• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Caporegime
The MSI mate purely down to the 3 years warranty over the 2 years. I have noticed the ram on the back of the card gets hot. So I bet that galax back plate will make a bit of a difference.

They really do seem like the best option at present, no wonder OcUK are shifting epic amounts!! :cool:

Associate
I wouldn't be hung up on ref, these run VERY cool, my cards run at about 45c in battlefield 4. Make your own fan profile and they will fun even cooler - even at 60% fan they are still silent.

Understood but the air 240 is an Matx case.

its best to have reference blowers for SLI so the air gets pushed out of the back of the case.. no reference tend to inject more hot air into the case space which in Matx is not too much

Soldato
Adding more voltage to my cards made little difference to the limit of the clock if I'm being honest. I think I got like +30 core with max volts over my max stock volts clock.

So saying that, the 6+8 phase will make little difference on clocking as the TDP is WELL under what 6+6 can dish out.

So those Inno3d aftermarket cooled ones will be good too and even better @ £259.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Adding more voltage to my cards made little difference to the limit of the clock if I'm being honest. I think I got like +30 core with max volts over my max stock volts clock.

It helped mine, could only do around 1500 on stock, can do 1600 with +87mv. Temps hardly changed and the fan at 100% doesn't bother me, it's the quietest cooler I've heard.

Permabanned
I've settled mine down without trying too hard. Ran Heaven 5 times to check :)

Not the best but an increase

n2jsyo.png

Soldato
What are all your ASIC

I have two cards and the one with the higher ASIC runs a good few degrees cooler than the other, I will take them out and test individually and see which is best.

Caporegime
Xraycat, I've settled on very similar clocks to you at the moment - 1460core and +200 on the mem but that's without touching the voltage. If I can get to 1500core for 24/7 with a little fiddling then I'll be more than happy :cool:

Back
Top Bottom