• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 STOCK SITUATION & OcUK YOUTUBE REVIEWS - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Same, my order occurred at 12.10.2022 14:54:02 for a Gigabyte Gaming OC, paid with Amazon Pay. Still showing as undefined on my order page.

We have plenty of those, give customer service a call after 10 to sort that for you.

just to check when do you see the stock situation normalizing and people will just be able to purchase one?

December onwards maybe.

***deleted post***

One of these not a suitable alternative. Saying you need a high end card for work would suggest you're possibly using cad or 3d graphics software?

Last edited by a moderator:
RTX 8000 :O

I wonder how many of these actually sell.
Aye the top end ones are pricey to say the least but the equivalent 4000 series seem to be priced on a par with the current consumer cards. I think when I next upgrade even though it's long overdue I would probably go for a quadro card since I use a lot of 3d stuff for work and gaming is pretty much non existent now

Aye the top end ones are pricey to say the least but the equivalent 4000 series seem to be priced on a par with the current consumer cards. I think when I next upgrade even though it's long overdue I would probably go for a quadro card since I use a lot of 3d stuff for work and gaming is pretty much non existent now

Probably the reason he wants a 4090. No point getting one if you don't game as well.

I want to know how everyone else managed to get there order in, completely gutted about this. Really feel cheated out of getting one.
I must have been lucky. i went for the zotac trinity oc thinking everyone would go for the cheaper trinity or the trinity amp. got the card in my backet at 2.01pm then the site froze up while trying to pay. after half an hour i gave up. a couple of hours later after work i checked my basket and the card was still in it showing as in stock but on the listings page the card was showing as out of stock and coming soon so i paid for it and it arrives this morning. Quite bizarre feeling lucky to obtain something and paying nearly two grand for the privilege of it!

Last edited:
Hi @Gibbo , I ordered the pre built OcUK Gaming Germanium Z7 - Intel Core i7 13700KF, GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming PC, just before 14:00. Will my order ship shortly after the Intel 13700KF’s arrive late next week (once the system is tested)? Or am I going to be waiting a while. Thanks in advance
These are built to order. They'll be built once the 13th gen stock arrives. The GPU is reserved. I'd expect it'll be with you before the end of the month.

I must have been lucky. i went for the zotac trinity oc thinking everyone would go for the cheaper trinity or the trinity amp. got the card in my backet at 2.01pm then the site froze up while trying to pay. after half an hour i gave up. a couple of hours later after work i checked my basket and the card was still in it showing as in stock but on the listings page the card was showing as out of stock and coming soon so i paid for it and it arrives this morning. Quite bizarre feeling lucky to obtain something and paying nearly two grand for the privilege of it!
Similar experience, however closed down and reopend the web a number of times in th ehour after launch and finally got through the basket and payment pages. Unlike the 30xx series, where I was building my first PC (as a returning gamer), this is a luxury purchase so while keen to get one, I wasnt dying in a ditch over it.
The website being sticky was unfortunate at best. I do wonder if existing customers with a historical relationship with OCUK could indclude a Pre - Pre Ordering system that removes some of the angst and combats scalpers (I am thinking Apple pre order for iPhone which I used this year).

Thank you @Gibbo
Dedicated as always.
Wow, yesterday was a busy day...

I'd just like to get a few things off my chest at this point. Hopefully they'll help to put things into perspective a little.
Following the 9000+ back orders in 12 hours debacle which was the 3080 launch. Caused by the gateway between our internal systems and old website crashing, we have worked tirelessly on improvements. These things don't happen instantly, there's simply no off the shelf solution for what we do. The new website was launched and, despite our frustrations, it coped better than the previous one because we were still able to access the important parts (the back end of the site) to keep on top of what was happening and take the buy buttons down as sales started to come through.

This was the first real world high traffic test of the site since launch and a previously unseen issue caused the check out to basically lock up for the first half hour or so. Hopefully now that we are aware, it can be improved upon.
The lead developer for the site joined us in the UK from Germany yesterday and was invaluable when the issues started to occur. Gibbo and I had to do a lot of manual juggling to keep the oversales limited but without the new website, it simply wouldn't have been possible.

We have a new internal system due in the New Year which will allow us to better control the site so that buy buttons will automatically come down when available stock hits zero. We had hoped to have this in place last month but, despite our best efforts and many sleepless nights, we had to delay as it simply wasn't ready.
That said, there's simply no system available which can respond instantly to thousands of people all trying to buy hundreds of cards simultaneously, so some oversales are inevitable.
There was only slightly more than a thousand cards available in the UK and pretty much all other resellers sold out in the first fifteen minutes, by the time our issues were fixed we were pretty much the only source for stock, which, compounded the situation.

We'd love to be able to deal with the oversales immediately but, Nvidia had the brilliant idea of launching this card two days into a week long Chinese/Taiwanese national holiday. A bit like Chinese New year, our entire industry basically gets put on hold for ten days. Gibbo will do what he can but shipments from the vendors are unlikely to start again until late next week. We have a face to face meeting with Nvidia later today so I'll definitely have my opportunity to vent over this one.

Delays with confirmation emails were due to the emails coming from our internal system, not the site. The old internal system, as with the 3080 launch, was struggling with the volume of traffic. Hopefully you all got what you were expecting by now. If you are unsure whether or not we have your order you can drop us a webticket with name & postcode and one of the the customer service guys will check. https://help.overclockers.co.uk/hc/en-gb
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Don't pack this service out with ETA requests. We can't answer you yet because, as explained above, most vendor reps at HQ level are on holiday this week. If we have information, Gibbo has already shared it here, and please remember, we don't use bots, there are human beings on the end of this service, so please don't take out any frustrations on them.

Last edited:
Thank you @Gibbo
Dedicated as always.
Wow, yesterday was a busy day...

I'd just like to get a few things off my chest at this point. Hopefully they'll help to put things into perspective a little.
Following the 9000+ back orders in 12 hours debacle which was the 3080 launch. Caused by the gateway between our internal systems and old website crashing we have worked tirelessly on improvements. These things don't happen instantly, there's simply no off the shelf solution for what we do. The new website was launched and, despite our frustrations, it coped better than the previous one because we were still able to access the important parts (the back end of the site) to keep on top of what was happening and take the buy buttons down as sales started to come through.

This was the first real world high traffic test of the site since launch and a previously unseen issue caused the check out to basically lock up for the first half hour or so. Hopefully now that we are aware, it can be improved upon.
The lead developer for the site joined us in the UK from Germany yesterday and was invaluable when the issues started to occur. Gibbo and I had to do a lot of manual juggling to keep the oversales limited but without the new website, it simply wouldn't have been possible.

We have a new internal system due in the New Year which will allow us to better control the site so that buy buttons will automatically come down when available stock hits zero. We had hoped to have this in place last month but, despite our best efforts and many sleepless nights, we had to delay as it simply wasn't ready.
That said, there's simply no system available which can respond instantly to thousands of people all trying to buy hundreds of cards simultaneously, so some oversales are inevitable.
There was only slightly more than a thousand cards available in the UK and pretty much all other resellers sold out in the first fifteen minutes, by the time our issues were fixed we were pretty much the only source for stock, which, compounded the situation.

We'd love to be able to deal with the oversales immediately but, Nvidia had the brilliant idea of launching this card two days into a week long Chinese/Taiwanese national holiday. A bit like Chinese New year, our entire industry basically gets put on hold for ten days. Gibbo will do what he can but shipments from the vendors are unlikely to start again until late next week. We have a face to face meeting with Nvidia later today so I'll definitely have my opportunity to vent over this one.

Delays with confirmation emails were due to the emails coming from our internal system, not the site. The old internal system, as with the 3080 launch, was struggling with the volume of traffic. Hopefully you all got what you were expecting by now. If you are unsure whether or not we have your order you can drop us a webticket with name & postcode and one of the the customer service guys will check. https://help.overclockers.co.uk/hc/en-gb
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Don't pack this service out with ETA requests. We can't answer you because, as explained above, most vendor reps at HQ level are on holiday this week. If we have information, Gibbo has already shared it here.
Thanks for explanation, Scotti. I work in IT and I appreciate this and the challenges involved. If what Gibbo was saying about the oversales on the 30 series launch, then getting it down to number this time is a serious improvement! Well done!

It's surprising to me that the industry has not invented a way to test website ordering systems with simulated high-volume traffic yet.
I mean, there's clearly a need for something that simulates many thousands of users making web page requests, clicks, inputs and purchases through systems.
But if this was available, I guess the developers that OC uses would have been using such a system already. So it cannot exist.

This was really disappointing, the website basically screwed me out of getting one.

Had one in my cart the second it went live, was on the payment screen at 30 seconds past 2pm, just had all my details copied in on the Visa box, hit next and had a loading wheel and Gateway error after that continuously and next thing i know nothing is available. Couldnt even put a pre-order in..

I want to know how everyone else managed to get there order in, completely gutted about this. Really feel cheated out of getting one.
I decided I'd keep trying until the buy screen showed them all sold out or unavailable etc, since OCUK were by about 20 mins after launch the only retailers left who had any stock (although I was convinced it was just the website glitched and stuck showing stock that had already been accounted for long ago). Took me until just after 3pm to finally get through a multitude of errors and actually checkout.

The only thing that has annoyed me about this launch is Nvidia's review embargo on the 3rd party cards until 2pm yesterday - the same time that buy buttons went live.
You just know that they are trying to get all their cards out the door first - if people went to watch the reviews before trying to buy, everything would be sold out. It almost feels like they're trying to sabotage the sales of the 3rd party cards.
Though the OC site falling over was annoying, it actually managed to save me money. JayzTwoCents just after 2 released his review of the Strix 4090, the card I was going to buy. After watching that I couldn't justify the extra price for what is literally 1 or 2 fps more than most other cards. With the site not working properly it gave me a chance to watch the video, then change my mind and go for a cheaper card.
I finally got my order for a OC TUF at 15:05, I'll most likely end up having to wait for more stock but even then, it'll be better than the 3 month wait I had on the 30 series launch.

Had a nice chat with a friendly chap in CS about my order.

Apparently Amzon payment had failed, and there has been a lot of that. SO I don't have the option to wait for these cards to come it at that price. :(

They did offer me another card that was in stock, but this was +£300 over the price Nvida has for it and almost £400 over the card I thought I had bought.

So, pops to OCUK with following through on trying to help the oversales people. Not so good on payments & orders.

Lesson is don't use Amzon Pay!
And while £1700 is a lot for a 4090, £2200 is getting silly. I'll wait on an FE or see what AMD pull out of the hat. It will be an interesting few months.

Back
Top Bottom