• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Any idea why my default clock speed is 1114 and not 1140? on my msi gaming gtx 970?

mem says 1753 and boost 1253

Screenshots of the review ones say 1140 on gpuz, hmmm

I think the standard clock 1114mhz is "gaming mode". I think the OC Mode and Silent mode are operated through MSI util. I think.

Marketing speak.

eh up the website it back. If you click on GTX 970 page its blank!

Soldato
If it's boosting to 1253 I would not worry too much about the non boost clock tbh.

Edit - Yours looks right for gaming mode. Is there any utils with the card to select modes ? I would OC yourself though.

Just curious though, when i first benched it on heaven i got 55 fps at stock, im now getting 50 at stock, bit odd.

bru

bru

Soldato
Any idea why my default clock speed is 1114 and not 1140? on my msi gaming gtx 970?

mem says 1753 and boost 1253

Screenshots of the review ones say 1140 on gpuz, hmmm

s8hIvq.jpg

jZSCOZ.jpg

Have you installed the MSI gaming app by any chance ?

As I understand it this app has three preset clock modes.
Overclock mode
Gaming mode
econ mode

They relate to the clock speeds in the image, which you seem to be in the gaming mode.

Soldato
No not installed anything except afterburner, just seems odd how ive lost 5fps, tried the 11 and 16 drivers as well.

Have you installed the MSI gaming app by any chance ?

As I understand it this app has three preset clock modes.
Overclock mode
Gaming mode
econ mode

They relate to the clock speeds in the image, which you seem to be in the gaming mode.

bru

bru

Soldato
No not installed anything except afterburner, just seems odd how ive lost 5fps, tried the 11 and 16 drivers as well.

Try uninstalling afterburner to see if it makes any difference.

At least that way you will know why it is doing it, then you can reinstall and get clocking :p

Associate
Anyone here have black flag ?

im interested in how it performs at 1920x1080 all maxed ( HIGH in game settings ) out with 4x SMAA ?

my 770GTX currently averages about 38-45 FPS im wondering if its worth the jump in preparation for AC:Unity ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Pulled the trigger on a new build last night. I'll be going from a Core 2 Due 3ghz and a Radeon 4870 to an I7 4790k and a Gigabyte 970. Should be some difference :D

Associate
I am also excited to add these cards to my new build, they came at such a perfect time for me :D

Decided to build my first system ever [after buying my computers already made over the years] and wasn't exactly happy adding a 780 after knowing the new cards were around the corner. So glad I waited as I managed to get a card that out performs the 780 for much less of the price! WIN WIN WIN !

Will start building my dream machine and adding the 970 this Wednesday :D Cant wait :D

Back
Top Bottom