• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
It is not a pre-order if the product is already released. What they are doing is taking back-orders. Both concepts are 2 entirely different things.

A pre-order is when a product is not released yet and you are ordering it for release (this term also does not carry a negative connotation)

A back-order is when a product has exhausted supply and is currently out of stock (this is interpreted more negatively)

By taking orders and calling them "pre-order" instead of "back-order" is nothing but deception.
I also thought that retailers were not allow to charge your card until dispatch. That was definitely the case a few years ago anyway.

Using preorder is definitely fishy.

Associate
Some Gigabyte Gaming OC news would be nice today.

Hardly seen any updates / stock since ordering on 17th September. I'm in position 142 I think and my first update I was at 163.

I ordered based on eta 23rd September I think around 10:30pm.

Never would have thought I'd still be waiting all this time. Surely we need to see some sort of ramping up in stock availability soon?

Permabanned
it's just a really big turd it really is. gigabyte dodo oc nothing in 5 weeks its a 6900xt for me if i can get one can't wait to see what Saruman comes up with for the dodo update today and Q position.

Associate
Been off the forum for abit so sorry if this has been covered but has there been any update from Gibbo or GIGA about the eagle delivery. There was meant to be an "ok" amount this week but ive not seen anything.

Associate
The ok amount of eagles was in transit via horse and carriage last we heard lol,
Been over a week since there were first mentioned, hopefully they show up today, at the very least to get me near the front of the queue, fingers crossed for a shipping email though

Associate
Its EAGLE day!!!!!!
We must believe ha ha

Near my house there is a bird sanctuary where there are eagles. They aren't completely extinct, just seems that way. In fact I will see a couple today when I go for a walk later.

Got to say that after the 23rd September promise that misled most of us to buy the ugly card, and the fact that we are now all stuck in a queue that is far longer than it should have been due to the false promise, those waiting for eagles haven't complained too much. I think the tactic with OC is to expect the worst. At Q245 I certainly don't expect one before Xmas and would still be surprised if I get one at all. I for one certainly don't "believe" as I have seen no reason to, it took 6 weeks for me to get a queue position never mind a card.
Lets just see how many cards arrive in the 2 expected deliveries, if half of what is expected to be delivered go towards this queue I will be surprised.

Associate
@Gibbo @GIGA-Man hope this day brings you well,
Now your done with the peasant 3070 customers, how about some 3080 updates love ha ha,
tenor.gif

@Gibbo @GIGA-Man

Place 50 in the queue as of last week praying Ok means 50 or just over and not just under .

Back
Top Bottom