• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 STOCK SITUATION & OcUK YOUTUBE REVIEWS - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

What's overclockers policy on scalpers buying Asus tuff 4090 from overclockers and selling on ****** for £3200 lol has even included his invoice.
I believe it's illegal, but for some reason the government allow this kind of thing to go on. people like that should be ashamed of themselves, it's pure greed like that, that is causing manufacturers to put the price up and retailers to charge whatever they want. it just ruins it for the rest of us, it's going to get to the point "if not already" where the average Joe won't be able to afford these cards and it will be something for only the most elite can afford. Bit like fast cars..

Last edited:
I believe it's illegal, but for some reason the government allow this kind of thing to go on. people like that should be ashamed of themselves, it's pure greed like that, that is causing manufacturers to put the price up and retailers to charge whatever they want. it just ruins it for the rest of us, it's going to get to the point "if not already" where the average Joe won't be able to afford these cards and it will be something for only the most elite can afford. Bit like fast cars..
Nope there's nothing illegal about buying a product and selling it on for a profit, it's not like anyone is being duped?

Nope there's nothing illegal about buying a product and selling it on for a profit, it's not like anyone is being duped?
I didn't think its was against the law. I said what is Overclockers policy if you are found to be scalping with card purchased from them. He clearly has more than one as he states he has one in his own personal rig. Just thought shops like Overclockers wanted to stop scalpers? Maybe they don't care as long as they're making bucket fulls of money???

I didn't think its was against the law. I said what is Overclockers policy if you are found to be scalping with card purchased from them. He clearly has more than one as he states he has one in his own personal rig. Just thought shops like Overclockers wanted to stop scalpers? Maybe they don't care as long as they're making bucket fulls of money???
Its not something they can stop to be fair ! Nothing stopping someone from buying a card for themselves and then the girlfriend buying one and then the persons mum buying one ! sadly this is away people make money and its not just on Graphics cards its happening with, this is also a problem with new releases of Phones , Watches , Trainers the list goes on and on and truth be told people like Allen Sugar are Rich because of the same practice ! He buys in bulk and sales on to make money , pretty sure OC purchased some 4090 at a great price also and then sold them on so its the same thing.

Indeed, otherwise every shop/retail outlet would be braking the law :cry:

Including manufactures the likes of Nvidia/AMD/Intel with there 60 odd % markup . ;)

Seriously some people do not think.

Last edited:
RTX 4080 12gb cancelled = now did they do this on purpose to lead people towards the 4090 making the 4080 look less appealing at the time of launch! Now it's only the 4080, 1 model again, back to normality, the games here :D

Last edited:
RTX 4080 12gb cancelled = now did they do this on purpose to lead people towards the 4090 making the 4080 look less appealing at the time of launch! Now it's only the 4080, 1 model again, back to normality, the games here :D
Very much doubt it was on purpose. I suspect they realised that with the 4090 launch done and dusted, the media focus was going to shift to the utter cheek of selling the 4080 12GB under the same brand as the 16GB, when in reality it was a less powerful card in pretty much every respect (not just VRAM). So they took 'frit and did a Truss.

Wow, Lots of new posters.
This is why forum members with over 1000 posts should get first dibs... Its not like OCUK isn't going to sell them all.
Hopefully these new posters aren't here for the future auction site price gauging and stick around the forums... I mean spending that sort of money on a GPU they must be enthusiasts right?

Wow, Lots of new posters.
This is why forum members with over 1000 posts should get first dibs... Its not like OCUK isn't going to sell them all.
Hopefully these new posters aren't here for the future auction site price gauging and stick around the forums... I mean spending that sort of money on a GPU they must be enthusiasts right?
Who are you calling new :D I might only have 32 posts to my name, but I've been part of this forum since 2018! But good eyes.

The rules hurt me when I 1st came here, so I stayed away, kind of restraining to be honest.
Ill stick around as long as I don't get dominated by moderators :')

I've brought my card in the full intentions of personal use, gaming ✓

Who are you calling new :D I might only have 32 posts to my name, but I've been part of this forum since 2018! But good eyes.

The rules hurt me when I 1st came here, so I stayed away, kind of restraining to be honest.
Ill stick around as long as I don't get dominated by moderators :')

I've brought my card in the full intentions of personal use, gaming ✓
well, to hell with forum posts. it should go off when you first bought something. i have a amd T-bird cpu, that came pre unlocked to hit 1.2ghz in a ocuk box! do i win a chance to overspend money then :P

Indeed, otherwise every shop/retail outlet would be braking the law :cry:

Including manufactures the likes of Nvidia/AMD/Intel with there 60 odd % markup . ;)

Seriously some people do not think. some people don't read either! I never said he was breaking any law. I simply asked what is overclockers policy on scalpers selling their good for profit.

Last edited:
well, to hell with forum posts. it should go off when you first bought something. i have a amd T-bird cpu, that came pre unlocked to hit 1.2ghz in a ocuk box! do i win a chance to overspend money then :p
Agree. If we go off purchase history that would make a lot of people cry and possibly make it worse for anyone who skips a generation or two or happens to be young and buying their own stuff for the first time! Maybe we could go off people who invested in team green all the way or look at nvidia forum account age? Although I admit I did go team red for the 9800xt!

Back
Top Bottom