Oasis Tickets

Agree with that - Black Grape were on top form that day, in fact the whole line up was outstanding value. Cast, Manics, Black Grape, Oasis. Couple of other ones as well, think Bootleg Beatles were there but not the day we went.

N7UjE5Q.jpeg

Aymp7Xfl.jpeg

Snap, few others too, Roses was best, small venue.

Wish i saw them when i was younger but didn't, so will try this time around. But i am wondering if this is a one and done type tour for the cash, aka silly money for tickets, or if they'll do further tours/dates the following year where it's a bit more reasonable.

£120 a ticket I reckon.
I would pay that but given the cost of the majority of acts now (Blink 182 were £100 at the O2 standing), i wouldn't be surprised if decent seats/standing is double or triple that and something similar to Elton or Swift.

Has anyone received their confirmation email from entering the ticket ballot? I filled out the form at ~22h30 last night but still haven't received the email to confirm my entry.
I haven't either but i imagine they're absolutely swamped with entries.

Edit - Supposedly Dublin prices start at 86 Euros/£72 (Mirror Article).

Last edited:
ticket ballot isn't even a guarantee of a ticket, just a chance to buy a ticket and with the amount of people applying it won't be any easier than the main sale.

A band when the timing was right, the stars aligned, Rave had been killed off and was starting to turn into the super club lets all get dressed up and be poncy, rather than take this, take this whistle and dummy and crack on,

All signed up though :) Hopefully Wembley and make a weekend of it.

I know a lot of people who are my age (45 ish) will be queuing up around the block to get some tickets but for me personally I would never go to a stadium tour even if it was the Beatles reincarnated. I am just at that age where I just hate that stuff. The last big gig I went to was Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool Tour in Manchester Old Trafford cricket ground and I bloody hated it - I was rammed in, I was too far away and the sound was crap. I said to myself 'Never again!'.

Does anyone know what I'm taking about or am I just weird and boring?

Last edited:
We went to see Pink at Wembley about 5 years ago and the sound quality was very good for a stadium, but when we saw Bruce Springsteen in July it was nowhere near as good and hurt my ears. Makes me nervous to spend this much on tickets to experience the same problem.

I know a lot of people who are my age (45 ish) will be queuing up around the block to get some tickets but for me personally I would never go to a stadium tour even if it was the Beatles reincarnated. I am just at that age where I just hate that stuff. The last big gig I went to was Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool Tour in Manchester Old Trafford cricket ground and I bloody hated it - I was rammed in, I was too far away and the sound was crap. I said to myself 'Never again!'.

Does anyone know what I'm taking about or am I just weird and boring?

I think that's just standard of gigs these days, only way they make a few quid is to cram as many people as possible into these places.

Most people only go for the atmosphere though rather than the quality of the music as most bands/singers are typically terrible at live singing. Much easier in a studio with auto tune.

A band when the timing was right, the stars aligned, Rave had been killed off and was starting to turn into the super club lets all get dressed up and be poncy, rather than take this, take this whistle and dummy and crack on,

All signed up though :) Hopefully Wembley and make a weekend of it.

The amount of fellow musicians displaying IDGAF memes is astonishing.
They forget that the charts at the time were full of synethesised computer dross and the likes of Oasis/Blur bought distorted guitars back to the front and also caused 100s and 1000s of mainly men buying guitars and amps again.

They forget that the charts at the time were full of synethesised computer dross and the likes of Oasis/Blur bought distorted guitars back to the front and also caused 100s and 1000s of mainly men buying guitars and amps again.

Oasis have always been looked down upon by lots of 'muso' types because the blunt truth is they make relatively basic 4 chord pub rock. What they did, they did very well... hence the popularity but they were always the band of the people rather than the band of the 'muso' or 'crate digger'.

They were also the ultimate music snobs so I think it's fair game for others to be all 'IDGAF'. You could write a short novel about all the artists the Gallagher brothers have slagged off lol.

Last edited:
So they've ruled out festivals next year, shame as Glasto would have been amazing, but it now seems like it's a 'world' tour rather than just UK and Ireland which could make things a little more interesting for those wanting to see them.

Edit - Supposed world tour dates, although i would take it all with a massive pinch of salt as these dates could be completely false...
Europe
4th July-Wales (Principality Stadium)
5th July-Wales (Principality Stadium)
11th July-England (Heaton Park)
12th July-England (Heaton Park)
19th July-England (Heaton Park)
20th July-England (Heaton Park)
25th July-England (Wembley Stadium)
26th July-England (Wembley Stadium)
2nd August-England (Wembley Stadium)
3rd August-England (Wembley Stadium)
8th August-Scotland (Murrayfield Stadium)
9th August-Scotland (Murrayfield Stadium)
16th August-Ireland (Croke Park)
17th August-Ireland (Croke Park)

North America
27th August-Toronto (Downsview Park)
30th August-Chicago (Soldier Field)
3rd September-New York (MetLife)
6th September-Boston (Gillette Stadium)
10th September-Los Angeles (Rose Bowl)
15th September-Mexico City (Foro Sol)

Asia
October 4th-Japan (National Stadium)
October 5th-Japan (National Stadium)
October 10th-South Korea (Olympic Stadium)
October 11th-South Korea (Olympic Stadium)

Australia
November 1st-Australia (Perth Stadium)
November 2nd-Australia (Perth Stadium)
November 7th-New Zealand (Eden Park)
November 8th-New Zealand (Eden Park)

South America
November 29th-Brazil (Maecana Stadium)
November 30th-Brazil (Marcana Stadium)
December 5th-Argentina (River Plate Stadium)
December 6th-Argentina (River Plate Stadium)

Last edited:

It was a bloody good time for music in general, you could stomp to some amazing Drum and Bass one night then hit a band the night after and finish off with some Happy House.

Fun times, how we lived through that and hold decent jobs now is a miracle (lack of internet is my guess :) )

Whilst never really a big fan, I was lucky to buy a ticket off a friend whose brother couldn't make it in Belfast 2008 for £20 or so and be driven in the back of a Rover 216 coupe at faster than the speed limit to get to the gig on time. As far as I remember it was good gig. I can't imagine enjoying it the same now days so leaving this one to nostalgia.

Whilst never really a big fan, I was lucky to buy a ticket off a friend whose brother couldn't make it in Belfast 2008 for £20 or so and be driven in the back of a Rover 216 coupe at faster than the speed limit to get to the gig on time. As far as I remember it was good gig. I can't imagine enjoying it the same now days so leaving this one to nostalgia.
Why wasn't I invited to this gig mate? I never actually knew you'd seen Oasis.

Back
Top Bottom