• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

You didn't order on launch day. As I ordered on the 19th September and in the first announcement on 2nd October I was position 1364.

If you did then something went seriously wrong for you.

Anyway I'm cancelled now as I got a card elsewhere. It'll be interesting to see what happens now Asus has started increasing MSRP in the US https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/kqjm3j/asus_tuf_rtx_3080_oc_msrp_price_increase/

I think Gibbo said that GPU prices will increase by 25%, that will probably hit all brands, and that is a huge increase, $110 per card which means cards in the UK will £100+ RRP

With the new lockdown I just dont see things getting any better, GPUs and decent PSU's are very hard to find if that, then you got ppl going crazy to get their hands on the new consoles, what a lame start to the new year.....

so to get this straight, there are another 86 TUF OC coming in, on top of the 80+ that only went to NON-OC purchasers because ASUS messed up, all the while they have been 0 NON-OC actually shipped in for the same period? (only those that were misallocated that OCUK followed through on our of respect for their customers?)

that ASUS rep certainly made himself scarce since saying they would have 200+ non-ocs in a "matter of weeks" back in november.

It was actually 70 not 80+, and the distributors said they were non OC, this news was passed on to customers hence why they went to the Non OC customers.

Are people still waiting for orders from launch day?
Yes. I ordered in the first hour on the 17th September. I'm currently 78th in the queue. The supply of ROG STRIX OC cards has been minimal

Good grief, thats crazy! Gibbo said deliveries were ramping up 'significantly' in November/December, so what happened?
Not much, is what happened. I'm 78th in the queue. A significant number of people dropped out of the queue in the months between. I cant be arsed to follow supply alert sites waiting for updates with 10 second windows on getting an order in.

I think that retailers take consumer orders at their own risk. They could choose to offer cards only when they have them 'in hand'. Or gamble that their orders from each manufacturer will arrive before their backloggers cancel. It's a business risk decision. Manufacturers will not have promised (ie contractually) particular volumes by particular dates. And without a contractual agreement, they can't be held legally liable.
I'm quite aware of that. Hence my comment about it being a joke. The half that wasnt a joke was the poor business practice of NVIDIA and ASUS both promising there would and will be a significant rise in supply of stock, and increased openness and communication, all in November, and then not delivering on that. Also holding their (ASUS and NVIDIA's) toes over a hot fire and poking them with sticks might help pass the time and be a good way to unwind. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered Aorus 3080 Xtreme on release day (17/09/20) at 15:30, position 52.

At position 6 on 05/01/21. A fair few of those places were cancellations, posted on here on the forums as people found alternatives.

Ouch. I emailed a fairly small, unknown competitor yesterday who are allowing people to pre-order various models - one of them being the Aorus 3080 Xtreme. They said there were 15 people in the queue so I went ahead and added myself to the end. Cheaper than anywhere else too at £900!

Will be interesting to see if they get any stock in but certainly a smaller queue than the big distributors who won't even let me join a queue now anyway!

My watch is over just got my shipped email, ASUS 3080 TUF non OC, ordered 15:30 on 17/09.

last update was position 29 on the 24th of December.

Good luck to anyone still waiting.

Yeah Im in this same Queue as well...

Gaming X Trio Queue I think is the slowest Queue of 3080s. There's a positive thing about It tho. This gives me time to wait until 12 Jan and after the announcement decide if I want to cancel the order and get the possible new 3080s or if I'm going to remain in the queue.

And what, wait another half a year to have the new Ti in hand for the sake of some extra VRAM... ?? You think the 3080 Ti launch is magically gonna be any better? I bet demand is gonna obliterate supply in seconds for one of them to.

Trio is a slow burner but its nowhere near the slowest 3080 queue. See Zotac and EVGA queues and some of the non-OC models. Might actually be one of the better ones.

Last edited:
And what, wait another half a year to have the new Ti in hand for the sake of some extra VRAM... ?? You think the 3080 Ti launch is magically gonna be any better? People are still gonna be fighting for one of them

Trio is a slow burner but its nowhere near the slowest 3080 queue. See Zotac and EVGA queues and some of the non-OC models. Might actually be one of the better ones.

The trio sold much more than any Zotac or Evga model - it was one of the most popular cards as far as I can tell. So it all relative... in relation to the number sold the trio probably is one of the slowest movers.

The trio sold much more than any Zotac or Evga model - it was one of the most popular cards as far as I can tell. So it all relative... in relation to the number sold the trio probably is one of the slowest movers.

Well seeing as my first queue position said 245 i think and I bought it at 15:17 on launch day you're probably not far off. I'm now 19th in the queue, I did not expect to still be waiting now with how popular that card was and my relatively low queue position. I think that and the Asus TUF were the 2 most popular on here. There's probably people still in the thousands for these cards.

Well seeing as my first queue position said 245 i think and I bought it at 15:17 on launch day you're probably not far off. I'm now 19th in the queue. I think that and the Asus TUF were the 2 most popular on here. There's probably people still in the thousands for these cards.

Nice. You shouldn't be waiting too much longer then! My order was about 5:30pm and I'm position 289 - just shows how fast they sold despite the site being bricked for most of that time. And that difference doesn't even account for all the cancellations since then.

WHERE ARE THE INNO UPDATES ITS THE 5th of JANUARY

No new updates from Inno3D, we are still waiting on the Frostbite cards to arrive which were shipped nearly a month ago, they were struggling to book flights and find couriers and most companies still are at present.

However I am in the office today and did spot several Inno3D boxes in the loading area, I put a request they are checked and to inform myself if there are any cards there we were not expecting, hopefully the goods in team will get this info to myself in the next day or two.

And what, wait another half a year to have the new Ti in hand for the sake of some extra VRAM... ?? You think the 3080 Ti launch is magically gonna be any better? I bet demand is gonna obliterate supply in seconds for one of them to.

Well... I waited until now. And expectation is that the 3080Tis will have the same core count as the 3090. And Im pretty sure demand will be lower than 3080 launch as It is not generational leap launch. A lot of people already bought the first batch of 3080s. So these will not be part of the next one. I'm pretty sure there will be supply/demand shortages, but I expect It to be a lesser one, and as i wrote, I will judge if It will be worth depeding on Pricetag, Core Count and Launch date. Still undecided, but depending on those things, I think I can wait more.

Back
Top Bottom