• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
How many games will support DLSS when AMD is being used in all the consoles. More likly that games end up better optimised for AMD in the long run no?
If them consoles are to get anywhere near 60fps "4k" they will need some sort of DLSS,
Im sure i read a while back that DLSS is going to work with any title that supports a certain type of Anti Aliasing,
Cant remember what exactly was said but something like that, and i could have just dreamt it lol

Associate
If them consoles are to get anywhere near 60fps "4k" they will need some sort of DLSS,
Im sure i read a while back that DLSS is going to work with any title that supports a certain type of Anti Aliasing,
Cant remember what exactly was said but something like that, and i could have just dreamt it lol
As far as I know all the consoles are using AMD GPUs so DLSS being an Nvidia technology isn't going to be a runner.

Associate
They'll prolly get like 20 random cards show up to ship out. It has become so embarrassing that's why the lack of updates.

Yeah, the eternal optimist in me is hoping that the launch stock levels were pretty scarce, but that theres a juicy container ship sat somewhere unload a ****ton of GPU's to spread out across the UK :D:D:D

Associate
They'll prolly get like 20 random cards show up to ship out. It has become so embarrassing that's why the lack of updates.

to be fair they pretty much don't know what they are getting all the time until either the morning or the day before, the entire allocation they get goes through 1 distribution centre who have to split their allocation between all of their customers, so its not like they even find out themselves.

and yes i am defending OC because i know what its like to be on the other end of lots of people all wanting answers and not always being able to provide them.

Associate
Listening to Trump this morning sounds like the first thing he's going to do if he gets re-elected is go to war with China - so hope we get our cards before December!!!

Associate
to be fair they pretty much don't know what they are getting all the time until either the morning or the day before, the entire allocation they get goes through 1 distribution centre who have to split their allocation between all of their customers, so its not like they even find out themselves.

... and so far at least, this is proceeding pretty much as Gibbo said it would, not much delivered until later this month at the earliest.

I know it is frustrating to be in a queue with no idea when your number will come up, but at least you can join a queue instead of playing the F5 lottery elsewhere against the bots and scalpers.

Associate
People writing they haven't had an update about their manufacturer card shipments. Cries in EVGA at least there was something for you guys, peeps who have ordered these have got NOTHING since release yet...

Associate
How many games will support DLSS when AMD is being used in all the consoles. More likly that games end up better optimised for AMD in the long run no?
AMD has always had a stronger presence in the consoles area, for decades. Yet, PC games still is mostly influenced by NVidia.

Associate
People writing they haven't had an update about their manufacturer card shipments. Cries in EVGA at least there was something for you guys, peeps who have ordered these have got NOTHING since release yet...

Someone on the EVGA 3080 thread got in contact with one of the EVGA distributors for the UK and they said they're going to get a shipment in at the end of the month - so hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom