NZXT H1

Associate
So I've read that some motherboards can't connect to the front usb c?

Also a reviewer said you can't really see much through the tempered glass? That's a shame as I would wann see my components.

Soldato
So I've read that some motherboards can't connect to the front usb c?

Also a reviewer said you can't really see much through the tempered glass? That's a shame as I would wann see my components.

That's why I'm hesitant on buying this case. I read there are a few issues. I think a Ver 2 is already on the boards. Also NZXT should also release the case it's self without psu and aio.

Soldato
If anything, I'd expect the glass to go. Putting it on the motherboard side isn't really feasible without a major redesign, relocating the radiator to the top.

Soldato
The glass panel is the only downside for me.

I'd much prefer another mesh panel to match the rest.
It'll run cooler, and personally think it would look better.

You can only see the riser cable, edge of ram, and top internal panel over the PSU anyway.

Associate
The glass panel is the only downside for me.

I'd much prefer another mesh panel to match the rest.
It'll run cooler, and personally think it would look better.

You can only see the riser cable, edge of ram, and top internal panel over the PSU anyway.

There are a few 3rd party panels popping up, along with other mods that are worth looking into.

Personally I plan on fitting 3 small fans down the back to help with exhaust, along with buying a ventilated acrylic front panel. The front ventilated panel looks pretty great in my opinion: https://imgur.com/a/QbebBSI#Wwb44u9

Of course I'd have liked the option straight from NZXT, but I'm happy nonetheless.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I guess if you don't mind the idle noise then small fans would be OK, but they spin pretty damn fast and aren't a pleasant noise.

One of the big reasons I pulled out of this case is the idle noise. A 3 pin pump header means max pump speed, next to a panel with no sound insulation. I couldn't live with a pump hum all day long on my desk. It would be fine if it was a dedicated gaming machine.

Associate
I've got a custom ventilated front panel pre-ordered which should arrive sometime in July. I pulled out of the NZXT H1 though because I'm still in two minds between it and the Mcase. So I may have a ventilated custom panel for the H1 and no H1 in a months time lol

Associate
I've got a custom ventilated front panel pre-ordered which should arrive sometime in July. I pulled out of the NZXT H1 though because I'm still in two minds between it and the Mcase. So I may have a ventilated custom panel for the H1 and no H1 in a months time lol

Which ventilated front panel did you buy? I missed out on this round of preorders.

Associate
I forgot if external product linking is allowed here. I got it from Ghost Sheets, ventilated matte black acrylic.

To be honest I'm still probably going to go for the NZXT H1 (hopefully the August order stays on schedule for Overclockers), I'm just worried about thermal throttling for the GPU, especially if I go higher end like 3080/3080Ti.

Associate
Ahhh nice. If you do end up not going for the H1 gimme a shout, I'd be tempted to buy it off you as I missed that round of preorders.

And yeh I was similarly concerned as I plan to upgrade to a 3080 / 3080ti like yourself, as I have to drive a new 38" ultrawide. However it appears people have had a lot of success driving 2080Ti's with some small mods, so I'm not too concerned.

Associate
just seen another review where the reviewer says the usb c cable is too short, any one able to link me the cable I would need so it reaches far enough? cheers

Soldato
Whats the best way to control the AIO fan speed on the NZXT H1?

Mobo is Asus Strix z390

If I use the motherboard CPU fan header the speed will go up and down all the time depending on temps. That'll do my head in after a while. Is there a better way to control CPU AIO fan?

Any software I could use? I would rather not use AI Suite III

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
If it's a 4 pin then you can control it via the Asus fan ultility and set a curve. I usually set a flat curve to about 62c, then it ramps up. Also see if there is a setting to smooth out fan speed changes.

AI Suite is fine, I've had no issues with it. You can probably do it in the BIOS as well if you wanted to avoid using the util.

If it's 3 pin, I think you'll want to change the fan.

Soldato
If it's a 4 pin then you can control it via the Asus fan ultility and set a curve. I usually set a flat curve to about 62c, then it ramps up. Also see if there is a setting to smooth out fan speed changes.

AI Suite is fine, I've had no issues with it. You can probably do it in the BIOS as well if you wanted to avoid using the util.

If it's 3 pin, I think you'll want to change the fan.

It's 3 pin

I could use NZXT's CAM software

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
I don't think that will work. With a NZXT AIO the fans would attach to special connectors coming from the pump, and that would go via USB giving control via CAM.

Grab a better 4-pin fan optimised for static pressure and you'll be set. Noctua NF-A14 is a good fan https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-chromax-premium-grade-fan-140mm-fg-06l-nc.html

I have 2 of these https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-quiet-silent-wings-3-140mm-pwm-fan-fg-038-bq.html

I have 2 of these as well https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...an-pack-with-lighting-node-pro-fg-06e-cs.html

I use iCue on my system now. I'm sure I could find a place in the H1 for my iCUE Commander PRO and use the LL140 for the rad and use the rgb lighting as well. I'll try both and see which one is best

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom