• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia to support Freesync?

Mobster
Soldato
freesync and adaptive sync are one and the same so whilst they are not supporting the word "freesync", they are supporting adaptive sync therefor semantics aside they support monitors that are labeled as freesync monitors of which i have 2.

dude, **** sake. You cant just shuv in an AMD card and expect to get VRR/DRR off the bat. AMD has to implement this tech through their drivers. Thats why you can use freesync and why you have a fancy badge on your monitor.

Stop acting daft.

Mobster
Soldato
Let's be honest it's a total climbdown by Nvidia. For once they are doing something to benefit the consumer, albeit to boost sales of their overpriced Gpu's.

A total climbdown ? 5/6 years later they are using VRR through the port. If it was a total climbdown, or any other buzz phrase you want to use they would have done it a loooooooong time before now.

Personally, they have milked g-sync for everything they have, and this is a mix of getting more sales and timing it with the orders for bfgd's.

Associate
dude, **** sake. You cant just shuv in an AMD card and expect to get VRR/DRR off the bat. AMD has to implement this tech through their drivers. Thats why you can use freesync and why you have a fancy badge on your monitor.

Stop acting daft.
they both support the use of vrr through a driver (with this new move), like games that support vulkan through the user of an api, whats your point? again games using vulkan all do it in the same fashion i/e use an api. nvidia and amd will both support vrr through the driver(in this new move by nvidia) using the vesa standard, all naming schemes aside. whichever angle you come from you are incorrect.10series and 20 series cards will work with freesync monitors :)

Last edited:
Soldato
It's quite funny when you see people so butt hurt over the fact that Nvidia is now supporting something they said was massively inferior, even more so when it's people who have clearly spent £££'s on a monitor that supported Nvidia's proprietary technology, and don't want to admit that they may have been mislead or marketed to. It's OK to be marketed to and believe it, that is why companies spend so much money on marketing in the first place they reap the rewards when people spend cash on their products and services, they are not charities after all.

Freesync or Adaptive sync, or software implemented sync, or sync-sync, or kitchen-sink what ever you want to call it, Nvidia now support it, get over it. :p

Mobster
Soldato
they both support the use of vrr through a driver (with this new move), like games that support vulkan through the user of an api, whats your point? again games using vulkan all do it in the same fashion i/e use an api. nvidia and amd will both support vrr through the driver(in this new move by nvidia) using the vesa standard, all naming schemes aside. whichever angle you come from you are incorrect.10series and 20 series cards will work with freesync monitors :)

I do appologise, you are not acting daft.

Mobster
Soldato
It's quite funny when you see people so butt hurt over the fact that Nvidia is now supporting something they said was massively inferior, even more so when it's people who have clearly spent £££'s on a monitor that supported Nvidia's proprietary technology, and don't want to admit that they may have been mislead or marketed to. It's OK to be marketed to and believe it, that is why companies spend so much money on marketing in the first place they reap the rewards when people spend cash on their products and services, they are not charities after all.

Freesync or Adaptive sync, or software implemented sync, or sync-sync, or kitchen-sink what ever you want to call it, Nvidia now support it, get over it. :p

You think its just now nVidia is supporting Adaptive sync ?

See this is whats wrong. You have people that try and act smart, or high and mighty and don't actually have a clue what they are talking about. I hae to watch what I say, but there are names for people like you.

Soldato
You think its just now nVidia is supporting Adaptive sync ?

See this is whats wrong. You have people that try and act smart, or high and mighty and don't actually have a clue what they are talking about. I hae to watch what I say, but there are names for people like you.

Dude, go to bed or go hug your Gysnc monitor. I couldn't give two flips about you or your opinion/names about people like me.

As for what I'm talking about, come talk to me when you've been working in the computer hardware industry for as long as I have, then we'll be on a level playing field, right pal. Seeya.

Mobster
Soldato
Dude, go to bed or go hug your Gysnc monitor. I couldn't give two flips about you or your opinion/names about people like me.

As for what I'm talking about, come talk to me when you've been working in the computer hardware industry for as long as I have, then we'll be on a level playing field, right pal. Seeya.

Ok lets test this.

Why do you think its 'now' that nVidia is using adaptive sync ?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
They don't want to name & shame them is rubbish, If they were being straight about it and it was a widespread issue & they didn't want to point the finger at anyone they wouldn't of chosen one of those extra wide ultrawide monitors to show the problem, How many companies actually make those monitors?

Acer, Asus, Samsung, LG, Dell, Philips, BenQ, AOC, HP, and don't forget electriQ... I actually think it is a shorter list of which major manufacturers do NOT make an ultrawide monitor.

Soldato
It's the exact same reason that Sony once chose 'now' to support VHS, because they realised their proprietary format had lost the war and they needed to get on the right side of history to protect their profits.

Mobster
Soldato
It's the exact same reason that Sony once chose 'now' to support VHS, because they realised their proprietary format had lost the war and they needed to get on the right side of history to protect their profits.

nVidia has been using adaptive sync for years. They are not 'now' using it.

Permabanned
Acer, Asus, Samsung, LG, Dell, Philips, BenQ, AOC, HP, and don't forget electriQ... I actually think it is a shorter list of which major manufacturers do NOT make an ultrawide monitor.

Hi, It's not a regular ultrawide, It's one of the extra long ultrawides that sit at 3840x1080

Like this one, which is the only one I know of at the moment. I'm sure it's not the only one but I doubt there's many.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...-hdr-widescreen-curved-monitor-mo-234-sa.html

Soldato
Ok lets test this.

Because nVidia has realised most people who use their cards, don't have and are unlikely to buy a G-Sync monitor. I have an nVidia card, and I'm never buying a G-Sync monitor. I'm not interested in supporting that ****.

Soldato
I don't think age is that important. However, Nvidia are only validating monitors which have a VRR range of at least 2.4:1 (e.g. 60Hz-144Hz). So 4K monitors like mine which have a 40-60Hz range will not be tested or validated. With a 1080 Ti or similar most games will run within this range at 4K, but I guess Nvidia are wary of someone using a less capable card on these monitors.

Mine is a 120Hz panel, would I stand a better chance in the future?

Back
Top Bottom