• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
Thank god nvidia failed with the 10gb 3080 or I might had been tempted. Now I'll just wait for big navi and 3080 super/ti with more vram.

Soldato
Wonder when the water blocks will be available, other than the founders card, think the looks of all the 3rd party ones just look horrible nowadays, proper 1998... anyhow... yeah I can't buy anything until water blocks arrive... :(

Associate
Extra warranty 2 years warranty and UK RMA centre which is meant to be good. Also I had an Zotac 1070 AMP Extreme in the past which was an awesome cooler.
Just so you know ASUS works with OCUK on graphics returns in house, so on warranty claims as long as theres no damage on the faulty card they should be able to swap over right away for a brand new unit, so the process should be really quick.

With this swap over in house it could equal a free upgrade in the future, if you'd like to swap for a same cost current model in 3 years time, not have a replacement model at purchase.

Soldato
Thanks Gibbo, it's worth throwing in information on dual or triple slot requirements for each card, which may save you having to deal with returns

Length of card too with these rumoured at 30cm+ its going to be a squeeze for many

Yep I think NVIDIA have shocked the market here both with performance beyond expectations and price way below where people were expecting, NVIDIA FTW !!!!

Green team fanboi eh?!

Soldato
Just so you know ASUS works with OCUK on graphics returns in house, so on warranty claims as long as theres no damage on the faulty card they should be able to swap over right away for a brand new unit, so the process should be really quick.

With this swap over in house it could equal a free upgrade in the future, if you'd like to swap for a same cost current model in 3 years time, not have a replacement model at purchase.

What happens if card is faulty after 30 days of release, if like Pascal and Turing were OCUK had to set up a queue for those who ordered first. Would user get to jump the Queue for direct replacement or RMA back to yourself/wait if no damage???

You'll have to hunt through Pascal/Turing launch threads but did happen to AIB cards across different resellers

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Unfortunately, Asus practically consider a light sprinkling of dust as damage to the card so they get a wide berth from me.
Yea, I used to love ASUS and perceived them as a premium brand before. Now they seem to just be about the marketing and overcharging. Shame really. A lot of people falsely believe higher price means better, that is obviously not always the case.

Soldato
Unfortunately, Asus practically consider a light sprinkling of dust as damage to the card so they get a wide berth from me.

Had a bad experience?

I don't really remember from previous launches, do aftermarket GPU reviews ever go up before the launch time? It would be nice to see some stats on those coolers.

Back
Top Bottom