• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Good point about the price. And performance probably wont make any difference. But an interesting turn of events. Prices for current 3080 pre-orders seem to be jumping all over the place when comparing the original RRP... I don't think my order will be shipping anytime soon, so plenty of time to ponder!
Yeah the only reason I went for a 3080 was what seemed a good rrp, 650 is what I paid, now there are insane prices,
In truth a 8g 3070 will do me just fine, or maybe a amd offering, so I maybe keeping a eye on them come launch day if there is still no sign of that pesky Eagle, lol

Associate
Nvidia's
I dont plan on posting much but hope my info helps on Eagle 3080 been told today: So far we've shipped 17 of these cards.
so there you have it lol :eek::D
You are currently in queue position 772. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.
Date ordered: 16/09/2020 22:37:45...... actual date was around 21.30 17/9/2020 soon as i got in from work lol
Payment Method: Hitachi Finance
Shipping Method: DPD Two Day
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Ordered (prices in GBP)
£574.99 x 1 - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
£0.00 x 1 - FREE WITH GX-1BV-GI: NVIDIA RTX Bundle Promotion - Watchdogs Legion & GeForce NOW

Sub-Total: 574.99
Shipping: 8.75
VAT: 116.75
Total: 700.49
Yes they said that but the last shipment was 21st. So, they haven't had a shipment in over 2 weeks

Associate
You won’t need to replace it, I have several friends with the 3080 and 750w and they’re fine, sounds like a bad psu to me

750w is fine. Max I have pulled is 550w at the wall when I OCed the card a bit (FE 3080, 3700x, AIO, Fans, SSD, 1xHDD). What is probably more relevant is the quality of the supply to the two 8pin gpu power sockets.

If you have a hungry CPU and one of the OC cards and Overclock things then yea you will need a beefy PSU.
On the other hand if you undervolt then you get a lot less power, heat and noise for little (if any) performance loss. This could be a way to live with a lower PSU until you upgrade.

I just ran the superposition benchmark and took some readings with a meter on the wall socket and HWinfo64 for the max GPU power.
  • Stock Wall:470w GPU:320w
  • OC Wall:530w GPU:370w
  • UV Wall:425w GPU:288w
[edit: I updated the numbers after a few more tests because I think I had a frame limit on]

The OC was all the power and voltage sliders up, +50 core clock and +500memory.
The undervolt is 806/1800 with +500mem clock. This is what I normally run now.

Oh and I have an Corsair RMx 850 so plenty of headroom for my setup.

Last edited:
Associate
I dont plan on posting much but hope my info helps on Eagle 3080 been told today: So far we've shipped 17 of these cards.
so there you have it lol :eek::D
You are currently in queue position 772. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.
Date ordered: 16/09/2020 22:37:45...... actual date was around 21.30 17/9/2020 soon as i got in from work lol
Payment Method: Hitachi Finance
Shipping Method: DPD Two Day
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Ordered (prices in GBP)
£574.99 x 1 - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
£0.00 x 1 - FREE WITH GX-1BV-GI: NVIDIA RTX Bundle Promotion - Watchdogs Legion & GeForce NOW

Sub-Total: 574.99
Shipping: 8.75
VAT: 116.75
Total: 700.49

That actually tracks with the disparity between my unofficial and official queue numbers. I was low 80s on the unofficial, and am mid 50s on the official.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Yeah that's possible, although I have also heard problems with a few other people with a 750w.
I picked up a new 850w about four weeks ago in preparation. I always would go a little higher at least on recommended spec.
It’s not so much the power rating, it’s how well the psu handles the micro fluctuations in current.

Going from low to high usage on a weak psu (or a good one that is worn out / old) is often too much for the card and it’ll crash the desktop.

I know that some cards like the Strix have leds that light up if it crashes to desktop because a psu has failed to deliver the right power to the card.

