• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Near my house there is a bird sanctuary where there are eagles. They aren't completely extinct, just seems that way. In fact I will see a couple today when I go for a walk later.

Got to say that after the 23rd September promise that misled most of us to buy the ugly card, and the fact that we are now all stuck in a queue that is far longer than it should have been due to the false promise, those waiting for eagles haven't complained too much. I think the tactic with OC is to expect the worst. At Q245 I certainly don't expect one before Xmas and would still be surprised if I get one at all. I for one certainly don't "believe" as I have seen no reason to, it took 6 weeks for me to get a queue position never mind a card.
Lets just see how many cards arrive in the 2 expected deliveries, if half of what is expected to be delivered go towards this queue I will be surprised.
Who knows mate, deliverys supposed to be ramping up in November, you might be surprised,
Maybe not if you was in the 1000s but 245 not to bad,
And on the plus side, we got to find this forum that has some characters that have provided me with some laughs along the way, and some good information on other threads, with mostly helpful folk

tenor.gif

@Gibbo @GIGA-Man

Place 50 in the queue as of last week praying Ok means 50 or just over and not just under .
53 cards would be perfect ;);)

anyone thinking about jumping to AMD?
I do, but it all depends on next week news, I am 39 in Inno3d X3 3080 queue, there was an eta of the cards leaving Hk end of this week, on monday we were told they didn't left HK yet, so will be waiting for an update today, next week. if nothing, I'll just go for the AMD option

I do, but it all depends on next week news, I am 39 in Inno3d X3 3080 queue, there was an eta of the cards leaving Hk end of this week, on monday we were told they didn't left HK yet, so will be waiting for an update today, next week. if nothing, I'll just go for the AMD option
im 412 in the ventus que, although a lot have been shipped by MSI i still dont believe ill get mine until December/Jan the earliest. the price of a 6900XT is like £50 more than what i paid for my 3080 so its a no brainer really, im just hoping they have a better launch but probably not.

Who knows mate, deliverys supposed to be ramping up in November, you might be surprised,
Maybe not if you was in the 1000s but 245 not to bad,
And on the plus side, we got to find this forum that has some characters that have provided me with some laughs along the way, and some good information on other threads, with mostly helpful folk

Generally people on this forum have been very helpful to one another and generally deserve to be treated with more respect by OC. Their existing and potential customer base is far better than they deserve IMO.

If I had ordered any other card (which I would have done if it wasn't for the 23rd September promise), then I would be quite high up in a queue. I would have probably got the gaming OC or vision had they not done that. They aren't getting 245 of anything before Xmas. I doubt that they will cover the first hour of orders for the eagle in 3 months. Shambles. As if dealing with nvdia's paper launch wasn't bad enough, OC had to throw their screw ups in for good measure. Basically I have no expectations now.

Its going to be interesting to see how many eagles land compared to what has been promised. Not looking too good so far but you never know, by the end of November I could be below 200 and the first 30 minutes of orders fulfilled. We can but hope.

Would be very intrigued to see the fall in numbers for the non oc Tuf. Anyone beyond 950, let us know when you get the email.

im 412 in the ventus que, although a lot have been shipped by MSI i still dont believe ill get mine until December/Jan the earliest. the price of a 6900XT is like £50 more than what i paid for my 3080 so its a no brainer really, im just hoping they have a better launch but probably not.
+1.. I'm 418 for ventus. 6900(if I can one release day) for me if I don't get it by AMD release date..

Any update is better than no update... why they just cant say no update today.. no cards for a while..

Because people like me are waiting news on a shipment which is allegedly with the forwarders in HK. We would like to know where these cards are, because each time we've asked they haven't left leading us to believe they were never there and haven't left. The answers we are being given leave more questions that answers

Morning all. I just farted and it sounded like the first four notes from the A-Team theme tune. And this, my friends, is the best news any of you will be receiving today.

Because people like me are waiting news on a shipment which is allegedly with the forwarders in HK. We would like to know where these cards are, because each time we've asked they haven't left leading us to believe they were never there and haven't left. The answers we are being given leave more questions that answers
As you've said to others. you have the option to cancel if you don't want to continue queing on a card that may or may not even exist yet. You could truly be in the real pre-order queue ;) - Maybe the inno cards are still in a pile of pcbs at foxconn. We know how apple are taking up all the space :P

Unfortunately everything we've been told by OC and i do mean everything has always left more questions than answers. There's nothing new there. Give a couple of competitors a call and see how different they are when you ask them questions. Its been like night and day for me. Hence the reason i cancelled.

Gibbo said:
A small amount of most of the 3080's are due end of next week.

@Gibbo can you take 30 seconds and specify at least which cards aren't coming, so people dont get their hopes up?
Thought the point of these updates were to know which cards, not "maybe"s

@GIGA-Man @Gibbo any update on the eagles? Gibbo, you've given us no update for the past couple of days on the eagle. We need to know as the eagles were meant to arrive this week, also how many have really arrived?

A small amount of all Gigabyte 3090's are due end of next week.
A small amount of most of the 3080's are due end of next week.
A OK amount of all 3070's due end of next week.

We are also still waiting on some previous shipments to arrive, unfortunately peak season has arrived early in the UK and couriers are all maxed out, speaking with DPD, DHL and Royal Mail all saying they seeing record levels of parcels being ordered from online companies and that Black Friday and Christmas ordering boom has come easy and seems to grow each day.

As such we think this is effecting some of our deliveries as they seem to be taking longer than normal, the couriers throughout the UK and world are all trying to bring on extra staff to cope.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Now it's the mailman's fault.

Back
Top Bottom