• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

I really can't find a better way to phrase it, but: do you realise that not a single TUF non-OC card has been received by OCuk since launch day? We can't believe your words when they clash with reality. You're either lying or you've been lied to by whoever you report to. Or do you have a better explanation? Because if you do, it's better if you speak immediately: right now both you as a representative and ASUS as a company are not looking good.
Just because none have been seen at OC doesn't mean Asus aren't producing them. The world is bigger than OC and certainly a lot bigger than the UK.

Of course I have no idea how many Asus are making, but accusing their staff of lying and demanding "truth" isn't exactly going to help.

Feel free to call me a shill, a defender, a lick-spittle, a boot-licker, an apologist or whatever else comes to mind, I couldn't care less, I'm just going to continue waiting (somewhat impatiently I should add but it's a silent impatience) for my GPU to arrive.

I cancelled my Asus TUC OC from Overclockers and placed an order with a small competitor yesterday. Its still cheaper than current Overclockers (tax) price which is 829.99.
Im on position 21 and expected to receive the card by end of this month.

I really can't find a better way to phrase it, but: do you realise that not a single TUF non-OC card has been received by OCuk since launch day? We can't believe your words when they clash with reality. You're either lying or you've been lied to by whoever you report to. Or do you have a better explanation? Because if you do, it's better if you speak immediately: right now both you as a representative and ASUS as a company are not looking good.

Gibbo had told us that ASUS are prioritising the OC and he would have no reason to lie about that, and as you said, we have hardly seen any non oc models. It makes total sense to do this as a company due to the demand. I’m not saying it’s fair.

When I originally had a conversation with ASUS gpu support before launch, I got told if I don’t get one with the launch stock I should expect one fairly soon after. When I messaged him again a few weeks later I told him I’m hoping to have it early November and he told me it’s a realistic timeframe.
It seems he is just trying to keep people optimistic so they keep their preorders. I’m not saying stock won’t get better soon but don’t get hopes up too much. No offence to him or anything, it’s his job.

Just because none have been seen at OC doesn't mean Asus aren't producing them. The world is bigger than OC and certainly a lot bigger than the UK.

Ok, let me rephrase it without naming any competitor: since the amount of TUF non-OC orders that have been delivered by most retailers in UK is less than a sixth than the OC version, and the rate between shipped OC and shipped non-OC is not much different in the rest of continental Europe, and just a bit better (between 1/5 and 1/6) in the USA, how does ASUS's representative expect us to believe that the prioritization of the OC version "is just a myth"?

Did I phrase it better now?

Of course I have no idea how many Asus are making, but accusing their staff of lying and demanding "truth" isn't exactly going to help.

Feel free to call me a shill, a defender, a lick-spittle, a boot-licker, an apologist or whatever else comes to mind, I couldn't care less, I'm just going to continue waiting (somewhat impatiently I should add but it's a silent impatience) for my GPU to arrive.

Nine out of ten TUF cards I see people get on Reddit are all the OC versions and this is mainly US people.
ASUS already said to gibbo non oc are being produced but the oc version has priority due to the chips from nvidia binning well.

People saying they had record demand is a total lie, Nvidia launched this prematurely and they know it. I mean damm still no stock and nearly at December? Add in scalpers and what a time to be a consumer! You cant get a 3080 or a PS5 for xmas! :(

I think I'm talking myself out of a 3080 purchase. Ultimately I want the Strix OC, but this is £870-£900, and isn't in stock anywhere. Now it's highly rumoured that a 20GB 3080Ti is coming in January for around £1000. So imagine the annoyance at paying £900 for a 3080, which arrives in Dec, to then have a much faster card launch a few weeks later for just £100 more.

Add into this there's various reports online of the 6800xt hitting 2.5GHz, for the same price as the FE 3080. I wouldn't be surprised if nVidia buries the standard 3080 in the new year, I really wouldn't.

I now find myself leaning towards either trying to get the 3070 FE, just because it's something new and shiny, or keeping my 1080Ti and waiting for all this to sort itself out.

It seems he is just trying to keep people optimistic so they keep their preorders. I’m not saying stock won’t get better soon but don’t get hopes up too much. No offence to him or anything, it’s his job.

Let me clarify one thing: I am not waiting for a TUF, OC or non-OC: I already have my 3080 (an MSI, not even an ASUS) and I've had it for a month now, purchased from another store when I realised that it was unlikely to get my preorder delivered by OCuk before next year.
I just find it appalling that they still try to make it look like they are not prioritizing one model above the other when the number of shipments tells a completely different story.

I wonder if gibbo will grace us with a vague update today?
"Some GPUs may or may not be arriving tomorrow, we don't have any notice prior to deliveries as they randomly turn up and there is no forward planning, this is why we cannot provide a weekly table..... Oh, an extremely small amount of TUF OCs just turned up."

A hint for Nvidia / other card launches... if they ever read this (probably not).

Announce the product a few MONTHS before release. After the announcement, add a button on the website that you can press if you are interested in purchasing the product. This would then give the manufacturer a rough idea of scale of production.

Then after a few months, RELEASE the product with ample stock. I don't understand why this isn't done more often with big launches.

Let me clarify one thing: I am not waiting for a TUF, OC or non-OC: I already have my 3080 (an MSI, not even an ASUS) and I've had it for a month now, purchased from another store when I realised that it was unlikely to get my preorder delivered by OCuk before next year.
I just find it appalling that they still try to make it look like they are not prioritizing one model above the other when the number of shipments tells a completely different story.

Neither am I anymore. Managed to get a FE

No matter what, OC will increase the price because they are once of the biggest scalpers. The big competitors have not increased the price cz they are not greeeeeedy
Think you will find most actually have and some are considerably higher than ocuk

A particular store yesterday was selling gigabyte master cards for way above what ocuk have them priced at

Last edited:
A hint for Nvidia / other card launches... if they ever read this (probably not).

Announce the product a few MONTHS before release. After the announcement, add a button on the website that you can press if you are interested in purchasing the product. This would then give the manufacturer a rough idea of scale of production.

Then after a few months, RELEASE the product with ample stock. I don't understand why this isn't done more often with big launches.

Greed, it creates a feeding frenzy, those that would be on the fence, now have to have one. Also NV/Retailers want pre-orders, gives retailers a chance to scalpe customers....yeah, scalp their lifesblood. Since release day OC have increased the price of thier cheapest 3080 by £79. Fagins.

I think I'm talking myself out of a 3080 purchase. Ultimately I want the Strix OC, but this is £870-£900, and isn't in stock anywhere. Now it's highly rumoured that a 20GB 3080Ti is coming in January for around £1000. So imagine the annoyance at paying £900 for a 3080, which arrives in Dec, to then have a much faster card launch a few weeks later for just £100 more.

The thing to bare in mind is that proposed 3080 Ti isn't just an extra £100. It's rumoured to be £300-350 more ($699 -> $999). It's not really like-for-like to compare a Strix 3080 to a 3080 Ti FE. It's safe to say any Strix version of the 3080 Ti will be ~£1200.

Whats happening with the watchdog legion codes we arent getting? I ordered my card at 3pm on launch day and i wont be getting it this year it seems. (gigabyte eagle - position 160ish)

I see that unnamed main competitor has today confirmed that they’ve received and are shipping EVGA XC3 Blacks and I’ve gone from disappointed with my choice of retailer to facking seething.

Back
Top Bottom