• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
We are comparing an unnecessary luxury graphics card to a person profiteering off hand sanitiser during a pandemic. Hahaha honestly this kind of patter is hilarious.

I personally think people should sell their house for the exact money they paid for it. Them scumbags who sell their house 25 years after they bought it for 7x the price are vile. Why dont they let a genuine person buy it from them for the price they paid.

People behaving like victims in a graphics card market is embarrassing. Get a grip.
Like I said, the product could be anything, in any industry, bottom line is, ripping people off is not cool.

Ok so sticking with your housing analogy. If you saw a load of homeless people out of the window of your house queuing up to buy some very affordable houses that have just been built you wouldn't run out there, jump the queue and buy a house just so you could triple the price and sell it to one of them would you? And then be like "first come first serve losers, stop crying about it".

Most normal people would look out the window and think "fair play to those guys, I'm in my nice house already and soon they will be too", not "mmmm, I best rush out there and see if I can rip some people off to make a few bucks".

You can pick any analogy you want but the fact remains that if you already have a product for personal use that's low in stock and has high demand and you rush out and buy more of it simply to sell on at triple the price to those in need then you are not being cool, at all.

Last edited:
Associate
Honestly if i had a 1080 ti or higher i would not bother right now. I know there are others upgrading left right and center and at least one user on these forums whom has stated they have a 3080 and 3090,. All just doesn't seem worth the hassle to me. I know i upgraded from a 5600XT Sapphire Pulse but only because i got extremely lucky and had opportunity through a supplier of IT we use at work
I have a 1080ti and a 3440x1440 21:9 100Hz monitor and the 1080ti is struggling to drive that monitor now, it will play game like Battlefield V all Ultra and be almost always pinned at 100Hz (Gsync) but that game came out in 2018. It really struggles with any newer titles like RDR2 (30fps) and of course BF6 is coming soon as well. I also used to play SQUAD a lot but after a few game updates I've gone from 80fps down to a choppy 40fps which is pretty much unplayable so I've had to stop playing that completely. So in my experience (at least for my resolution) the 1080ti really doesn't cut it any more.

Caporegime
I have a 1080ti and a 3440x1440 21:9 100Hz monitor and the 1080ti is struggling to drive that monitor now, it will play game like Battlefield V all Ultra and be almost always pinned at 100Hz (Gsync) but that game came out in 2018. It really struggles with any newer titles like RDR2 (30fps) and of course BF6 is coming soon as well. I also used to play SQUAD a lot but after a few game updates I've gone from 80fps down to a choppy 40fps which is pretty much unplayable so I've had to stop playing that completely. So in my experience (at least for my resolution) the 1080ti really doesn't cut it any more.

I think you just need to be a little more canny with your detail settings tbh, just find out on a game-by-game basis which setting tanks fps for a tiny visual game and knock it down (like RDR2 for instance, can gain 30%+ fps by doing this and barely tell). Always a guide or two on Youtube for popular games, then you might find the 1080Ti will last you another year or so (when hopefully things will be returning to normal ish).

They still a good solid card, but I agree the 3440 res will be pushing it a fair bit now!

Associate
I think you just need to be a little more canny with your detail settings tbh, just find out on a game-by-game basis which setting tanks fps for a tiny visual game and knock it down (like RDR2 for instance, can gain 30%+ fps by doing this and barely tell). Always a guide or two on Youtube for popular games, then you might find the 1080Ti will last you another year or so (when hopefully things will be returning to normal ish).

They still a good solid card, but I agree the 3440 res will be pushing it a fair bit now!
I've tried, my cpu is letting me down as well in high player count games but the new GPU is the missing piece to my next build that will allow me to carry on gaming to a decent standard.

Caporegime
30xx GPU will not totally fix my current PC but it will allow me to build my next gen PC.

Zen3 along with playing games at Medium on the 1080Ti should sort you out I think, and let's face it Medium now is damn damn good! Then just leave the eye candy for when you can upgrade the card :)

Easy for me to say I know, but I've been in your shoes before and did exactly that.

Associate
Zen3 along with playing games at Medium on the 1080Ti should sort you out I think, and let's face it Medium now is damn damn good! Then just leave the eye candy for when you can upgrade the card :)

Easy for me to say I know, but I've been in your shoes before and did exactly that.
That's kind of what I've been doing, waiting and waiting to upgrade the card, I skipped the 20xx GPUs etc but at what point can I actually get a card in this climate?

Rab

Rab

Associate
what ever keeps them off miners and scalpers hands is a good thing.
deffo, it a joke though that all company's trying to stop them, HAVE became as bad as them over the last few months, needs sorted quick,
No cards, big company, Why make game's for pc?. no one to buy them. 95% of pc gamers just cant afford 1k+ cards. older cards are going for what ppl paid 2+ 5+ years ago lol.

Associate
deffo, it a joke though that all company's trying to stop them, HAVE became as bad as them over the last few months, needs sorted quick,
No cards, big company, Why make game's for pc?. no one to buy them. 95% of pc gamers just cant afford 1k+ cards. older cards are going for what ppl paid 2+ 5+ years ago lol.
This.

Associate
Fantastic another wall put up in front of people getting GPU's
I can see the logic though, it's one of the only places that bots won't be able to get at them. Yes it excludes a lot of us but I'd rather forum members got them than bots. Although I can imagine there will be a lot of forum members selling them on eBay for 3x the price.

Soldato
When they did the public form vouchers for the 6700XT (iirc) a ton were insta listed on FB Market/eBay and OcUK were pretty good at cancelling orders. I can't remember if people were banned on the forum but iirc the staff have said if people are found to be doing that when the private/members only vouchers are hopefully done then the MM access will get revoked indefinitely.

Associate
When they did the public form vouchers for the 6700XT (iirc) a ton were insta listed on FB Market/eBay and OcUK were pretty good at cancelling orders. I can't remember if people were banned on the forum but iirc the staff have said if people are found to be doing that when the private/members only vouchers are hopefully done then the MM access will get revoked indefinitely.
It sounds like they have come up with a pretty good idea tbh. I don't do Facebook or Insta and I dont have MM access so I'm pretty much out of the OC game but I'm keeping my eyes peeled elsewhere so maybe I'll get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom