• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
They arent being discontinued....you are being lied to, as part of profiteering strategy by Nvidia.....watch the Moores Law video above.

Well from the video it seems that RRP is a bit of a myth no? Nvidia gave rebates to try persuade AIBs to put out and sell RRP models. The rebates were for a limited time only. RRP models barely make any profit it seems, and that ASUS TUF is a well built card, I'd imagine at RRP it was barely making anything. Their strategy of focusing on the OC predominantly would make perfect commercial sense. It would be mad to make Non OCs when there are people waiting to hoover up an OC card at £70+ more.

An official discontinuation may well never take place, but I can see non OC cards being treated as second class citizens without a shadow of a doubt.

Associate
Yes you should, OC shouldn't have continued to take orders that they have no idea when they can fulfil. Greed over service, they deserve every bit of grief that's coming to them(not the staff though).

If they had gone down a deposit route for the place in the queue then people wouldn't be complaining, but at a conservative estimate of 5000 units at 650 that's 3,250,000 of peoples money that they don't have a clue when they can fulfil which is really really poor.

Absolutely agree with this, they are making vast amounts of interest on that sum without any outlay yet, I can guarantee they havnt paid for stock in advance.

Associate
It's not that vague. They show how many people are in the queue for each card and whenever they update it we can infer how many cards they received and shipped (at most, some cancellations will probably be in there too).
Sure we can make educated guesses and some are probably on the money. It kind of defeats any policy of not disclosing numbers by OC though

Associate
Personally I have no faith in TrustPilot anyway, it is far too easy to buy positive reviews by the 1,000 from China.

On the up side, I am expecting the stock pattern that Gibbo set out right at the start of this to remain accurate, especially as it also ties in with the 'Moore's Law is Dead' video.

Oh really. I never knew that !
Yeah it has been pretty accurate so far and it’s probably only way he could tell us that things will get quite a bit better.
Does make sense why they are still taking orders like said. They could wipe out the preorders much faster than anyone thinks.

Associate
Gibbo updated

"The small amount of Strix 3080 OC have arrived and are shipping out!
A small amount of MSI 3080 Gaming Trio are due tomorrow."

Look out for any shipping/queue update emails and let us know your positions!

Associate
You don't honestly believe a car only starts being built when you order it do you haha ???
There are many 1000s prebuilt

Yes actually a lot of high/mid spec cars brand new are built to order, standard everyday run of the mill cars however are not. Considering most modern cars come with lots of additions it actually stands to reason that most cars are built to order.

Associate

I asked if there was any information about non OC Trinity's being shipped as I'm getting no information from here. I asked if I'll likely see my card before AMD release their line-up as availability is more important to me at this point. Even if AMD were slightly behind, it would be quick enough for what I need it for.

I hoped that me saying I was a current Amp Extreme owner who enjoys his card and that's why I went with the Trinity (only version available on 17th) would have got me better answers but nah.

So....... What say you good people at OCUK? I'm 50th in line and did expect a wait (ordered 15:12 - 17/9/20) but my queue position hasn't moved, it seems nobody has for Trinity Non OC. I guess the guy is just telling me that Zotac cards are leaving the building and not specifically the card I was referring to. Why is there no news about the Non OC cards?

@EVH Can you ask Gibbo to see if he can find out some news for those waiting on Zotac Trinity non OC models please? I know, your hands/voices are tied in some strange way but anything is better than nothing. I'm fine with my old 1070 and don't mind waiting, I'm just hunting for a little information as I'm bored.

Well that's the most information I've seen in regards to Zotac. I'm at queue number 2 and the person whos first has also been quite active on this forum, our orders were placed at 14:03 and 14:04 on the 17th and we've heard nothing since. If cards are being shipped, and various competitors have confirmed they were getting Trinity non-oc stock this week, then surely OC must be getting some too?

Associate
... they are making vast amounts of interest on that sum without any outlay yet...

Nobody is making 'vast amounts' of interest on cash at the moment, typical business account pays around 0.05% at these days, or around £10 a week per million...

Wouldn't even cover Gibbo's petrol bill... :)

Associate
Well from the video it seems that RRP is a bit of a myth no? Nvidia gave rebates to try persuade AIBs to put out and sell RRP models. The rebates were for a limited time only. RRP models barely make any profit it seems, and that ASUS TUF is a well built card, I'd imagine at RRP it was barely making anything. Their strategy of focusing on the OC predominantly would make perfect commercial sense. It would be mad to make Non OCs when there are people waiting to hoover up an OC card at £70+ more.

An official discontinuation may well never take place, but I can see non OC cards being treated as second class citizens without a shadow of a doubt.

Well watching the video, he states the AIB's are making below their usual 40% margin (which is still very high in the world of Electronics) and that they are making it up to them on the lower priced models with a rebate....so they have held stock back, pushing the pricing up of everything to give them some additional margin with preorders making up the bulk of orders, with the plan of flooding the market late October/November and fulfilling all the orders at an above RRP price.

So Id expect all the orders currently on hold including the non OC's to be filled in the coming weeks and we've all paid over the odds thanks to Nvidias little tricks.

Associate

I asked if there was any information about non OC Trinity's being shipped as I'm getting no information from here. I asked if I'll likely see my card before AMD release their line-up as availability is more important to me at this point. Even if AMD were slightly behind, it would be quick enough for what I need it for.

I hoped that me saying I was a current Amp Extreme owner who enjoys his card and that's why I went with the Trinity (only version available on 17th) would have got me better answers but nah.

So....... What say you good people at OCUK? I'm 50th in line and did expect a wait (ordered 15:12 - 17/9/20) but my queue position hasn't moved, it seems nobody has for Trinity Non OC. I guess the guy is just telling me that Zotac cards are leaving the building and not specifically the card I was referring to. Why is there no news about the Non OC cards? Zotacs and Gigabytes are supposed to be coming i n (to the other place) this week so there is hope and if this is true then there is REAL hope that we will get our card before Cyberpunk 2077: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmbvUK93npo

@EVH Can you ask Gibbo to see if he can find out some news for those waiting on Zotac Trinity non OC models please? I know, your hands/voices are tied in some strange way but anything is better than nothing. I'm fine with my old 1070 and don't mind waiting, I'm just hunting for a little information as I'm bored.
Well that's the most information I've seen in regards to Zotac. I'm at queue number 2 and the person whos first has also been quite active on this forum, our orders were placed at 14:03 and 14:04 on the 17th and we've heard nothing since. If cards are being shipped, and various competitors have confirmed they were getting Trinity non-oc stock this week, then surely OC must be getting some too?

There may be some coming this week as they are due in the other place and if this is true we should get the cards soon, well at least before Cyberpunk 2077 releases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmbvUK93npo

Back
Top Bottom