• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Nvidia has yet to figure out how to make more chips than a few thousand a week for the whole world.....

What truth is there in that? I'd be very surprised if Nvidea in all seriousness launched what they knew would be a much sought after product in the full knowledge they couldn't figure out how to make a few thousand chips a week for the entire global market.

Associate
What truth is there in that? I'd be very surprised if Nvidea in all seriousness launched what they knew would be a much sought after product in the full knowledge they couldn't figure out how to make a few thousand chips a week for the entire global market.
havn't you heard. its a demand problem. the supply is perfectly fine hahahaha

Low enough that it makes me consider swapping but at the same time I figure they probably get a much lower quantity of these than most other models and I'm "only" 46th in the Vision.
Im 500+ in the eagle queue and they originally said i couldn't swap and keep my place. think they must have been smoking something if they thought i wanted to stay 500+ on a card with <200 place queue lmao. So i asked whether i could swap and keep the watchdogs promo. Havn't had a reply yet but i'm considering it. I just don't know that its worth the extra for a pc that sits under my desk lmao

Last edited:
Associate
havn't you heard. its a demand problem. the supply is perfectly fine hahahaha

Im 500+ in the eagle queue and they originally said i couldn't swap and keep my place. think they must have been smoking something. So i asked whether i could swap and keep the watchdogs promo. Havn't had a reply yet but i'm considering it. I just don't know that its worth the extra for a pc that sits under my desk lmao
Edit:Misread your post completely, thought you were complaining about not being able to swap. Must have completely missed the first sentence

Last edited:
Associate
Nvidia has yet to figure out how to make more chips than a few thousand a week for the whole world. If we're very lucky there's a few cards on some container ships, but since no shop anywhere in the world has any - I doubt next week will bring changes.
I would like to think the gpu/parts that will land in my card are already made / the card is making its way to me somehow.

Associate
Thats my reasoning and just one reason a lot of us are bitter about how things have been handled. A fair few of us didn't even consider the eagle before seeing the date and thinking it meant we would get it quickly
I went for the Trio for the same reason (ETA 18th Sept). It was more than I was intending to spend, but figured I would only have to wait 2/3 days for delivery.
Now I'm stuck in a long queue. I didn't switch to a different brand like others did or order at a later date, with brands with a much smaller queue.
It's not just OCUK's fault, although they are responsible for the order process and communication. The whole thing from Nvidia, AIB's, retail....It's just one big **** up. Embarrassing really.

Associate
still 1569 in tuf non oc, way i look at it at least iam in a queue and money cant be spent by the better half... So if big navi is as good/better I can then decide to swap or carry on waiting end of the card is coming, would hate to be someone ordering now.

Associate
still 1569 in tuf non oc, way i look at it at least iam in a queue and money cant be spent by the better half... So if big navi is as good/better I can then decide to swap or carry on waiting end of the card is coming, would hate to be someone ordering now.
Yes, be surprised if AMD suffer the same stock issues as NVIDIA. Got to see.... hearing all the rumours about the 20GB variant of the 3080 in December... think it would be wrong to even contemplate releasing yet another SKU until they’ve resolved all the current back orders, and the inevitable back log that the 3070 will bring!!

Associate
The Master is allegedly shipping this week and the Xtreme next (possibly week after.....), and im gonna lay money on it that OC dont get more than 10 in at a time, you have more chance getting a 20gb 3080 or the Big Navi2 before a Aorus card, im 25th in line for the xtreme and suspect Ill be canceling to order BigNavi before my Aorus card ships.. I placed my Order on launch day soon as the website allowed it so one of the first... A month later not a single xtreme card been shipped.

im 156 in line for the master card im hoping I get it soon as my pc has just broke down yesterday and I ordered a new pc with the card, I just don't want to be out of the game loop for months

Associate
Next week is going to bring very little as it was Golden Week last week, so there will be even less trickle down than usual. For the vast majority of us, it's going to be the end of this month before we start getting any kind of meaningful progress, and that's still me being hopeful

Associate
hearing all the rumours about the 20GB variant of the 3080 in December... think it would be wrong to even contemplate releasing yet another SKU until they’ve resolved all the current back orders, and the inevitable back log that the 3070 will bring!!
Yeah, that just seems crazy right! Maybe they are purposefully trying to reduce the current 10gb demand....They seem to blame the problem on us customers anyway lol.
Doesn't really make sense to bring out a 20gb version for a good 6 months.

Associate
Thats my reasoning and just one reason a lot of us are bitter about how things have been handled. A fair few of us didn't even consider the eagle before seeing the date and thinking it meant we would get it quickly
Exactly this - it was probably what made the decision final for me.

Turns out....a decision based on some very poor, misleading information on a website that couldn't cope. I hadn't realised I should have taken that estimate with a shipping container full of salt until I joined the forum to find out what the hell was happening.

Associate
Associate
I'm position 60 for the INNO3D Twin X2 - a card that doesn't appear to exist whatsoever in the wild... AND i'm one of those clowns who sold his 2080ti the week of 17th September. Currently running of motherboard graphics. Serves me right :)

If X2 arrives before Cyberpunk all will be forgiven. I'll prey to Keanu.

Associate
I ordered mine, a ASUS Tuf OC simply based on past card history, I have a ASUS motherboard and Graphics, neither have been a problem, in fact far from it.

Back
Top Bottom