Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Deleted member 651465

Deleted member 651465

6 episodes and they stick a filler episode in 4th? Well played :o

I was beginning to think the show had The Mandalorian levels of potential and surpass TBoBF as 2nd best Star Wars TV series... but now I'm thinking they've **** the bed when it matters.

Soldato
I'm not sure what you were all expecting to be honest. Surely after the last 10 years we know the writers just aren't there, or they are told by the execs what they can and can't do.

Star Wars was never about the script or acting, just look at the last few movies.

Man of Honour
6 episodes and they stick a filler episode in 4th? Well played :o

I was beginning to think the show had The Mandalorian levels of potential and surpass TBoBF as 2nd best Star Wars TV series... but now I'm thinking they've **** the bed when it matters.

All the ingredients were there for that episode to be great - but it was just a cheap and lazy approach to it with very little which makes any sense if you think about it.

Soldato
It's not really 'good' he was meant to be looking after luke at all costs not living under a rock deprrssed - he should've kept or improved his force powers. Lazy writing.

I agree, but my comment was more "good - based on the crap story they've decided to film".

So in that context, as they'd decided to neuter Kenobi's force ability, showing him starting to shake off that neutering (rather than keep him neutered) was good, rather than "it was a good story".

Soldato
All the ingredients were there for that episode to be great - but it was just a cheap and lazy approach to it with very little which makes any sense if you think about it.
yeah this is my main gripe

the production quality is low, compare it with even the Mandalorian and its way off (compare this episode with the one in Mando S2 where him and mayfield infiltrate the imperial base, much more tension as well)

wonder if it was a covid thing or just low budget or a rush?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The jump from running away from Vader to storming the inquisitor strong hold and going ham with the light sabre wasn’t very gradual lol

Soldato
Just a thought - Kenobi has to infiltrate an Empire base, use the force to distract stormtroopers, rescue Leia, escape the base and head to a rebel base but the Empire have hidden a tracker in the ship - isn't this just the middle section of Ep4 ANH again :D

Soldato
Just a thought - Kenobi has to infiltrate an Empire base, use the force to distract stormtroopers, rescue Leia, escape the base and head to a rebel base but the Empire have hidden a tracker in the ship - isn't this just the middle section of Ep4 ANH again :D
someone pointed out that there are 6 episodes and each has themes from each corresponding film:

1) TPM - Tatooine, Princess kidnapped
2) AOTC - Neon underworld type place, bounty hunters
3) ROTS - fight with Vader, someone gets burned
4) ANH - Obi in death star rescue princess etc, escape but with tracker
5) ESB - maybe a Tauntaun will get its guts cut open?
6) ROTJ - fuzzy bears attack? :D

Man of Honour

It is something done to death in Star Wars - the Grogu kidnapping in The Mandalorian was generally similar.

Soldato
someone pointed out that there are 6 episodes and each has themes from each corresponding film:

1) TPM - Tatooine, Princess kidnapped
2) AOTC - Neon underworld type place, bounty hunters
3) ROTS - fight with Vader, someone gets burned
4) ANH - Obi in death star rescue princess etc, escape but with tracker
5) ESB - maybe a Tauntaun will get its guts cut open?
6) ROTJ - fuzzy bears attack? :D

Wow, I'd not thought of that but it makes sense when laid out like that. Maybe we'll get a Yoda/Qui-Gon visit in the next episode for confirmation :D

Soldato
thing that got me is where did they get the guards from, the local job centre, she sat next to a guy talking into a mic while he was only a couple of feet away, then dumped a body in plain sight and no one saw it :cry: :cry:

Commissario
Can someone explain the stationary figures that were in lower sections of that structure?

Also, diet ice cube changed his mind a bit quick! I burst out laughing at that conversation.

Sorry I can’t figure out how to add spoiler tags whilst on mobile.

One of them was a young Jedi Child who must have been killed in the Jedi Palace on Coruscant when the clone troopers attacked after being given order 66.

Man of Honour
What could have been great did fall a bit flat. Hopefully the final two episodes pick up, they’ve got a lot to cover. I just switch my brain off and go along for the ride :D - even then I struggled with Ben running from the water though.

Associate
Can build moon sized battle stations, and impressive dark side phallic water towers. Decent glass? **** that.
Maybe it's just the trooper in charge pocketed the money and brought cheap glass thinking no one would notice:cry:

It seems like you have to make such things up for some things to make sense. A bit like no one noticed Obi-Wan walking around with an extra-large overcoat hiding a child after an alarm went off because they are clearly blind.

Back
Top Bottom