• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Absolutely, same for me. I'm in the 130s for a strix non oc 3080 and I'd take a LHR version any day of the week.
Have you looked at Gibbo's post page 170? whether its lhr or standard there aren't any, so don't expect it to happen soon, if at all, not trying to be a killjoy, just a real prospect.:p

Associate
It's kinda annoying i bought from **** first day 3080 was released (Gigabyte Eagle OC) and I had about 3 faulty cards so gave up and went to overclockers for different card and still waiting in position 300+ for 3080 Ventus 3X OC and now basically being told to give up on this card aswell:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Have you looked at Gibbo's post page 170? whether its lhr or standard there aren't any, so don't expect it to happen soon, if at all, not trying to be a killjoy, just a real prospect.:p
Of course I have, but other than going to a scalper for £1500+ what other option is there than staying in for now?
If the LHR replace the standard cards like for like (a big if) then being in the existing queue for a card is surely a better position to be in than cancelling my order right now and just being a person with cash wanting a card.

Associate
Why would u cancel? U were less than 10 in queue. You should’ve just waited since there is little chance u will get a 3080 or 3080 Ti for a decent price
Im gonna try go for the FE edition instead and by the looks of it asus aren’t gonna supply non oc versions especially with the 3080ti out now. Id rather have the money on hand than have it loaned out to OC and anyways atm im running a strix 2070 super so i cant really complain

Associate
Im gonna try go for the FE edition instead and by the looks of it asus aren’t gonna supply non oc versions especially with the 3080ti out now. Id rather have the money on hand than have it loaned out to OC and anyways atm im running a strix 2070 super so i cant really complain

Do nvidia drop the FE on the Web store every Thursday?

Associate
So I'm 452 in queue for the Asus GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix Gaming OC and seeing the recent update does worry me and I guess I should just cancel? It's a bummer since I needed this upgrade but what can you do.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
How come the consensus is to cancel now? Especially if you have waited since Sept/Oct 2020.
our graphics card buyer offered some guidance yesterday based on worsening 3080 supply and the looming possibility of the launch models all being discontinued as Nvidia transition their board partners to limited hash rate production.

There's a growing sense that we're being railroaded down a dead end street and the pragmatic approach will be to try to jump now, whilst there are new cards launching and AMD cards available. At the very least we recommend that everybody who is waiting still, actively look for other options rather than waiting, because, there is no doubt now that at some point there will come a time where we are forced to cancel orders.

Back
Top Bottom