• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Right tomorrow will be one month with one email about position in the queue!!!!! I need information to keep my spirits up. I ordered gigabyte eagle as I saw they had stock coming in as it said " stock arriving on the 23rd". Clearly total lies. Now I'm in a predicament. Two weeks until big navi is realised with supposedly similar performance and rtx. Once that happens and you can either order or preorder big navi i recon thousands of preorders for the 3080 on oc and competitors will all at once jump **** to amd. Oc will be inundated with refund requests which will surely take weeks to go through. Shall I cancel now??? Advice please. Order number 195 for eagle

Associate
If they have Binned it doesn't that mean they have chucked it away?

In case this isn't just a joke - binning is a term used where manufacturers measure the performance of components and then put them into specific categories or "bins" which are then used to build different products. This is basically because manufacturing processes aren't perfect and produce variance in quality of the chips, some can run faster/cooler and are better suited for premium products which come high clock speed and performance.

The problem with that however is that it's only ever a small proportion of the chips you make that make it into the highest bins and so supply of those chips is always a lot smaller than everything else, with supply in general being so low right now, it means anything built from binned chips is going to have next to no supply, it's just the nature of the game.

Right tomorrow will be one month with one email about position in the queue!!!!! I need information to keep my spirits up. I ordered gigabyte eagle as I saw they had stock coming in as it said " stock arriving on the 23rd". Clearly total lies. Now I'm in a predicament. Two weeks until big navi is realised with supposedly similar performance and rtx. Once that happens and you can either order or preorder big navi i recon thousands of preorders for the 3080 on oc and competitors will all at once jump **** to amd. Oc will be inundated with refund requests which will surely take weeks to go through. Shall I cancel now??? Advice please. Order number 195 for eagle

If you cancel your order I'm reasonably sure that OC will not process it even if the refund hasn't reached you yet. And even in the case they do you can just return it for a refund under the distant selling rules as long as you return it within a few weeks.

It's an open question right now if you'll be able to order a different GPU with OCUK as I don't think they've clarified this yet, my suspicion is you will be able to as it would be kinda insane for them to reject so many potential big Navi purchases when people can simply order them at a competitor.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for big Navi releasing with insane amounts of stock, my guess is you'll be in a queue for one of them as well, purely speculation on my part but with the PS5 and Xbox Series X launch also consuming TSMC 7nm chips and both being completely sold out on preorders I see there being a fairly large scrap over TSMC wafers until probably way after Xmas meaning AMD may not be in any better of a position to fill orders.

Last edited:
Associate

I would just stick it out, do you not have your previous GPU?

Associate

ive been 2nd in que since my order... :-\ its ridiculous this man.... yess it sucks... but just wait it out!!! toughest part is not having updates...

Associate
ive been 2nd in que since my order... :-\ its ridiculous this man.... yess it sucks... but just wait it out!!! toughest part is not having updates...

I am sure you will have you card within a few weeks if you are second in the queue, plus apparently production will be starting up again soon.

Associate

interesting video on it all....with 300,000 chips coming to market late October/November.

All strategic lies from Nvidia.

Last edited:
Associate
Wasn't too bothered about being 1004th in the queue for my ASUS TUF Non-OC. But, hearing this discontinued rumours or this OC priority business is driving me mad. At this right I wonder if I'll EVER get that damn non-OC card.

Soldato
I think they are saying "The reason why overclockers are being silent on the stock situation is because people will cancel their preorders if they find out how far they are in the queue. They are scared as its a lot of money"

Just a guess.

Yep. Why grab all that cash on what may as well have been on the promise of supplying magic beans, only to hand it back?

Associate
Wasn't too bothered about being 1004th in the queue for my ASUS TUF Non-OC. But, hearing this discontinued rumours or this OC priority business is driving me mad. At this right I wonder if I'll EVER get that damn non-OC card.

I’m almost 100 percent sure none of these are true.
Also, for anyone that is worried about stock, watch the latest Moore’s law is dead video. Might make you feel a little better.

Associate

They arent being discontinued....you are being lied to, as part of profiteering strategy by Nvidia.....watch the Moores Law video above.

Associate
there's no difference i'm afraid. nobody knew the situation or how things would pan out. people would be switching queues to receive a card sooner. how would you like to be shoved 3-400 (or more) places DOWN a queue just because a load of other people made the wrong choice. For OC to even consider that an option would be very stupid tbh. The issue if there even is one is between the buyer and OC. Knowing OC they will make another queue to appease those that switch lmao. i really doubt it will come to that though. If you switch product for any reason you should go to the back of that queue. Its the only fair way imho
You said what I wanted to say. How can he say there is no fault of their own. When you make a wrong choice, you suffer. If want to switch, go to the back of the new line even though you ordered earlier but unfortunately it was wrong choice. That would be fair for ppl on the Tuf OC line. I'm in Aorus line not that one, just want to say my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom