• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Was a first 15 mins zotac trinity on launch day Martind. Gibbo did a golden & sent a Amp Holo out on friday (I was 6th in the queue since pretty much new year)
wow what a wait, hope you love it as much as I do! 3080's are beasts, took me two days to get the Asus rgb working! (tuf3080oc)as I have a Gigabyte B550 master mobo and corsair k65 keyboard, was running open rgb to run all rgb, but it was conflicting so uninstalled and gone back to icue, rgb fusion (Gigabyte) more background stuff running but decided 5900X can handle it.:p

Associate
don't think it will run with amd you would need freesnyc, but maybe wrong and stand to be corrected :) just saw above posts! so delete:eek:
yeah It works with my 3080 fine no stuttering or tear, I think it works on AMD too since on Amazon and ASUS it says needs a RX 5000 series or RTX 2000 series or higher GPU to get 4K @ 144hz with DSC. My monitor is 4K 144Hz with G sync compatible:D

Associate
wow what a wait, hope you love it as much as I do! 3080's are beasts, took me two days to get the Asus rgb working! (tuf3080oc)as I have a Gigabyte B550 master mobo and corsair k65 keyboard, was running open rgb to run all rgb, but it was conflicting so uninstalled and gone back to icue, rgb fusion (Gigabyte) more background stuff running but decided 5900X can handle it.:p
An ASUS card is compatible with RGB fusion?

Associate
....At the very least we recommend that everybody who is waiting still, actively look for other options rather than waiting, because, there is no doubt now that at some point there will come a time where we are forced to cancel orders.

I took your advice, partially out of impatience anyway, but thanks for all the efforts by OCUK to honour thousands of orders at a loss. :)

Overclockers.co.uk: Queue Position of Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
As we haven't have a status update for a few weeks there's an odd spike ("33") that can be ignored; again it's highly likely to be 33 cancellation over the three weeks.

I've admired your graphs over the months, but I fear it's best you make alternative arrangements now. You'll move up a spot when I cancel my order at least :D

Do nvidia drop the FE on the Web store every Thursday?

So I'm 452 in queue for the Asus GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix Gaming OC and seeing the recent update does worry me and I guess I should just cancel? It's a bummer since I needed this upgrade but what can you do.

This is a great idea, I've been a customer for over 5 years but only on forum for a year but not many posts. my sons graphics card packed in and now looking for rtx but none around, hopefully find one soon not paying silly money to these scammers.

I have come here out of desperation, I have built my PC back in November, it has been sitting on the shelf without a graphics card, Do you guys have any suggestions as to how to get an RTX 3080 close to MSRP and not £2000 prices?

Is there any news about any FE's actually being released anytime soon? I didn't see a single 3070ti FE so im doubtful there are any 3080's around anytime soon ?

To all the people asking about MSRP cards - yes, they are obtainable as FE models in the Nvidia official drops (look on Telegram/Discord channels for alerts). You may need to go 3070 or 3090 for a greater chance or getting an order through. There's a few setup steps to do to ensure a rapid order as well, but very achievable as I got my 3090 on the second drop I saw. I didn't want to splurge that much as I had a 3080 TUF non-OC order since launch day, but decided life is too short to wait. I would definitely have preferred to have OC fulfil my order (but not at a loss to them), but this was the best option for me as I'm still 101 in the queue and it looks like there's a good chance it would never arrive.

God I hope I get a 3080 before Battlefield 2042 drops, that game will look amazing with its new engine!

It looks quite stunning, just wondering if I'm going to need to upgrade my CPU to handle 128 player matches! [8700K w/32GB 3200C14 RAM, oh and a 3090 :p]

Associate
An ASUS card is compatible with RGB fusion?
hi, no I had to install Asus creator! but had to remove open rgb as it was stopping the Asus software from working! I don't have a lot of rgb just my keyboard and two fans and mobo, but to have everything working requires three bloody lots of rgb software corsair for keyboard, rgb fusion for the mobo and Asus creator for the 3080 although again rgb in minimum on the gfx card, up till now, open rgb was running it all, meaning I could uninstall all the other stuff! but open rgb doesn't seem to support Asus tuf 3080 as yet, maybe it will soon and if so I'll go back to it as it cuts down on all the other bloatware.:p

Associate
hi, no I had to install Asus creator! but had to remove open rgb as it was stopping the Asus software from working! I don't have a lot of rgb just my keyboard and two fans and mobo, but to have everything working requires three bloody lots of rgb software corsair for keyboard, rgb fusion for the mobo and Asus creator for the 3080 although again rgb in minimum on the gfx card, up till now, open rgb was running it all, meaning I could uninstall all the other stuff! but open rgb doesn't seem to support Asus tuf 3080 as yet, maybe it will soon and if so I'll go back to it as it cuts down on all the other bloatware.:p
Ah ok, Yh it’s annoying that brands require you to use their proprietary software for RGB, I have a gigabyte board so If I upgrade my GPU I’ll need a gigabyte card, wish they’d let other all brands use each other’s software to control

Associate

Sleeper builds rule..............there is nothing more satisfying than getting that braggy gobby m8 round who has a rig that looks like a Jean-michel Jarre concert lighting up the entire room & then just you know.....................Decimating any & all benchmark scores they can pull up into the stone age with a sly grin ;)

Associate
ah 75th world wide...that was a wild night, I think ocuk got me one of the first 980's in the uk back in the day!

I did slap that score silly later & broke 14.4K....still 4th fastest on the oc firestrike bench page (#354 now i think)

PhriRqi.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
currently 101 in the queue for a asus OC strix 3080, might get to zero in the queue mid September if excel projection correct. what ever being Zero in the list will mean?

Associate
I have a random question for you guys: If my monitor is G-Sync Compatible will it work with both Nvidia and AMD GPU’s?

For normal usage, the monitor will work with any card and will run at whatever refresh rate is set in the menu / driver regardless of what the graphics card is pushing out, which can cause screen tearing. (i.e. a 144Hz monitor will refresh at 144Hz even if the card is only putting out 70 fps)

G-Sync (NVidia) and Freesync (AMD) is a specific technology which aligns the monitor and card refresh rates to prevent screen tearing, but normally is only guaranteed to work with that manufacturers cards, though Freesync tends to be more cross compatible (i.e. will work on Nvidia cards as well as AMD)

Back
Top Bottom