• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
i havent seen anyone get a EAGLE OC 3080 from OCUK... and im telling you , ive always been 2nd in the que..... i DONT beleive they have had any EAGLE OC cards....
maybe poeple had them from other suppliers?

Soldato
I'm trying to work out what's going on here. A competitor have a status page where they state the pre-orders and they're giving approximate shipping dates. I'm further down the OcUK pre-order queue for a specific card, than they have outstanding pre-orders for the entire manufacturer.

Meanwhile the sizeable credit card bill is due next week for something I might not see before New Year.

Pull your finger out OcUK.

Associate
Just cancelled my OcUk order for the Asus TUF (non oc) as was 558 in the queue and doubt I would have received any time soon.

Managed to order a EVGA XC3 3080 from a European company that has now been dispatched and is estimated to arrive on Tuesday via DPD.

would have preferred the TUF as this was only 700.00 and I've had to pay 810.00 in total for the EVGA but at least I'll be able to drive my monitors as upgraded to 4K and sold my 2K monitor, 1080ti isn't up the task in all games unfortunately.

Associate
A bit off topic but does anyone know how refunds work on a credit card AFTER the money is charged to your main account, i.e. credit card is cleared but your account is charged. Then OCers refund you after this time, to the credit card, which no longer has a balance on it as its been paid off. So where does the money go?!
You end up with a credit... that you can’t withdraw. Means you can spend that value to your heart’s content though!!

Associate
I'm trying to work out what's going on here. A competitor have a status page where they state the pre-orders and they're giving approximate shipping dates. I'm further down the OcUK pre-order queue for a specific card, than they have outstanding pre-orders for the entire manufacturer.

Meanwhile the sizeable credit card bill is due next week for something I might not see before New Year.

Pull your finger out OcUK.

So they just have us buyers deep in ....

Associate
Based on this thread and the info received from Giga man, it looks like there has been no recall or delay to the Eagles, due to the "issues" raised. He has said that any that were shipped with the issue will be fixed by Gigabyte, and that all cards produced from whenever the issue was identified would not have the problem, as they have now corrected it.

In short, I don't think the power connector issue is the cause for the delay (at least, based on the limited information we have).

Associate
Your account will go into a positive for you too spend. If it stays as a positive after due date then the bank will send you a check or they can send the money to the card set up with direct debit for that credit card.
Well... consider me educated. Gonna pretend I didn’t see this though as I’ll be in the same boat, and gonna tell the wife I have to spend it on a new Ryzen and mobo!! :D

Soldato
Yeah, taking all the money at the point of order is a tad distasteful when there's backorders for months and the stock shortage situation wasn't known at the point of order.

For example assuming they actually ship me a card in late November, they'll have had the money sat in their account for probably three months by the time they settle the bill with the distributor/manufacturer.

Other retailers, eg Amazon may well reserve the funds but will only take payment at the point of dispatch. At which point it shows up on the bill and the payment clock starts ticking.

Associate
as i said,. just because THEY have the cards.. doesnt mean they got them from OCUK... ???
UPDATE FOR FORUM MEMBERS - TO INCREASE CHANCES OF GETTING ONE ON LAUNCH DAY!

The following cards are in stock right now and shall be available to order around 14:00 today, quantities are limited and expected to sell out straight away, GOOD LUCK!

- Gigabyte Eagle
- Gigabyte Gaming
- Asus TUF
- Palit Gaming Pro
- Palit Gaming Pro OC
- Zotac Trinity

Stock arriving over next few days:
- MSI Ventus
- MSI Trio
- Asus TUF
- Palit Gaming Pro
- Gigabyte Eagle
- Gigabyte Gaming
- Zotac Trinity

Gibbos first post on launch day stating that some Eagles were in stock

bro theye delivered EAGLE 3080's NOT the EAGLE OC 3080...... im 2nd in que... they havent had any of these cards!
@Taffy got one of the Eagles from day one maybe he can tell you what model it was.
but yeah OCUK dont stock the none oc version, Never did from what i seen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom