NZXT H1

Associate
Hi - I’ve seen posts of other people using cable ties as a solution, which providing your card isn’t too heavy should be fine short term. I’ve just received the case and about to start my build, but having seen all this debating returning

Associate
Any of the fine inhabitants of this forum have a H1 and a set of callipers?

I don’t, but this seems like such an easy fix by ordering some nylon screws but I don’t know the correct length or diameter.

edit: corrected bad spelling

Just read someone on reddit say he used M3 Nylon screws to make the change.

Associate
The screws are self tapping screws. Sorry if you made a wrong order! I should have been clearer.

TBH, just use zip ties. I don't think I'm changing mine over until NZXT send something out (whenever that is).

Yeah I think you’re right, and we could be waiting a while over here too. Thanks for the heads up.

Associate
Can also confirm zip tie method works well. Do yourself a favour though and do one at a time so you keep the riser position nice and solid while you change over.

Associate
Whats the best thing to a fire hazardous case?

A wood panel!!

Did you get yours from ghost sheets too? I must say I am a little disappointed as the magnets aren’t strong enough to keep it flush with the top edge and I’ve had to hold it there with tape even after winding out the screws.

I did get my two 140mm rear fan panel fitted today though so that was a result.

Associate
https://imgur.com/a/VklLGot

Hi there,

Have managed to fix this with the help of my discord channel one of the lads was able to get a ruler and together with the others were able to figure out what was needed.

You need an NYLON M3 Screw 5 or 6mm ( longer won't matter too much ) along with nylon hex nut. Took out the old one metal ones and put the nylon one on with the bolt on the back of it and and secured now !!

They are cheap on Amazon

VklLGot

Associate
Wow, just doing some testing with the new vented front panel.

Temperatures are down around 7-8C but omg, my PC is so much quieter now. You can really feel the heat coming out.

Associate
Finally put on my new aluminium powder coated front panel. Loving it so far. The ventilation cutouts align nicely with the rest of the case. Drops 5 degrees in peak temperatures when running Timespy with fixed fan speed (5700xt).

Z0sIYxT.jpg

Associate
Finally put on my new aluminium powder coated front panel. Loving it so far. The ventilation cutouts align nicely with the rest of the case. Drops 5 degrees in peak temperatures when running Timespy with fixed fan speed (5700xt).

Z0sIYxT.jpg
I have the same front but the magnets glue used are awful and the magnets come off. Any idea what glue to use for the magnets ?

Associate
I was really shocked at how offhand OC customer service was to me. First he told me it's a different case but I assured him it was the H1. He bluntly told me to return both cases for a refund. I explained that NZXT has said they are working on a fix for it and how disruptive pulling apart 2 work PC's will be. His response was we don't make it, not our problem, send it back and get a refund! I asked why there's been no contact on the matter from OC he just said we haven't gotten around to it.. he was so couldn't care/not bothered I just hung up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom