Oasis Tickets

Oasis have always been looked down upon by lots of 'muso' types because the blunt truth is they make relatively basic 4 chord pub rock. What they did, they did very well... hence the popularity but they were always the band of the people rather than the band of the 'muso' or 'crate digger'.

They were also the ultimate music snobs so I think it's fair game for others to be all 'IDGAF'. You could write a short novel about all the artists the Gallagher brothers have slagged off lol.
They play 4 chord rock because Noel wanted to look cool playing guitar and you can’t do that playing barre chords up the neck (his own words). For me that just makes the success all the more impressive to create so many great and memorable songs without venturing much out of the basic chord forms is a real talent.

Missed the presale link on the social media until too late yesterday so didn't get a presale link email, pretty much resigned to the fact the chances of getting tickets are slim to none even with extra dates!

Did wonder with the massive gaps they have for Heaton Park that they may put in some extra dates as the demand for this appears to be off the scale!

I'd really like to go to this. But realistically I'm not going to be able to get a ticket and probably not willing to pay the price if I did.

Don't be so defeatist already on the tickets. Just get your PC fired up, choose your favourite ticket site (or have two open) and go for it. You stand as much chance as anyone else of getting them.
Do not believe all this "automated systems will get them all" and other such rubbish. Reminds me of the PS5 launch where people were claiming "scalpers got them all" - the official scalp rate being less than 10% - and I had 4 of the things over the weeks post launch (3 of which were sold at RRP to friends and family).

I'm looking for 2 tickets myself, but will purchase 4 and look to offload the other two at cover price once the dust settles.
If I don't get them so be it - but gotta be positive.

I'm looking for 2 tickets myself, but will purchase 4 and look to offload the other two at cover price once the dust settles.
If I don't get them so be it - but gotta be positive.
Not sure what you mean by "Cover price"

The T&C's are that you can't resell the tickets for more than face value and they will cancel any that are. How they enforce that I do not know.

Why buy 4 if you only need 2 though? You are stopping someone else that does want 2 tickets.

I know a lot of people who are my age (45 ish) will be queuing up around the block to get some tickets but for me personally I would never go to a stadium tour even if it was the Beatles reincarnated. I am just at that age where I just hate that stuff. The last big gig I went to was Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool Tour in Manchester Old Trafford cricket ground and I bloody hated it - I was rammed in, I was too far away and the sound was crap. I said to myself 'Never again!'.

Does anyone know what I'm taking about or am I just weird and boring?
Last year I went and saw the Bluetones on tour and they were amazing, genuinely the sound was as good as in their heyday. 1000 capacity venue, you could get close to the band, the queue for beer and toilets (not related) was short and the price reasonable. I would much rather see a smaller band in a smaller venue, I think mega shows are hugely overrated. I made an exception for the Stone Roses because I thought it would be the only opportunity I ever got to see them live but never again.

I know a lot of people who are my age (45 ish) will be queuing up around the block to get some tickets but for me personally I would never go to a stadium tour even if it was the Beatles reincarnated. I am just at that age where I just hate that stuff. The last big gig I went to was Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool Tour in Manchester Old Trafford cricket ground and I bloody hated it - I was rammed in, I was too far away and the sound was crap. I said to myself 'Never again!'.

It just depends, stadium gigs can have awesome sound/atmosphere or terrible, just like any live gig tbh.

We went to see Pink at Wembley about 5 years ago and the sound quality was very good for a stadium, but when we saw Bruce Springsteen in July it was nowhere near as good and hurt my ears.

Yep, Pink was fantastic at Wembly and BS was absolutely atrocius sound wise when I saw him there.

Rammstein, Metallica two other bands that do awesome stadium gigs.

I love stadium gigs as much as small intimate venues, they are both great for different reasons.

saw RHCO a couple of years ago at west hams stadium, I was seated and thought the sound was decent.
The one thing that i did find odd was people going to the bar multiple times during the RHCP set even during their biggest hits. Can you not wait until after the show to get a pint?

£150 for standing only at Heaton Park.

Same for standing at the stadiums, seating starting from £73-75.

Plus fees and other addons probably.

Heaton Park is just down the road from me, was gonna aim for 2 tickets.

Think I'll pass.

Last edited:
Wont be spending £150 to be surrounded by a load of ******/coked up 40+ blokes. Not my idea of fun - might get a seated ticket but not fussed.

Back
Top Bottom