• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The new Moore's law is dead video pretty much sums up this whole fiasco. I'm keeping my place for the non OC tuf as I reckon there will be plenty of stock (as if by magic and purely coincidence) when Big Navi launches.
I wouldn't be surprised if retails receive stock and get told by Nvidia not to sell any until Navi launch.

Soldato
Er.. no... people are suspended or banned for breaking the rules that we all agreed to when we signed up for this forum and that particular rule as been there for a very long time now and has nothing to do with the current situation.

Indeed. Moderators are just being more vocal about it in these threads because people keep breaking the rules.

Associate
Who says they know about the stocking levels, abit of an assumption there. Average joe comes on the site, preorders a card, hands over best part of £800 and isn’t given a delivery date and given that most retailers are receiving sod all stock and already have large queues, how is that responsible and showing good customer service? Obviously they can cancel but it’s just pure greed of OcUK to even accept the order.

I find it hard to believe there are that many people out there in the market for a piece of 700 quid enthusiast grade hardware and have absolutely zero idea about the stock situation, and even if they were, there is plenty of information on this site and elsewhere, and the fact that you literally cannot order one anywhere else would surely give some indication.

If someone wants to preorder something that doesn't have a firm date for expected delivery, that's on them, at least they have a chance to join the queue at all, I just don't really think its a big deal like people are making out, there is enough info on the site and out there about the 30 series stock situation, you'd have to be pretty naive to order one now and think you'd be getting it any time soon.

OC still talking preorders for something is the least of the issues I'd have with them tbh

Associate
The new Moore's law is dead video pretty much sums up this whole fiasco. I'm keeping my place for the non OC tuf as I reckon there will be plenty of stock (as if by magic and purely coincidence) when Big Navi launches.
just saw the vid, i really hope its true

Associate
So, question on Zotac... Didn't some people claim some Zotac Trinities had shipped last week? There was no communication from Gibbo on those nor I received an e-mail with updated position, so just wondering if it was true or not.

I'm so frustrated by this whole thing, if I wasn't 5th in the queue i'd have cancelled the order and bought a 2070 Super. I'm only missing the GPU to finish my build.

Associate
I've been looking through this thread for a while now seeing people talking about their place in queue, do we get automatically sent this by email once we've preordered one of the GPUs?

Associate
I've been looking through this thread for a while now seeing people talking about their place in queue, do we get automatically sent this by email once we've preordered one of the GPUs?

I think you do, I ordered mine 3 days ago, and keep seeing a mention of an email for a queue being sent.

Associate

If you've ordered in the last couple of weeks then you should get the queue position email when there is a movement in the queue for your particular card.

If you ordered before that then you should have already received a queue position email.

Associate
Er.. no... people are suspended or banned for breaking the rules that we all agreed to when we signed up for this forum and that particular rule as been there for a very long time now and has nothing to do with the current situation.

I understand the rule and agree that it makes sense at normal times with normal stock levels. But its not as if a link to xyx ltd (not real) will result in many lost sales as any competitor is only going to have little stock in any event.

OC may lose a couple of sales but i can gaurantee they are losing more customers long term now.

Associate
what and take less orders lol. At this point all the queue guarantees anybody is that they will get a card....ONE DAY. It might be this year but unless you're <100 or things improve you wont see anything till next year.

we all agree that not enough is being done with regard to comms especially considering they're holding onto a fair chunk of our change right now.

Take less orders in the short term, sure, but some of these people who are mad are likely to never shop again with OCUK in future which harms long term sales and growth, for anyone business savvy you don't burn people in the short term to make a quick buck, even if you're just purely greedy there's an argument to be made you'll make more money in the long run keeping customers happy.

I think you've exaggerated a bit with the stock, we've seen some "OK" shipments on some of the more popular cards, about 50 of the MSI ventus last week, there's still 10 weeks left until Xmas, and production has been rumored to be ramping up which will see much more stock moving in Nov. If I had to place a bet I'd say something like the Ventus queue will get your card before Xmas if you're <500 but maybe a lot higher depending on how aggressive the ramp up in production becomes. If we can at least just get 50 a week for 10 weeks that's 500 cards.

This might not be applicable to some of the lower volume cards like the 3090s or specifically higher binned 3080s, they're naturally slower for other reasons more to do with yield.

Associate
I think you do, I ordered mine 3 days ago, and keep seeing a mention of an email for a queue being sent.
If you've ordered in the last couple of weeks then you should get the queue position email when there is a movement in the queue for your particular card.

If you ordered before that then you should have already received a queue position email.
Alright cheers, guess I'll have to pester my Dad about the queue number since he's the one who ordered the card. The place in the queue is gonna be stone dead at the bottom since he ordered it today.

Associate
You know why they not give us clear information about stock ?
Because most ppl make cancellation preorders and they scare this a lot £££ thats why silent from OCUK
Is this a cryptic quiz? I've read it 8 times and I can't work it out :D:D Can anyone decipher the puzzle?

Associate
Is this a cryptic quiz? I've read it 8 times and I can't work it out :D:D Can anyone decipher the puzzle?

I think they are saying "The reason why overclockers are being silent on the stock situation is because people will cancel their preorders if they find out how far they are in the queue. They are scared as its a lot of money"

Just a guess.

Soldato
So, question on Zotac... Didn't some people claim some Zotac Trinities had shipped last week? There was no communication from Gibbo on those nor I received an e-mail with updated position, so just wondering if it was true or not.

I'm so frustrated by this whole thing, if I wasn't 5th in the queue i'd have cancelled the order and bought a 2070 Super. I'm only missing the GPU to finish my build.

I've only seen OC'ed versions shipped

Back
Top Bottom