• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Is gibbo just ignoring people who are not talking about 3070s. i asked 5 times about the MSI cards that are due and i just got ghosted. He replies to everything else tho in seconds. Joke

Associate
And now my watch is over...

3080 FE ordered yesterday, arrived today and is all set up. First time having a FE card. Quite like it! Good luck to all, may all your GPU's arrive swiftly and safely!

3080.png

Really nice setup bud. I am almost there with the tripple screen, negotiating with the boss to get more real estate to enable the 3x PG279QE to be added to my setup, 2 is not enough clearly...

Associate
Anyone tempted by the 3090's OcUK has in stock? The Zotac Trinity and iChill X3 are available.

Personally, it's a no from me - not at that price!

Been up for a good 20-30mins, after AMD no body wants them, be a good £500 cheaper even in AIB partners

Associate
I don't think they understand just how much this chaos has affected their brand. At this point the email with my queue position today will decide whether they get my money or not, and they'd better believe it'll be the last they ever get from me should I decide to hang on.

Associate
Rummor has it that if three people ask for an Eagle update on consecutive posts , @Gibbo will appear, read the messages and then go and browse the car forum .

Give Gibbo a chance. He hasn't worked out which of the cards he is getting are being released to the queues and how many are being diverted to higher margin sales. Ferraris don't pay for themselves you know.

Associate
really do hope they start getting more tuf oc's in my chances of getting it before december are looking very slim im 195 in the queue would need oc to get 40+ a week !
just keeping my eye out for the same card elsewhere now

Associate
Why by 3080 for £900 when you can buy AMD RTX 6900 XT in december? Which will cost the same. Has 16GB RAM and better performance

So the £900 3080, with be AIB, you can get it for far cheaper than that. Also we don't know the UK price of the 6900XT yet i Reckon around £900-£1000.

Also if you think these cards we be easy to get you have another thing coming. If they are cheaper and stronger do you not think a huge portion of people will be jumping to swap and change?

Can already see today 3090's are in stock, because all those people are most likely waiting to jump on this card.

For me personally, the 6900XT would be more expensive than the price tag on it, as my Monitor is Gsync only meaning I would actually need to buy a monitor with it which could cost me another £500-1000 for a decent one.

Also third party reviews are not out, don't listen to all the hype from a presntation I am sure it is a great card, but i'd rather see third party reviews before making a choice, we also know RT performane is on the weaker side as well as slower ram.

It also appears some of the performance increase only comes when its with their 5000 series processors and 500 series motherboards, not looking for a full upgrade. But these are all things to consider as a buyer.

That said the more Vram is nice, but also maybe overkill. no way of truely knowing till next gen is out for a bit. Still it is nice to have the breathing room I will give you that.

TLDR - wait for proper reviews as they could paint a different picture

Associate
Sounds like the msi trio due to arrive this week are circling around the UK in a dpd van or sitting in some warehouse, don't think we'll be receiving shipping emails today.

Back
Top Bottom