• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
What I love about this unnamed competitor is that actually have a list of how many orders were made and are left in the queue
Absolutely this. For that reason alone, I'm most likely never buying anything from OCUK ever again. The competitor is just far more caring and giving better quality information because it recognises that the people buying these cards are their most valuable (literally) customers and if you keep them informed about the situation in a clear and accurate way it'll make them feel valued. And judging by the numbers, they're getting more models from suppliers too - it's in OCUK's best interest to try to show that they're keeping up, or explain why they aren't.

Associate
A hint for Nvidia / other card launches... if they ever read this (probably not).

Announce the product a few MONTHS before release. After the announcement, add a button on the website that you can press if you are interested in purchasing the product. This would then give the manufacturer a rough idea of scale of production.

Then after a few months, RELEASE the product with ample stock. I don't understand why this isn't done more often with big launches.
If they hadn't lowered the barrier to entry, we wouldn't be in this mess. They should've started off with 3070@£649; 3080@£800 and 3090@£1200.

Associate
Receiving an extremely small shipment of EVGA Ultras after 2 months is embarrassing for OC. Where are the Black and Gaming GPUs? OC are completely failing at procuring compared to competitors.

Associate
If they hadn't lowered the barrier to entry, we wouldn't be in this mess. They should've started off with 3070@£649; 3080@£800 and 3090@£1200.

LOL, I paid £469 for a 1080ftw in May 2016. Now I'm paying £780 for a modern equivalent, which from teardowns is nowhere near as well made as it Pascal predecessors. In what way exactly did they lower the barrier?

Az0

Az0

Associate
Absolutely this. For that reason alone, I'm most likely never buying anything from OCUK ever again. The competitor is just far more caring and giving better quality information because it recognises that the people buying these cards are their most valuable (literally) customers and if you keep them informed about the situation in a clear and accurate way it'll make them feel valued. And judging by the numbers, they're getting more models from suppliers too - it's in OCUK's best interest to try to show that they're keeping up, or explain why they aren't.
Ditto. OC clearly don't give a toss. Or they're just incompetent at customer service / communications. Either way I won't be buying from here again.

Associate
Is there much performance difference between the Palit non-OC and OC versions? A non-oc version is coming into post today, but I have a TUF OC supposedly coming end of the month from a competitor. Looking at benchmarks they seem to all perform within a 3-5% mark.

Associate
Is there much performance difference between the Palit non-OC and OC versions? A non-oc version is coming into post today, but I have a TUF OC supposedly coming end of the month from a competitor. Looking at benchmarks they seem to all perform within a 3-5% mark.

Wait, you have a non-OC Palit being posted? Is it from OcUK? Because im in the queue number 28 for a non-oc Palit 3080 gaming pro. And my position hasnt changed in like 3 weeks.

Associate
Wait, you have a non-OC Palit being posted? Is it from OcUK? Because im in the queue number 28 for a non-oc Palit 3080 gaming pro. And my position hasnt changed in like 3 weeks.
Ordered from a competitor on Sunday, coming today.

Just wondering about performance, they're all the same right? lol

Soldato

You can just flash the oc Bios on from palit mate. They are not binned the cards and it's all bios. Also the OC will give a few more frames at higher power use, so depends if the games you play benefit, some may see 1 -2 frames more. Depends what resolution you are playing at too.

Associate
view

Has anyone heard any news about the 3080 amp holo, released in Asia and the US and apparently another place in the UK had them delivered on the 13th but no information at all from OCUK that there even coming anytime soon

Looks like it wont be long ... this is their response to me this weekend

https://imgur.com/v6GfgYo
v6GfgYo

Associate
You can just flash the oc Bios on from palit mate. They are not binned the cards and it's all bios. Also the OC will give a few more frames at higher power use, so depends if the games you play benefit, some may see 1 -2 frames more. Depends what resolution you are playing at too.
thanks! If it's 1-2 frames then it's not a big deal.

Associate
Got a stock alert on Discord about the Asus 3080 TUF OC. Managed to bag the order quickly, though the arrival date isn't until the 8th December.

Currently have an order with OC for the Gigabyte Vision 3080. It is now going to be a race to see which one lands first so I can cancel the other.

The Gigabyte would look better in my case, but it is also an extra £90 than what I just paid for the Asus. However, the Asus also has very good thermal and noise performance, so it is a toss up.

Associate
Ditto. OC clearly don't give a toss. Or they're just incompetent at customer service / communications. Either way I won't be buying from here again.
Same here. Cancelled order for Gcard and CPU and sending back a motherboard to ocuk due to the lack of communication (even when i asked and was told i did not ask lol)
I had no problem waiting for as long as i had to but when the staff ignore webnotes then deny that i even asked about my queue number it was enough for me to see how bad ocuk is right now.
The only reason i think ocuk are acting the way they are is all down to making more of a profit then being the company customers thought they was.

Associate
@GIGA-Man are we due an update in relation to numbers this week for Gaming OC and other GB models please? Can you please confirm what ballpark "Very large" means please as you had said this last week and only 35 were shipped...

Back
Top Bottom