• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Yup, thats it, unfortunate it wont happen anymore

I'm gutted about it but kinda excited by the fact a guy i know who sells PSU's to people who operate servers and miners and one of his clients is up my way and has 4x RTX 3090's because he's an Nvidia partner and does rendering and once he gets hold of his 2000 watt PSU that he sent to him he's gonna drop the bomb and ask if he can do him a favour on my behalf lol. I know there's probably as much chance of it happening as winning the lottery and I'm 400th place in the ASUS TUF OC 3080 queue and i don't see it changing by much anytime soon.

I’m sorry if I’m stepping out of line but I thought I’d ask. the upgrades for the msi customers seem a bit unfair in my opinion, some queue such as EVGA and Palit have had near to no movement in months. I was wondering why those people that ordered earlier aren’t getting the upgrades? I understand that it’s the same brand and all but still... it’s a different card and some customers might be waiting for a card they ordered at 3pm on launch whilst people that ordered later are getting the upgrades. I’m not asking for myself (the EAGLE queue has moved a fair amount since launch) I’m asking for the people that literally haven’t moved in months. @ScottiB @Gibbo i would appreciate an answer no matter what
Please don't be one of those people. Indignation and envy aren't nice traits. The good fortune of some is not impacting on you so you shouldn't be resentful of it.

There's a simple explanation and it comes down to supply & cost difference. The Trio was never an "MSRP" card and whilst it costs us money to upgrade it to the next card up, that cost isn't prohibitive.

We can't do the same for TUF, Ventus/Eagle buyers because;
a) the next card up also has a big queue
b) the cost difference is a lot bigger

The thing is, if people start complaining again (this has happened before) when Gibbo is nice to other people then that'll make us reconsider the whole policy, and as Gibbo said earlier
unfortunately the few spoil it for everyone.

Last edited:
Please don't be one of those people. Indignation and envy aren't nice traits. The good fortune of some is not impacting on you so you shouldn't be resentful of it.

There's a simple explanation and it comes down to cost difference. The Trio was never an "MSRP" card and whilst it costs us money to upgrade it to the next card up, that cost isn't prohibitive.

The thing is, if people start complaining again (this has happened before) when Gibbo is nice to other people then that'll make us reconsider the whole policy, and as Gibbo said earlier

What he said, the only reason we can upgrade MSI customers is because we have never sold the Suprim 3080 cards, I took the decision some months ago to keep those cards off sale and build the stock up to get to a point where the next MSI card below which had nearly 1000 back orders could then be upgraded and that is something I have been doing.

My advice to anyone waiting for a 3080 who is more than 100 in a queue position is to request a refund.
My advice to all 3080 customers waiting irrelevant of queue position is to try and grab a 3080 elsewhere or even a 3070 or 3090.

Also since day one we have given all customers the ability to get a refund by simply filling in an online form, so the people who wish to complain that we had your money for six months, please you have had the option for a refund since day one and we made it easy and simple to get one, it has been the decision of the customer to either request the refund or take the gamble and wait in the hope they will get a card.

There's a simple explanation and it comes down to supply & cost difference. The Trio was never an "MSRP" card and whilst it costs us money to upgrade it to the next card up, that cost isn't prohibitive.

@ScottiB @Gibbo I’m sorry you must have misunderstood me, I wasn’t trying to be envious or anything I was simply asking a question. My aim was to try and help people in the slower queues like evga, I was not asking for eagle customers to be upgraded to gigabyte masters or anything stupid. since I’m not one of those customers and after that response I don’t feel the need to waste any further time. Thanks.

@ScottiB @Gibbo I’m sorry you must have misunderstood me, I wasn’t trying to be envious or anything I was simply asking a question. My aim was to try and help people in the slower queues like evga, I was not asking for eagle customers to be upgraded to gigabyte masters or anything stupid. since I’m not one of those customers and after that response I don’t feel the need to waste any further time. Thanks.

Problem is EVGA is sending very little to UK/Europe this is quite a well known thing and what does come to the UK 90% of it goes to the Bolton store as they have a very close partnership. If EVGA start shipping more of the OC models of 3080 to OcUK which we have very little back orders on once those are cleared then the same would happen, people would get upgrades. However my honest opinion is that we will never fulfil the EVGA back orders and as such people should request a refund because the likely outcome is that we will end up refunding those orders anyway.

