• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Asus Strix 3080 OC, last email was on 21/05 with position 321. Down from about 1050ish when i first order so 321 seems low now!
That queue position is higher than the number that's been shipped so I'd definitely look around for alternative.

Edit - wouldn't have replied if I'd spotted your username earlier :D

Super, Super Leeds.....

Associate
:cry: It's not often I get called out for it but every once in a while someone will spot it.
I can spot a wrong un. Going to block you now :p

How come these are already at EOL? Because of the Ti release or the LHR variants?
MSI and Zotac each cancelled one of their 3080 SKUs a while ago. Yes I think the changeover to the LHR versions is causing issues. Which cards will continue as LHR versions etc

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Asus Strix 3080 OC, last email was on 21/05 with position 321. Down from about 1050ish when i first order so 321 seems low now!
You have to consider how much that movement is down to cancellation and how, if someone has been stubborn enough to stick around so far, they are unlikely to willingly leave the queue now.

So, ignoring the apparent supply drop off and threats of discontinuation, if we were to somehow get the same number of cards over the next nine months as we had over the last nine months (269 pcs), you still wouldn't receive your card. It's a bleak situation but that's where we are.

OcUK Staff
You have to consider how much that movement is down to cancellation and how, if someone has been stubborn enough to stick around so far, they are unlikely to willingly leave the queue now.

So, ignoring the apparent supply drop off and threats of discontinuation, if we were to somehow get the same number of cards over the next nine months as we had over the last nine months (269 pcs), you still wouldn't receive your card. It's a bleak situation but that's where we are.

This and now factor in that the 3080 production will no doubt get somewhat split between 3080 and 3080Ti, the numbers could be even smaller, though technically I believe the 3080Ti's are 3090's with half the ram and a cluster cut off but still the board partners will always focus on more profitable SKU's, but saying that right now they probably make more money on 3080 considering how massively all the AIB's pumped the 3080 pricing up since launch.

Back
Top Bottom