• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Well hello there:-

IMAG0935_zpsw9g6z5uv.jpg

What are the temperatures like on those?

Looks very similar to the MSI with the 2 larger fans, someone said the Galax above are regarded the best clockers from another forum although it's usually just silicone lottery, none of the models run hot enough for the cooler to make that much of a difference, the power phases can make a small difference but the Gigabyte models don't seem to clock any higher on average than the MSI ones that have a lower power target.

Looks very similar to the MSI with the 2 larger fans, someone said the Galax above are regarded the best clockers from another forum although it's usually just silicone lottery, none of the models run hot enough for the cooler to make that much of a difference, the power phases can make a small difference but the Gigabyte models don't seem to clock any higher on average than the MSI ones that have a lower power target.

The 6+8pin power phase is plenty for these cards. I think overclocking ability is solely down to ASIC quality.

I thought that as well but a few people with high ASIC % cards haven't been able to overclock as well as some people with lower ASIC % cards. Purely silicone lottery so far on these I think until a company releases a lightning model or something with higher voltage and power that can show higher clocks, or we get custom BIOS.

I was under impression ASIC referred to the efficiency of the power circuits which would determine how much power you would have to feed a card. Where as overclock performance was based solely on the quality of the GPU silicon (how close it was to the center of the wafer).

Back
Top Bottom