• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Supposed to be bunch of small shipments of "most 3080s" at the end of the week reported last week. Curious to see if they have actually shown up.

Associate
You all need to calm down a bit I reckon. Surely this is all nvidia's fault for failing to produce enough stock, and not OC?

Welcome, I see you're new here.

No, it's a mixture of both. Nvidia are underproducing chips, yes, but OCUK also massively oversold both literally and in their marketing. They claimed to be in the "best possible position" to acquire stock, but have been barely getting scraps next to the competition, and later even admitted in an email that they are smaller than at least two other UK-based PC sales competitors.

Associate
Hello all, I'm late to the party. Going to pre-order a rtx 3080. Any advice on which card to get and which (if any) will I receive the quickest? Thank you.
You can try to use the spreadsheet to get a rough view of how long all the queues are, but as a summary, long, and neither the long or short ones are moving. If you are happy to sit in a queue I'd suggest calling OC and asking the sales team which queue is shorter/if they know of any decent deliveries coming in rather than guessing, since the answer right now is "who knows".

If you want one sooner elsewhere is probably a better bet. Some people seem to have good luck with various discord groups/stock notification services. Since this is OC's site we aren't allowed to be any more specific than that so you'll have to look elsewhere to find them though.

Honestly if I was you I'd wait a month since hopefully we'll at least start to know if any of the queues are moving regularly by then/places with less preorders might actually have some stock.

Associate
Supposed to be bunch of small shipments of "most 3080s" at the end of the week reported last week. Curious to see if they have actually shown up.

My speculation for most of this week is that this wasn't ever the case and Gibbo just said it to try and avoid questions.

Only speculation of course but I just cannot see literally any situation where he will know he's getting most stock but simultaneously not be able to say which cards are coming. It makes no sense. If he knows he's getting most cards then by default, he knows which he is or isn't getting - otherwise how would he know it's most?

Associate
Welcome, I see you're new here.

No, it's a mixture of both. Nvidia are underproducing chips, yes, but OCUK also massively oversold both literally and in their marketing. They claimed to be in the "best possible position" to acquire stock, but have been barely getting scraps next to the competition, and later even admitted in an email that they are smaller than at least two other UK-based PC sales competitors.

Oh deary. .

Associate
Another site had a handful (6) eagles go up last night at around 11:30pm. Gone before I could even click the buy button.
Back to waiting for the non-existent OC ones I guess.

Associate
Welp, I'm back. Had a trinity 3080 in my hands and then in my rig, then had a mate bribe the crap out of me for it.

Into the strix oc Queue I go! What's the highest number anyone's got on it?

Associate
If only playing @1440p is it worth holding out for a 3080? Or what about AMD's latest offerings?
I play at 1440p, im getting into vr so went with the 3080, if not it would have been the 3070,
Amd 6900x releases on the 18th, but I expect day one sell outs and more queues if your not quick enough

Associate
My 3080 Eagle i bought from a German company yesterday afternoon, has arrived at my MailboxDE.com address, they have already forwarded it on to me for delivery Tuesday, All for £790, bargain!

Soldato
My 3080 Eagle i bought from a German company yesterday afternoon, has arrived at my MailboxDE.com address, they have already forwarded it on to me for delivery Tuesday, All for £790, bargain!

I wouldn't call £140 more than it should cost a bargain.

Although infinitely a better deal than the money we've payed for imaginary cards.

Back
Top Bottom