• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Yeah at those kind of prices they can stay on the shelf as far as I'm concerned.
Most 3080 Ti's should cost less or no more than the official MSRP of a 3090, if they don't then sorry it's a complete rip off.

It's just real unfortunate that they will still sell out due to nutters with more cash than common sense, these people are really not helping matters chasing the price higher and higher. :(

Soldato
Yeah at those kind of prices they can stay on the shelf as far as I'm concerned.
Most 3080 Ti's should cost less or no more than the official MSRP of a 3090, if they don't then sorry it's a complete rip off.

It's just real unfortunate that they will still sell out due to nutters with more cash than common sense, these people are really not helping matters chasing the price higher and higher. :(
That's what 'Ti' stands for ... 'Totaly Incomprehensible' :p

Caporegime

You're gonna have to jump on the stock alert for the fe version if you want one at anything remotely "reasonable". It's incredible how a card not yet launched is somehow already being gouged due to alleged low stock levels.

Considering the amount of supposed release dates this card has missed you would think that would be time to build up a decent supply for launch. But it seems regardless of stock levels etailers are just gonna ratchet the price for all its worth at this point.

Caporegime
As soon as people bought the 2080ti’s at £1,500 it showed the manufacturers there really was no upper limit and people will buy regardless. The current market also shows that people will still buy at £2,000 so the manufacturers have decided they want their cut of the prices currently being paid. The days of mid range cards being £300-£400 are over. The days of the top card being under £1,000 are also over. And we only have ourselves to blame.

Caporegime
Just got an email back regarding fe cards.

Thank you for your enquiry,

Restrictions are in place for cards for the foreseeable future. You won't be able to buy another FE.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. You can get in touch via live chat, phone or by simply replying to this e-mail.

Caporegime
As soon as people bought the 2080ti’s at £1,500 it showed the manufacturers there really was no upper limit and people will buy regardless. The current market also shows that people will still buy at £2,000 so the manufacturers have decided they want their cut of the prices currently being paid. The days of mid range cards being £300-£400 are over. The days of the top card being under £1,000 are also over. And we only have ourselves to blame.

Not even that, the titans kicked off this trend which was arguably nvidia experimenting to see how much they could ratchet the price up.

Associate
It's a pity people will buy these and ultimately give the thumbs up that it's OK to charge this much while complaining about the price. Seems completely illogical if correct. More than a rtx3090 for less performance and worse for mining on. Who is this targeted for? Shafting gamers further who have already been shafted for last 6 months. Go nvidia!
Are there benchmarks out there or is that just an assumption based on the spec of the card?

I have no idea what to do myself. I desperately need an upgrade but it's so hard to figure out what to do.

Soldato
I want a new card but I don’t really need one. It makes me feel sick looking at the prices and I won’t be one of those that complains but buys anyway.

You're gonna have to jump on the stock alert for the fe version if you want one at anything remotely "reasonable". It's incredible how a card not yet launched is somehow already being gouged due to alleged low stock levels.

Considering the amount of supposed release dates this card has missed you would think that would be time to build up a decent supply for launch. But it seems regardless of stock levels etailers are just gonna ratchet the price for all its worth at this point.

Nah screw it, I'm no nutter lol, I'm just going to sit back, grab a beer and watch the carnage unfold this time. :D

Soldato
manufacturers have decided they want their cut of the prices currently being paid.
If they are no longer able to sell at normal prices to 'normal' customers then we are likely to see the end of this sector or a great downturn. We'll end up on console type designs in future because that set schedule can deliver reliable price points (eventually) through less variance.
There isnt going to be a continual boom, prices here will set a high tide mark and low tide just like oil was $130 a barrel then it was $30 and that can be terribly destructive for various industries but its a mistake to think inflation will be linear or consistent. That is hubris, what is the real efficiency of a card selling at such high prices we all know its nonsense it doesn't last for quite simple reason something better appears. Its upto manufactures, the whole R&D cycle through the supply chain down to us to realise that technology requires the masses to justify its cost and development not the elite or extreme usage and demand that falls off like the froth on a pan boiling over. All of this is destructive quite easily, hopeful people dealing in billions get that or we end up with a flat line in tech advances probably.

£200 price point or similar is really max of mainstream, pretty sure if they fail to serve that section it hurts them for years forward.

This mentions some the consequences of screwed up order lines etc

Caporegime
If they are no longer able to sell at normal prices to 'normal' customers then we are likely to see the end of this sector or a great downturn. We'll end up on console type designs in future because that set schedule can deliver reliable price points (eventually) through less variance.
There isnt going to be a continual boom, prices here will set a high tide mark and low tide just like oil was $130 a barrel then it was $30 and that can be terribly destructive for various industries but its a mistake to think inflation will be linear or consistent. That is hubris, what is the real efficiency of a card selling at such high prices we all know its nonsense it doesn't last for quite simple reason something better appears. Its upto manufactures, the whole R&D cycle through the supply chain down to us to realise that technology requires the masses to justify its cost and development not the elite or extreme usage and demand that falls off like the froth on a pan boiling over. All of this is destructive quite easily, hopeful people dealing in billions get that or we end up with a flat line in tech advances probably.

£200 price point or similar is really max of mainstream, pretty sure if they fail to serve that section it hurts them for years forward.

This mentions some the consequences of screwed up order lines etc
What you describe relies on buyers making a stand and refusing to pay such high prices leaving manufacturers and retails with dozens if not hundreds of unsold stock that cost the retailers a huge amount to buy from the manufacturers then kicking up a stink as they have all their money tied up in something that's not selling. Sadly I can't see that happening this time either and these cards, even if they are £2,000 for the 80ti model, never mind if they do a 90ti model still selling out.

Soldato
Your post makes little sense to me... are you saying the 3060Ti and 3080 are the rarest because Nvidia are not releasing many, or are you saying Nvidia release more of these models than any other (being the more profitable SKUs) but they are rare because demand is high (i.e. the products sold in highest volume are the rarest :confused: ).
I'm confused as to why you're confused, as I thought my post was quite clear. I'm talking about availability of stock in the first place, not sales. From following stock alerts over the past few months, ones for the 3080 are fairly rare and ones for the 3060 Ti are almost non-existent (maybe a couple per week). That's compared to the 3060, 3070 and 3090, which show up multiple times almost every day. The two rarest cards also happen to be the ones that feature dies which could instead be used for more expensive models (the 3070 and 3090). I don't think that's a coincidence.

Associate
Silly prices and it will kill PC gaming. Who’s going to spend 750+ on a graphics card + the rest for a midrange (let alone high end) PC system when you can get a Xbox or PS5 for much less and it’s a complete system. I’m sticking with my 1080 for the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom