They should either do what other shops are doing and stop taking pre-orders, or at least, as someone else suggested, inform the customer of the wait and queue number, so they can make an informed choice.
And be a bit more professional and informative with their communications, because as I said, they seem a bit half-arsed at the moment.

Oh and not try to disingenuously funnel customers by exaggerating how much stock they're going to get compared to their competitors.

My point was about their attitude to customers and business practices.

I think they've already said that their back-end isn't fast enough to update stock info in real time. I do agree they should be more upfront about the expected order to ship time. The rest of it is unfortunately the way advertising works. Nobody is going to say that their product is not quite as good as someone else's. I would argue that some people will be happy to sit in a queue until they get their order, but at the prices being asked now, I can't see anybody that desperate. I'm sticking with my MSRP order from day one, albeit for the Asus No-see card which they're not bothering to sell. Not OC's fault the "manufacturer" is just selling them all as the OC version.

Associate
Sorry, can we have 734 Asus Tuf OC's flown in this week please?
Sorry, can we have 734 Asus Tuf OC's flown in this week please?
"I say old chap! If you enjoy putting monochromatic components in a monochromatic case, that is thy prerogative! Though if thou are dropping many shillings on the candy of the eye, that is something which must be considered with upmost importance! The 3070 FE is very easy on the eyes, but one does prefer those components which light up whilst being made to look gunmetal. One wishes his shipment would arrive post-haste!"

:D
haha! :p

Associate
just received full refund for tuf non oc, i filled online cancellation form on wednesday ladt week, decided to ring them up today, took me 30mins on the phone listening adverts but advisor asked me just for order number and send me my money within seconds. i was 538 in the queue, order placed on 17th september just got fed up waiting seeing other websites flooded with cards. all the best guys it was very emotional

Associate
Someone, somewhere must know wtf is going on with these damned cards. We were told availability would ramp up through October and normalise in November.

I can’t help but think Nvidia are up to some weird market manipulation, “the ultimate play” Is about right.

It’s so odd that people working in the supply channel supposedly know little more than customers. I really want AMD to punish these donkeys for their BS.
yeah that's Jensen :D

Soldato
"I say old chap! If you enjoy putting monochromatic components in a monochromatic case, that is thy prerogative! Though if thou are dropping many shillings on the candy of the eye, that is something which must be considered with upmost importance! The 3070 FE is very easy on the eyes, but one does prefer those components which light up whilst being made to look gunmetal. One wishes his shipment would arrive post-haste!"

:D
You legend

Associate
Don't anger the monkey, he will mess you up

Yeah that guy is an animal!

Bloodhound-Gang.jpg

Back
Top Bottom