• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

:(

Any hint who that was??
Yeah who the heck are these retailers?? I check several every day and have seen squat stock anywhere. Ever. Sucks balls we can't name competitors on here especially when OC are so crap they are not actually competing with anyone!! (Standing by for ban!!)

Yeah who the heck are these retailers?? I check several every day and have seen squat stock anywhere. Ever. Sucks balls we can't name competitors on here especially when OC are so crap they are not actually competing with anyone!! (Standing by for ban!!)
I know - I did see some Palits but have seen nothing else anywhere, only OCUK seem to be taking pre orders at the moment too but there seems little point in that now considering how many people have pre ordered...

Out of interest does anybody know what the performance comparison is between two 2080tis and one 3090. Given 2080tis are going cheap, wonder how they compare. Although SLI can be a pain.

When SLi is supported well the 2080tis outperform a 3090 by up to 30% - witcher 3, strange brigade etc

When SLI is supported but doesnt scale well in the game then they are about on par

For every other game where SLI isnt support the 3090 trashes all over them

Thats where I sit now. I am looking at replacing mine with a single 3090 for consistency but some games like witcher 3 where SLI works perfectly, I know I will be looking at a drop in framerates. I currently get over 150fps in witcher 3 at 4k and will only be looking at 120fps with the 3090.

Good site to check framerates here

https://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?gid=4072&graphics=GeForce RTX 2080 Ti SLI

Even in RDR2 the 2080ti SLI is 10fps+ faster than a 3090.

In Control both a single 3090 and two 2080tis in SLI have pretty much identical framerates around 65/66 fps

Just a shame that SLI support is so hit and miss.

Out of interest does anybody know what the performance comparison is between two 2080tis and one 3090. Given 2080tis are going cheap, wonder how they compare. Although SLI can be a pain.

SLI is completely useless these days, hardly anything supports it and support is getting worse. Don't bother. Always go powerful single card over two (annoying still powerful) lesser cards.

What I took from my first order from overclockers, was that they are a very greedy company.
Still taking pre orders for cards that can't supply stock for in the foreseeable future, at least others put a hold on the queues until the previous orders can be fulfilled which I think was the right thing to do.

With the amount of stock actually coming in, why keep adding to the queue?

Secondly,
personally I got sick of the lack of info from them, I never had a queue position, I had to ask.
I was first in line for a palit card which was great, but 2 weeks past with no info when I saw 3 other retailers get stock in and sell out of that card.
I eventually got sick of seeing it so I bought elsewhere and got a card in 3 days and cancelled my order with overclockers.

It was my first, and last purchase with ocuk.

What I took from my first order from overclockers, was that they are a very greedy company.
Still taking pre orders for cards that can't supply stock for in the foreseeable future, at least others put a hold on the queues until the previous orders can be fulfilled which I think was the right thing to do.

With the amount of stock actually coming in, why keep adding to the queue?

Secondly,
personally I got sick of the lack of info from them, I never had a queue position, I had to ask.
I was first in line for a palit card which was great, but 2 weeks past with no info when I saw 3 other retailers get stock in and sell out of that card.
I eventually got sick of seeing it so I bought elsewhere and got a card in 3 days and cancelled my order with overclockers.

It was my first, and last purchase with ocuk.

If you think 3-4 weeks is a long time on a relatively cheap product, try waiting 10+ months on a new build house with little info.

Ordered the Ventus a couple of weeks ago and I have been second in position since. I'll probably cancel my order by the end of today if there is no news on shipments for this model.

You guys have far more patience than me, especially those waiting for the Strix! It's just not worth paying for something that I don't have. It would be much easier to try and forget about the whole launch.:)

When SLi is supported well the 2080tis outperform a 3090 by up to 30% - witcher 3, strange brigade etc

When SLI is supported but doesnt scale well in the game then they are about on par

For every other game where SLI isnt support the 3090 trashes all over them

Thats where I sit now. I am looking at replacing mine with a single 3090 for consistency but some games like witcher 3 where SLI works perfectly, I know I will be looking at a drop in framerates. I currently get over 150fps in witcher 3 at 4k and will only be looking at 120fps with the 3090.

Good site to check framerates here

https://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?gid=4072&graphics=GeForce RTX 2080 Ti SLI

Even in RDR2 the 2080ti SLI is 10fps+ faster than a 3090.

In Control both a single 3090 and two 2080tis in SLI have pretty much identical framerates around 65/66 fps

Just a shame that SLI support is so hit and miss.

I think SLI will officially be dead moving forward. Could anyone seriously belive that two 3090s could in future be successfully SLI'd or Nvlink etc. I looked into it, even received the Nvlink but couldn't justify the fact that it's only supported by a minority of games.

I'm guessing you knew your house wouldn't be built in 3-4 weeks though. :D

True! :) but when there's probably 500k people waiting to get one in limited supply you can't expect a retailer to magically pull one out of their arse and providing personalised updates everyday with nothing to report. I wouldn't base my shopping experience with a vendor based off this product. I've had no problems with Overclockers and been using them for close to 20 years. Customer support has always been excellent.

So was there any info at all regarding the OC 3090 Strix that came in? Or did it not come in?

Nope, apart from it was 'arriving tomorrow' - stated on the 14th. Haven't heard whether they went in to pre-builds as suspected, or 'Shipped to fulfil pre-orders', highly doubt as nobody above me in queue has said to have received their cards or any dispatch notice.

Back
Top Bottom