• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Seen quite a few scalpers appearing lately on Irish buy and sell sites, quite a few with overclockers pre orders funny enough, amazes me that there are so many people in the world who have enough time to do so little

Associate
I'm guessing it's about the box loudly advertising that there is an expensive and highly demanded item inside.

I would only be complaining if it turned up in a box marked "Real Action, Inflatable, Durable and Machine Washable" with a dodgey picture on the outside.

I have had items deliverred in their original boxes before. The most expensive was a £4000 Yamaha synth which was given to a man in a white van in Eastbourne courtesy of a large Store on the South Coast. I had my 2070 from another E-tailer arrive in a 2080Ti box outer, You can imagine my excitement then disappointment lol.

Associate
I would only be complaining if it turned up in a box marked "Real Action, Inflatable, Durable and Machine Washable" with a dodgey picture on the outside.

I have had items deliverred in their original boxes before. The most expensive was a £4000 Yamaha synth which was given to a man in a white van in Eastbourne courtesy of a large Store on the South Coast. I had my 2070 from another E-tailer arrive in a 2080Ti box outer, You can imagine my excitement then disappointment lol.
Had 2 monitors from Amazon delivered from the UK to Ireland in the original box and nothing more, both broken on delivery, they were over 1,000 euro, bought my next monitor from an Irish company, why do places risk sending such expensive stuff with 0 extra protection

Associate
All this talk about boxes...

I used to work in a warehouse. We were actively encouraged to reuse the larger boxes we received shipments in. Sometimes a product would go in its own box, many times it'd go in a box totally unrelated to the ordered item. It cuts costs, it's good for the environment (direct recycling) and it speeds up the packing process too.

Some guy over at DPD isn't gonna risk his job to crack open a random box on a whim because of what it says on the side. On the slim chance misc. DPD employee even knows what an RTX 3080 is, they'll probably just say "lucky guy" and chuck it in the back of the van with the rest of the stuff.

Associate
Anyone would think gibbo and the OCUK staff are rolling around in all our money laughing with comments like that lol
Only a bit of fun, I’m sure they are working hard,
(although if some of the people I’ve been working with through covid are any example then...hmmn)

The nights are getting dark and cold and there is a draft running down in this cursed queue.
A song and joke warms the spirits....
(not as much as 3080 OC running at 60degC, mind you)
Roll On update day, Roll On

Associate
Well lads, I snagged an EVGA 3080 so I'm out of the race. I've cancelled my order too so that should bump someone up a tad.
Can't believe I've ordered a card today that comes Tuesday, but the card I ordered an hour after launch is still nowhere.
Good luck to everyone!

Associate
Just recieved my ASUS 3080 TUF OC, looks like they just sent it out in the box that ASUS sent to them, so it had ASUS branding and the model of the card on the side! Will not be buying from Overclockers again, they've handled this situation so poorly and shipping out a hard to get pricey card as they did, is the icing on the cake.
Bye bye, they use DPD, there is no way having it in a Asus branded box would be an issue.

Associate
Well lads, I snagged an EVGA 3080 so I'm out of the race. I've cancelled my order too so that should bump someone up a tad.
Can't believe I've ordered a card today that comes Tuesday, but the card I ordered an hour after launch is still nowhere.
Good luck to everyone!
where from ?

Back
Top Bottom