• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The thing to bare in mind is that proposed 3080 Ti isn't just an extra £100. It's rumoured to be £300-350 more ($699 -> $999). It's not really like-for-like to compare a Strix 3080 to a 3080 Ti FE. It's safe to say any Strix version of the 3080 Ti will be ~£1200.

Yes & no. The jump from a 3080 FE to a 3080Ti FE might be £650 to £1000, but if the 3080 Strix is £900, then the jump to a 3080Ti FE is in fact £100.

Yes the Strix is better than the FE of any given card, however, you can't argue that a Strix 3080 is worth £900, if the FE version of the next card up is only £100 more.

Associate
I see that unnamed main competitor has today confirmed that they’ve received and are shipping EVGA XC3 Blacks and I’ve gone from disappointed with my choice of retailer to facking seething.

What I love about this unnamed competitor is that actually have a list of how many orders were made and are left in the queue

Associate
People saying they had record demand is a total lie, Nvidia launched this prematurely and they know it. I mean damm still no stock and nearly at December? Add in scalpers and what a time to be a consumer! You cant get a 3080 or a PS5 for xmas! :(

It is pretty awful with the stock and stuff. I thought id be nice to myself for not spending as much and saving up some money as it was my birthday mid October and thought "I should probably have it around my birthday" boy was I wrong. Atleast the wait will make getting the card so much sweeter.

Permabanned
It is pretty awful with the stock and stuff. I thought id be nice to myself for not spending as much and saving up some money as it was my birthday mid October and thought "I should probably have it around my birthday" boy was I wrong. Atleast the wait will make getting the card so much sweeter.

Save the cash, Get the refresh next year post corona vaccine it will be faster and in stock.

Associate
Hey. Sorry if this is an idiot question right out the box but.......is there anyway to be added to the queue at this point given the huge backlog? Couldn't put the gpu I wanted in the basket so can I check that OC just aren't taking anymore orders? Thanks in advance.

Associate
Seeing that unnamed competitor having left over FTW3's they're offering to other buyers is pretty gutting. My first 4 attempts to purchase a 3080 on launch day was for the FTW3 at that competitor. After getting rejected 4 times and my bank put a temp fraud stop on my card, I then came to overclockers and grabbed the MSI with paypal, for which I'm at still over 400 in the queue position.

Associate
Yep there making OCUK look like amateurs!

nope I take that back OCUK are making them selfs look like amateurs

Could not agree more. Looking at how transparent and efficient some of the competitors are in updating customers, responding and DELIVERING, i regret on waiting for OC. Waited more than a week for a 3080 and queue only moved by around 60 and the customer support response is mediocre.

Cancelled my order yesterday for the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC (queue position 335). So expect the queue to move at least for one.. it seems its the only way any orders move at OC.

Associate
Seeing that unnamed competitor having left over FTW3's they're offering to other buyers is pretty gutting. My first 4 attempts to purchase a 3080 on launch day was for the FTW3 at that competitor. After getting rejected 4 times and my bank put a temp fraud stop on my card, I then came to overclockers and grabbed the MSI with paypal, for which I'm at still over 400 in the queue position.
And they have another EVGA delivery due in the next couple of days.
They have 540 cards coming this week and OCUK a very small amount of nothing I think gibbo forgot to order any cards and is to embarrassed to tell anyone lol

Associate
I think I'm talking myself out of a 3080 purchase. Ultimately I want the Strix OC, but this is £870-£900, and isn't in stock anywhere. Now it's highly rumoured that a 20GB 3080Ti is coming in January for around £1000. So imagine the annoyance at paying £900 for a 3080, which arrives in Dec, to then have a much faster card launch a few weeks later for just £100 more.

Add into this there's various reports online of the 6800xt hitting 2.5GHz, for the same price as the FE 3080. I wouldn't be surprised if nVidia buries the standard 3080 in the new year, I really wouldn't.

I now find myself leaning towards either trying to get the 3070 FE, just because it's something new and shiny, or keeping my 1080Ti and waiting for all this to sort itself out.

Same here. Absolutely spot on! I just wish the cost of 2070/2080s would come down as an interim. Demand in the gaming sector is just silly at the moment.
It makes me sick to see pages and pages of 3080fe on eBay at £1k plus.

Associate
Well my Asus Turbo GTX1080Ti finally arrived, so at least I have a card for my PC. Anyone here know much about this card? 30 minutes of the Witcher 3 at 4K with the settings turned up and its still working - got a bit warm, but still working !

Associate
I'm confused if they are getting any visions this week as gibbo stated an ok amount but then the next day said they shipped 27? By his own metrics that's a small delivery so is this the same one?

They shipped out 34 ish, I assumed because he put ok in non capitals he meant the lower end of OK with the range being 31-50+

Back
Top Bottom