Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Soldato
I'm liking a lot of things about this series but as that guy above said production quality is a bit ropey at times

Obi lightsabre bits are good, but parts on the landing platform with the speeders was terrible terrible terrible,

shame they reused so much from Fallen Order but I guess most fans wont have seen that so its fair use i suppose?

Last edited:
Associate
I'm liking a lot of things about this series but as that guy above said production quality is a bit ropey at times

Obi lightsabre bits are good, but parts on the landing platform with the speeders was terrible terrible terrible,

shame they reused so much from Fallen Order but I guess most fans wont have seen that so its fair use i suppose?
I'm just waiting for the young Rick Astley cameo as Cal Kestis.

Soldato
I suppose I expected given the bigger names that this series would be markedly better than what has come previously either through more delicate writing or production values. Nope, it’s just the same formula which is fine if that’s your thing… but it’s not mine.

Caporegime
Well, it answered one question. That being wtf are those pen things on Imperial officers uniforms, basically usb identity\credential holders.

And we actually seen a Storm Trooper get hit with a blaster shot and not die, well until the second hit. Seems the armor does have some incredibly limited uses.

Caporegime
Barely 30 mins without credits and recap. Maybe a bit fillerish (considering only 2 episodes left) but the story progressed along all the same.

rp2000

Caporegime
Barely 30 mins without credits and recap. Maybe a bit fillerish (considering only 2 episodes left) but the story progressed along all the same.

rp2000

That's one thing that ****** me off about streaming series, the view time varies a lot to say the least. Not unusual to have episodes being almost an hour long and others barely scraping by the half hour mark.

Caporegime
That's one thing that ****** me off about streaming series, the view time varies a lot to say the least. Not unusual to have episodes being almost an hour long and others barely scraping by the half hour mark.
Yep very annoying. I might be imagining it but maybe it's all Disney+ marvel and star wars shows that are guilty of this. A 5 even 10 min fluctuation every now and then is fine (better than filler content), but I'm sure if I looked back there is probably 20-30 min differences in episodes of the same show in the same season.
It really badly needs some actual Star Wars music.
Listen closely, I'm sure I heard some in multiple parts of today's episode.

Edit: went back and checked. Today's episode 30mins 32secs long.

rp2000

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yep very annoying. I might be imagining it but maybe it's all Disney+ marvel and star wars shows that are guilty of this. A 5 even 10 min fluctuation every now and then is fine (better than filler content), but I'm sure if I looked back there is probably 20-30 min differences in episodes of the same show in the same season.

rp2000

Some of the trek shows like discovery and picard have very erratic run times as well.

Associate
I really don't know what to think about this. One part of me is glad the Ewan McGregor is back as Obi Wan, but the story/direction/characters aren't working for me. I'm really not enjoying it.

Hoping it redeems itself in the next two episodes, but this is feeling like BoBF.

Thinking that Obi Wan deserved to be a film like Rogue One and not clobbered in with the merch selling shows. As filler episodes like ep 4 prove that.

Caporegime

rp2000

i knew it felt short, didnt look at timer myself while watching

Some of the trek shows like discovery and picard have very erratic run times as well.
To some it's an advantage of streaming, there's no 48 minutes that you MUST fill for the hourly TV slots + adverts, it also gives freedom to directors to pace their episodes and shows as they want, without padding scenes or adding pointless additions. You sometimes benefit, you sometimes don't, but yes, this really was very short.

Back
Top Bottom