Hope that helps :)

Associate
I moved up 6 places from the low 50's. Everyone above that seems to have moved up 6 places also. Cancellations further down explain the disparity. So thats 6 off the list but you have also got 'prebuilt stock' possibly eating into the delivery.
My only guess is that only 6 came in. Someone in the top 6 has a bigger order with other out of stock items so the allocation went to the next in the list (we know queue number 7 shipped). Whoever missed out this time is still technically higher in the queue, so most moved up 6 places. The rest is an effect of cancellations. All I can think of...

Associate
750w is fine. Max I have pulled is 550w at the wall when I OCed the card a bit (FE 3080, 3700x, AIO, Fans, SSD, 1xHDD). What is probably more relevant is the quality of the supply to the two 8pin gpu power sockets.

If you have a hungry CPU and one of the OC cards and Overclock things then yea you will need a beefy PSU.
On the other hand if you undervolt then you get a lot less power, heat and noise for little (if any) performance loss. This could be a way to live with a lower PSU until you upgrade.

I just ran the superposition benchmark and took some readings with a meter on the wall socket and HWinfo64 for the max GPU power.
  • Stock Wall:473w GPU:318w
  • OC Wall:525w GPU:362w
  • UV Wall:360w GPU:222w

Thanks for posting this. Very helpful :)

Associate
How did you determine that 8 cards shipped though? If you worked that out because someone moved 8 places how do you know that wasn't less real cards shipping + cancellations?

Confirmed shipping notifications from actual forum users. Like I said, worst case scenario is we should have moved forwards 8 spots, not 6.

My guess, and this is only a guess, is that OCUK are gently 'massaging' the numbers, attempting to get a few from the next shipment for their prebuilts.

Associate
Yeah 1 week and I don't have a queue update yet. Its getting a bit ridiculous.

Over 3 weeks for me mate and I don't have a queue position.

If they haven't dispatched any of the cards that you bought then you won't get an update until they do. If they have dispatched some then good luck getting customer service to help you. They haven't even been able to tell those of us who haven't received queue positions whether we are in the database at all.

Associate
You won’t need to replace it, I have several friends with the 3080 and 750w and they’re fine, sounds like a bad psu to me

That's a rather naive comment, you don't know what he has attached to his system or what else might be drawing more power than might be normal. Just because you have a few friends OK with that power doesn't mean everyone will be.

Associate
I was thinking the same :)

• Stock Wall:473w GPU:318w
  • OC Wall:525w GPU:362w
  • UV Wall:360w GPU:222w

i have a 3700x currently I’ve checked multiple wattage calculators and they all say my system is at 520-560w at stock, leaving me with 190 head room, I should be good

Associate
Yeah the only reason I went for a 3080 was what seemed a good rrp, 650 is what I paid, now there are insane prices,
In truth a 8g 3070 will do me just fine, or maybe a amd offering, so I maybe keeping a eye on them come launch day if there is still no sign of that pesky Eagle, lol

That's pretty much the only reason I haven't cancelled my Eagle order with OcUK - I managed to get it for RRP.

Associate
That's pretty much the only reason I haven't cancelled my Eagle order with OcUK - I managed to get it for RRP.
Tbf buddy the amount im gaming atm i really dont need this card, thats why im not that fussed when it comes,
Happy for it not to appear for another month so i get the option to swap to a different card offering, something i said i was going to do a month ago,
But i got caught up in the attractive RRP and the hype of the launch, and i was free to buy on launch day so i got one,
If i was really high in the queue i would have cancelled already and waited for the end of the year

Associate
Is it safe to assume OCers are basically not going to get any Asus TUF non-OC cards anytime this year? This is the card they have the most orders of by far and so far they have not recieved any?!

Associate
Until they have an equivalent of DLSS that can convincingly compete, I'm sticking with Nvidia. The gap in performance will still be significant as a result.

How many games will support DLSS when AMD is being used in all the consoles. More likly that games end up better optimised for AMD in the long run no?

Associate
Don't think a lack of implementation will be an issue with DLSS, there's plenty of appetite to get sexy ray tracing in games and DLSS is a quick-win when it comes to performance.

Back
Top Bottom