• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Permabanned
Well try running a proper full screen bench or gaming for half an hour. You need to click the sensors tab in GPU-Z and see what your card is actually boosting to. If your card can do 1700mhz+ game stable without even full voltage applied and auto fan you've got a golden sample chip.

Core clock right?

I'll run heaven 4.0 now

Caporegime
Well I installed my pair earlier and I'm really impressed! Ran Heaven for 30mins to test stability/temps and the top card gets to a max of 68c and the bottom one 62c :cool:

This is in a Fractal Define R4 too which is very well insulated, you can't imagine the awesome silence to boot!! :D

Very very happy, a seriously powerful and silent system :cool:

Permabanned
Well I installed my pair earlier and I'm really impressed! Ran Heaven for 30mins to test stability/temps and the top card gets to a max of 68c and the bottom one 62c :cool:

This is in a Fractal Define R4 too which is very well insulated, you can't imagine the awesome silence to boot!! :D

what volt. core and memory settings you set

OcUK Staff

Just set the fans to 100% mate! should still be super quiet but will be over 10c cooler, glad you like them. :)

OcUK Staff
Stock at the mo, will have a good play tomorrow :)

If I get a fairly decent overclock of 1475-1500 on the core I'll be happy. In fact, I'll have a little go now. Brb

Set fans to 100%, stock voltage and see what they can do. :)
Use 344.11 driver and afterburner 4.00 final version.

Associate
Gibbo any update or ETA on the Reference OCUK 970?

holding out as I am going to be doing SLI on an Air 240 and I understand reference blowers will suit the best.

Caporegime
Set fans to 100%, stock voltage and see what they can do. :)
Use 344.11 driver and afterburner 4.00 final version.

Yup, was already using that software ;)

Just did it and crashed out at 1560 core :D Think I'm asking a bit much with SLi and an insulated case like mine :D

I'll keep fiddling..... :)

Soldato
Gibbo any update or ETA on the Reference OCUK 970?

holding out as I am going to be doing SLI on an Air 240 and I understand reference blowers will suit the best.

I wouldn't be hung up on ref, these run VERY cool, my cards run at about 45c in battlefield 4. Make your own fan profile and they will fun even cooler - even at 60% fan they are still silent.

Caporegime
OP
Anyone got a good OC guide/tutorial (using MSI afterburner) for the 970?

What do you need to know?

It's pretty simple, if you're going for max OC, max the voltage, max the fan and go up in small increments +20mhz until firestrike crashes then back it down till it's stable. When it's stable you can try lowering the voltage by 5mv and see if it's stable at the same clock, sometimes you don't need all the extra voltage to keep it stable.

Just did it and crashed out at 1560 core :D Think I'm asking a bit much with SLi and an insulated case like mine :D

I'll keep fiddling..... :)

Was that with +87mv and was 1560 the proper boost clock? You need to check in the sensors tab in GPU-Z to see what it's really boosting to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom