• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 STOCK SITUATION & OcUK YOUTUBE REVIEWS - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Tried at 2pm on the dot and thereafter, never a "buy now" option. SO MUCH FOR THEIR plenty of stock comments...I feel somewhere they are just laughing at us. THIS is the prelude to greater things for them...

Last edited:
Hey @Gibbo appreciate you doing what you can!

Going by other comments looks like its in the backorder pile. I would be keen to pay the difference to get the OC model at £1879 if possible?

Have sent a customer service web note already if its possible for you to step in to ensure it can be done?

I tried to see how I could pm you my order number but cant figure out how to lol

Cheers, Garry

Hey @Gibbo appreciate you doing what you can!

Going by other comments looks like its in the backorder pile. I would be keen to pay the difference to get the OC model at £1879 if possible?

Have sent a customer service web note already if its possible for you to step in to ensure it can be done?

I tried to see how I could pm you my order number but cant figure out how to lol

Cheers, Garry

Sent you a PM

Where was thousands ever stated?

Thread earlier today made it clear what we had and some lines have over sold by a small amount to which hopefully most will be sorted in coming days and weeks.

Today around 700+ 4090’s have shipped out. :)

Tomorrow we should ship close to another 100 if all goes to plan.

It’s not perfect but it’s ah improvement over the 3080 launch.
1000+ you said now it's Just 700 odd, website was pure junk today obviously traffic numbers, card in basket and get the dreaded hamster wheel on checkout then crashes, card sold out by time I get back on :mad:

My strategy of aiming for the least-sexy model (when I inevitably fail to get a FE) seems to have paid off for two generations running.
i did the opposite of that and now my bank account is in pain and i don't know when ill even get the card.

edit. now that reviews are out I definitely would have gone for something like the MSI surprim instead of the strix. maybe I could swap it but idk if i would get money back for the difference in price between models.

Last edited:
Last time around it was Palit, reliable vendors of just-about-good-enough. This time around, Palit went for some mad version that claimed it needed a 1200W PSU, so I went Inno3D. No idea who they are, reviews suggest it's quiet but basically doesn't overclock (fine with me) and I imagine it's put together in some hellish sweatshop.

This was really disappointing, the website basically screwed me out of getting one.

Had one in my cart the second it went live, was on the payment screen at 30 seconds past 2pm, just had all my details copied in on the Visa box, hit next and had a loading wheel and Gateway error after that continuously and next thing i know nothing is available. Couldnt even put a pre-order in..

I want to know how everyone else managed to get there order in, completely gutted about this. Really feel cheated out of getting one.

Last edited:
You have to wonder if Nvidia is keeping stock levels artificially low as they are sitting on a ton of 30 series stock they want to sell first.

I'm willing to bet if RDNA3 GPU's are close or equal to Lovelace in performance come November then Nvidia will start pumping out more 40 series stock all of a sudden.

Gonna be an interesting couple of months

Hi there

All customers who PM'd me all have replies this morning, out of five orders I could only change over one. If the other four people contact CS they will change the order for you, but wait until after 11am please as I am going to speak to CS to see if they can train me how to do it for you, but if that fails and you don't hear from me by 11 then by all means drop a call in to do as per my message in your PM this morning. :)

Left our U.K. supplier today on next day service so yes should be with us tomorrow and those 60 should all ship tomorrow.
@Gibbo

Fingers crossed that my order is fulfilled today.
I had one in my basket at 14:00.
At 1439 1 finally had an order number on screen and nothing more.
There are 3 undefined orders sitting in my account.
I hope only one gets charged.
A very unsatisfactory customer experience only better then 2 years ago in that my basket didn't disappear as it did then.
I will not wait in a preorder queue if there is fulfilment today.

Last edited:
@Gibbo

Fingers crossed that my order is fulfilled today.
I had one in my basket at 14:00.
At 1439 1 finally had an order number on screen and nothing more.
There are 3 undefined orders sitting in my account.
I hope only one gets charged.
A very unsatisfactory customer experience only better then 2 years ago in that my basket didn't disappear as it did then.
I will not wait in a preorder queue if there is fulfilment today.
Same, my order occurred at 12.10.2022 14:54:02 for a Gigabyte Gaming OC, paid with Amazon Pay. Still showing as undefined on my order page.

Back
Top Bottom