Problem is EVGA is sending very little to UK/Europe this is quite a well known thing and what does come to the UK 90% of it goes to the Bolton store as they have a very close partnership. If EVGA start shipping more of the OC models of 3080 to OcUK which we have very little back orders on once those are cleared then the same would happen, people would get upgrades. However my honest opinion is that we will never fulfil the EVGA back orders and as such people should request a refund because the likely outcome is that we will end up refunding those orders anyway.
Thank you for your response and time, it is greatly appreciated. As always, I respect OcUK staff and appreciate the work you’re doing.

This is what Linus thinks about supply issues.

Apparently we are the problem. Demand is driving the market.

I don’t buy it. Why have Overlockers and other retailers shipped so few cards. Either the cards are not being made or they aren’t getting to the retailer’s.

yes demand is high but the volumes shipped to customers is pitiful.

note: I am not blaming OCUK for this mess

I don’t buy it. Why have Overlockers and other retailers shipped so few cards. Either the cards are not being made or they aren’t getting to the retailer’s.

yes demand is high but the volumes shipped to customers is pitiful.

note: I am not blaming OCUK for this mess
That’s literally what Linus said... there isn’t enough chips on the planet to satisfy the market. No chips no cards

This is what Linus thinks about supply issues.

Apparently we are the problem. Demand is driving the market.

His video is accurate and I agree it won't be until 2023 until things recover, irrelevant of what mining does.

But he is missing one major point.

Yes the demand is through the roof, but that demand is mostly down to greedy scalpers.

The simple fact is the scalpers have got so smart with their BOT's and scripts that anything that goes live gets bought up immediately and now no matter what we try seems to be futile.
A few examples, we put some 6700 XT live last week at MSRP, brand new product never seen before so its not like scripts/BOTs could have these stored, but the fact was they had sold out in an instant.
Even putting product in none graphic card sections and its an instant sell out.

When 3080 launched BTC and mining boom was not in the news, but the cards were been scalped from day one.

If we eradicate scalpers, the demand would drop massively, in fact its so bad I think nearly half the demand currently is literally scalpers, the reasoning is these people can make hundreds of pounds/dollars per SKU by selling on and you can bet they are not classing it as income and therefor not paying any taxes either. It has for many people become a huge revenue generator and as such they have BOTs and scripts written to buy absolutely anything that appears on any website in an instant meaning that regular gamers and even the miners stand little to no chance of actually buying a card.

So yes it could be worded that yes we are all the problem, but delete the scalpers from this equation and I think things would be vastly better.

The fact is the scalpers are scanning every webshop selling GPU's, everywhere worldwide creating instant sell out, its a worldwide issue that is causing sell out and the only cure is that supply can vastly improve or resellers try to do their best to prevent it, but its near impossible as even NVIDIA and AMD themselves cannot stop it and even sites like Amazon cannot stop it who have major IT infrastructure. I monitor a lot of FB pages and I see the same people selling cards on a regular basis, clearly just scalping.

Whilst the scalp market can still turn a profit, the demand is gonna be way beyond where it would normally be, mining can die tomorrow but the scalpers will keep buying whilst they can turn a profit. The only real cure is a massive uplift in supply, of course once lockdowns finally end then regular demand will reduce as people will start spending money on holidays, eating out again etc.

I think at this point it’s best to put my hopes in a 3080 Ti being released next month.

Which will be probably even harder to get and I question why new higher end product is been released (IF TRUE as its just a rumour) when there are still probably 100,000's backorders worldwide on 3080's are many resellers around the world.

Which will be probably even harder to get and I question why new higher end product is been released (IF TRUE as its just a rumour) when there are still probably 100,000's backorders worldwide on 3080's are many resellers around the world.
This was my exact thought. Disgraceful in my opinion.

I think at this point it’s best to put my hopes in a 3080 Ti being released next month.
I heard there is a RTX 3070 Ti coming out too.....doesn't sound good as they have to get those 3070 TI chips from somewhere and they are saying they have hardly any 3080 /3090 GPU's so i dunno wtf they playing at, it's insulting that they would release a higher tier when people can't even get the last gen.

Back
Top Bottom