• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Paid £800 for a gigabyte aorus master, overpriced but just took my chances on what i could get tbh

Fair play man I just bagged one for £950, again absolutely disgusting price but if it's only getting worse before it gets better I'd rather have a card and maybe sell it for a loss in a few months time than have nothing for ages

Fair play man I just bagged one for £950, again absolutely disgusting price but if it's only getting worse before it gets better I'd rather have a card and maybe sell it for a loss in a few months time than have nothing for ages
yeh prices are silly atm, tbh even if you sold on ebay or something i cant see demand dying down by the end of the year ahah

Which will be probably even harder to get and I question why new higher end product is been released (IF TRUE as its just a rumour) when there are still probably 100,000's backorders worldwide on 3080's are many resellers around the world.

Well, there goes my last bit of hope dashed.

Well, there goes my last bit of hope dashed.

Yep that's why I caved today, I couldn't do it anymore. I still want to tell folks here to stay strong as I'm still feeling very conflicted for shelling out that much for a 3070, but honestly it's been a remarkably painful 6 months, and not just on the graphics card front. I'd say if you have a card left over definitely wait it out but I just have a skeleton over here.

It's funny normally I'd be getting quite excited about the 3080ti coming out. I'd be reading about it checking release dates and raiding my piggy bank to pay for it!. But seriously the mood right now is just hopelessness. So what if they released the 3080ti it will just get eaten up by bots and then put on Ebay for double the retail. I really couldn't care less about the 3080ti or any other product Nvidea is planning on releasing. I can't even understand why they are even thinking about releasing a new product after the 3060 debacle.

It's funny normally I'd be getting quite excited about the 3080ti coming out. I'd be reading about it checking release dates and raiding my piggy bank to pay for it!. But seriously the mood right now is just hopelessness. So what if they released the 3080ti it will just get eaten up by bots and then put on Ebay for double the retail. I really couldn't care less about the 3080ti or any other product Nvidea is planning on releasing. I can't even understand why they are even thinking about releasing a new product after the 3060 debacle.

Honestly I thought the same thing. Why bother releasing any new products when they're struggling to get products they already have out of the gate? The ones that do somehow come through just end up on certain auction sites for 200%+ MSRP. Unpredecented times we're living in huh

Fully agree, there are many many folk in this forum alone that have been waiting since SEPTEMBER, and stock is getting WORSE. It's a complete joke that they even consider releasing new cards but then again, what do they care if a bot or a real human being buys it eh, they still get their money and it's us, the consumer that gets ****** over. It's the fact there is ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY at work here where there is plenty of cards but they are bought up by bots which cost £200 quid a month to run. Totally unreasonable for a regular buyer but perfectly affordable to someone purchasing 10s of cards a month. Until retailers combat the bots, the scalpers have everyone by the balls.

@Gibbo I'd just like to thank you for upgrading the Gigabyte 3070 Gaming OC I ordered a few weeks back to the 3070 Aorus Master and shipping it today. I can't see any other companies doing this for free in order to get the orders shipped. So once again, thank you.

Fully agree, there are many many folk in this forum alone that have been waiting since SEPTEMBER, and stock is getting WORSE. It's a complete joke that they even consider releasing new cards but then again, what do they care if a bot or a real human being buys it eh, they still get their money and it's us, the consumer that gets ****** over. It's the fact there is ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY at work here where there is plenty of cards but they are bought up by bots which cost £200 quid a month to run. Totally unreasonable for a regular buyer but perfectly affordable to someone purchasing 10s of cards a month. Until retailers combat the bots, the scalpers have everyone by the balls.

I am one of them. Purchased an MSI Gaming X Trio on Launch. I'm down from 806 to under the 100 now in the queue and seeing @Gibbo post earlier this week regarding the terrible stock issues is massively disheartening. Although i will say I think what OcUK and the team are doing by upgrading people to get them a card is nothing short of awesome, CS is one of the reasons i always come back to OcUK. I need the high end card for working in unreal but always refuse to pay the TITAN/3090 prices as they are just silly with the 3080 hitting a certain sweet spot for price performance (if a little gimped on RAM). But I am now trying to find a 3090 as I have a "better" chance of getting on than the 3080! Its nigh on impossible to obtain a card though due to the bots. I'm literally on site in seconds after stock warnings but they are already sold out. Its literally luck of the draw it seems.

I considered holding my place in the queue and buying a second hand 2080ti at one point "to do me" until it arrives but paying 1000+ for deprecated second hand card i cant vouch for turns my stomach. So im running my 3990x for work with a GTX1080 i salvaged from my gaming rig. It does absolutely fine on most games older games but if you want the shiny its not going to cut it. Forget developing raytracing stuff with it either. I have another 3990x render node with a GTX 1050 as it was all I could get! Not 3D modelling on that bad boy until i can get a better card. :D

So I am in the praying zone as are we all.

His video is accurate and I agree it won't be until 2023 until things recover, irrelevant of what mining does.

But he is missing one major point.

Yes the demand is through the roof, but that demand is mostly down to greedy scalpers.

The simple fact is the scalpers have got so smart with their BOT's and scripts that anything that goes live gets bought up immediately and now no matter what we try seems to be futile.
A few examples, we put some 6700 XT live last week at MSRP, brand new product never seen before so its not like scripts/BOTs could have these stored, but the fact was they had sold out in an instant.
Even putting product in none graphic card sections and its an instant sell out.

I still don't get it. Scalpers are operating at the point of retail purchase.
Everyone keeps saying it's a demand problem.

But the stock shipped to that point of retail purchase (OcUK, Asus TUF 3080 OC) has dropped from maybe 100 per week to almost zero to 5 per week.

If it's a demand problem, then either someone is syphoning off those cards before they get to OcUK and selling/allocating them to someone else e.g. other retailers that are allowing new orders as opposed to fulfilling backorders, or there is a production problem that has reduced the overall ship rate by 95%.

Nothing else is logical.

Last edited:
Yep that's why I caved today, I couldn't do it anymore. I still want to tell folks here to stay strong as I'm still feeling very conflicted for shelling out that much for a 3070, but honestly it's been a remarkably painful 6 months, and not just on the graphics card front. I'd say if you have a card left over definitely wait it out but I just have a skeleton over here.

I’ve got a 1070 Ti which I’d be happy enough to stick with until next gen but I’ve already promised my current rig to a nephew for his birthday in July.

I honestly thought I’d have a complete new build ready for myself by Christmas. Heck even the O11 XL case I fancy is rarely in stock.

I’ve got a 1070 Ti which I’d be happy enough to stick with until next gen but I’ve already promised my current rig to a nephew for his birthday in July.

I honestly thought I’d have a complete new build ready for myself by Christmas. Heck even the O11 XL case I fancy is rarely in stock.
I'm look for the standard O11D they've been out of stock everywhere for months

I was looking too, seems everyone loves the case and since more people have built PCs this yeah I guess it’s supply and demand problems again :( we can’t escape!

Just looked it up and it is a nice case, aimed at watercooled systems, so I guess everyone is watercooling. Makes me wonder if my system (when/if I get the gpu and other upgrades) will keep everything cool enough :confused:

Just looked it up and it is a nice case, aimed at watercooled systems, so I guess everyone is watercooling. Makes me wonder if my system (when/if I get the gpu and other upgrades) will keep everything cool enough :confused:
It’s a great case for air cooling too, not sure if it’s the best but toms hardware has a good video on it if you’re thinking on picking one up i recommend watching that :)

Back
Top Bottom