• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
Tell me about it! I was going to get the Series X, but am sick of 30fps games, so time to build a PC. Current build is at around £2.3k.... Trying to keep somewhat of a lid on things.

I thought the new consoles were targeting 60fps or is it still not the case, I wouldn't either if that was the case.

Good luck with it, great satisfaction if your building it yourself, you can spend weeks researching sometimes, I know I have lol.

Soldato
Prices always go up due to either the GB to $ or supply and demand. Its everyones fault on here for pushing up the prices talking about it so much and wanting one and asking questions. If everyone had said they were waiting for AMD and waiting prices would have not gone up. (this is a joke) wouldnt be surprised if Nvidia stick another £50 on the FE at launch.

Bingo.

You've got people posting day after day, panicking because they've convinced themselves the entire stock itinerary will be sold out by 3 minutes past 2 on the 17th. Sharing internet rumours of the Ducky Shine CEO retiring after the next 2 weeks sales of replacement F5 keys.

If you're going to pull your pants down and expose your mesh style crotchless boxers, you can't complain when an elongated shaped shadow falls across your back.

Caporegime
That's my limit too if I was interested after tomorrow, supposedly it's expensive to make the reference cooler so why are prices rising already on AIBs.

Because after the launch they know demand is higher than the cards they have made.

I havent seen a cooler yet which should cost more than the cooler on the FE does yet all of them are more money, sometimes quite a lot more money.

Again people have forgotten/missed that NVIDA said their custom board and cooler is very expensive and AIB cards should start at $150 less than their FE cards. Fat chance of that happening.

Caporegime
That doesn't make sense either OCUK are lieing and they have 0 stock or someone's inflating prices, You have stock, you've already paid.

When Gibbo put the prices up he said that was the guide price AIBs had said that they expect to come in at. I suspect as orders have finally been agreed and prices fixed thats why that card's price had changed ti its final RRP selling price.

Associate
Because after the launch they know demand is higher than the cards they have made.

I havent seen a cooler yet which should cost more than the cooler on the FE does yet all of them are more money, sometimes quite a lot more money.

Again people have forgotten/missed that NVIDA said their custom board and cooler is very expensive and AIB cards should start at $150 less than their FE cards. Fat chance of that happening.

That's my point, there's no reason for AIBs especially with stock clocks to be anywhere near 700, shouldn't be any over 650, I'm pretty sure AIBs get discounts for big ordering of boards so it's just gouging.

Permabanned
Bingo.

You've got people posting day after day, panicking because they've convinced themselves the entire stock itinerary will be sold out by 3 minutes past 2 on the 17th. Sharing internet rumours of the Ducky Shine CEO retiring after the next 2 weeks sales of replacement F5 keys.

If you're going to pull your pants down and expose your mesh style crotchless boxers, you can't complain when an elongated shaped shadow falls across your back.

Lol i was saying to people that if you want a cheap good monitor get the VG259QM here at 268. Then after a few posts and a week OCUK upped the price. :D

Soldato
Igor’s Lab has shared multiple details regarding the upcoming RTX 3000 series. Bear in mind that, with rumours suggesting the cards are still about three months away, Nvidia still has enough time to change some specifications or design features of the upcoming graphics cards.

Starting with the cooler, Igor’s Lab sources claim that the “production price” of $150 includes the complete Founders Edition design (housing, fan, and heatsinks). Given the price of this cooling solution, it is expected the total cost of the Founders Edition of the RTX 3000 graphics cards will be increased.

150 quid just for the cooler to cool that beast, then nvidia lets the AIB partners take the flack for hot running cards with the 3 slot fans that AIB use. Sneaky :D

Associate
When Gibbo put the prices up he said that was the guide price AIBs had said that they expect to come in at. I suspect as orders have finally been agreed and prices fixed thats why that card's price had changed ti its final RRP selling price.

But they are not settling, different ones going up everyday so still doesn't make sense there's either no stock or prices are getting inflated.

High prices as some put it because of demand makes 0 sense and it's completely stupid and way off, it's up to marketing to gauge demand of a product, if there's not enough supply they continue production at full pace, there was already rumours that production was nowhere near full speed because of the yield reliability which always happens in a new chip or fab but again that's not the customers fault, If a company announces a product but can't supply then said product should not be announced too early.

I'm no expert far from it, in the long run you just p*** customers off.

I thought the new consoles were targeting 60fps or is it still not the case, I wouldn't either if that was the case.

Good luck with it, great satisfaction if your building it yourself, you can spend weeks researching sometimes, I know I have lol.
You’ll always get some devs targeting 30fps with better visuals, as it is easier to market. I’ve started getting headaches from 30fps stutter-fests, so it’s a no from me. Ah yes, i have spent far too long researching components and reading/watching reviews. Not good... haha. Thanks! I think i need a bit of luck, it seems quite involved, and i know i’ll miss the simplest of steps and fk everything up!

Caporegime
But they are not settling, different ones going up everyday so still doesn't make sense there's either no stock or prices are getting inflated.

High prices as some put it because of demand makes 0 sense and it's completely stupid and way off, it's up to marketing to gauge demand of a product, if there's not enough supply they continue production at full pace, there was already rumours that production was nowhere near full speed because of the yield reliability which always happens in a new chip or fab but again that's not the customers fault, If a company announces a product but can't supply then said product should not be announced too early.

I'm no expert far from it, in the long run you just p*** customers off.

If they are going up as stock orders are finalised and prices agreed then different ones will go up every day. Does that make sense?

I am not saying there might not be price gouging going on by manufacturers but what do you do it it turns out you will only have 20 cards ready for launch date and you know you can sell them 100 times over?

Soldato
But if they already have stock chances are the buy price OCUK pay has been fixed already? Any fluctuations in the exchange rate shouldn’t affect any cards already paid for. Therefore it’s price gouging.

That doesn't make sense either OCUK are lieing and they have 0 stock or someone's inflating prices, You have stock, you've already paid.

Supply and demand
I did say - posh name for inflating prices due to massive demand. Or was that being too posh for ya ?

Apologies, I missed that, can you link that quote?

way back when that first FE cooler pic was leaked the one that looked like it was off a 3d Printer early August there was also a delivery note or article something that said the cooler was $150 a unit.

Caporegime
I did say - posh name for inflating prices due to massive demand. Or was that being too posh for ya ?

way back when that first FE cooler pic was leaked the one that looked like it was off a 3d Printer early August there was also a delivery note or article something that said the cooler was $150 a unit.
Question is, who is driving the price rises? The AIB companies pumping up their own prices due to either demand or low supply or the retailers hoping to make extra per card?

Back
Top Bottom