Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Caporegime
I just can't stand the main antagonist. She just doesn't seem evil enough. It is just so woke and rubbish.
I really don't know what to think about this. One part of me is glad the Ewan McGregor is back as Obi Wan, but the story/direction/characters aren't working for me. I'm really not enjoying it.

Hoping it redeems itself in the next two episodes, but this is feeling like BoBF.

Thinking that Obi Wan deserved to be a film like Rogue One and not clobbered in with the merch selling shows. As filler episodes like ep 4 prove that.

Ewan McGregor was the standout performance in the prequels for me. It is just a shame he has been reduced to this.

Also watching this back to back with stranger things the production quality is shown massively. I mean to still do the Wilhelm scream in the 21st century is just one example of cheese that detracts from the experience.

Caporegime
Also watching this back to back with stranger things the production quality is shown massively. I mean to still do the Wilhelm scream in the 21st century is just one example of cheese that detracts from the experience.

Seems to be a running joke among audio editors, it's more noticable in the last 10-15 years or so with more and more people using it for some utterly stupid reason.

Soldato
And the way Leia was 'hidden', that was pathetic.

Yeah that was easily the stand-out "worst part" of the the episode for me, the writing for so much is just a joke but every now and again they do one single "good" bit which is just annoying because if you can make one good bit why can't you make the whole show "good bits", you've shown you can do it!

The good bit in this one was showing Kenobi's reconnection to the force and his old skills slowly coming back. So at the start of the escape he looked uncomfortable blocking blaster shots but over 1-2 minutes he "got back into the swing of it" and was flinging bolts back left and right. Earlier you saw his feeble attempt at moving an item using the force, before the rescue leading into him getting better and better with the force as the escape wore on until he seemed far stronger with the force during the water/tunnel scene - showing a really nice gradual re-awakening of his powers, to me at least.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah that was easily the stand-out "worst part" of the the episode for me, the writing for so much is just a joke but every now and again they do one single "good" bit which is just annoying - make the whole show "good bits", you've shown you can do it!

Water?!

What the hell happened to the water?!

He uses the force to direct it towards the baddies, escapes through the closing door and then we're shown water coming through the door when it's closed.

But then nothing?!

The Fifth Brother even says to Vadar "but my Lord, the base was almost destroyed!"

Well yeah half the thing should be full of water by now.

Like why show the water coming through the door it was completely pointless.

Man of Honour
That episode was terrible and it should have been so good - I don't understand how this gets signed off by anyone remotely intelligent - so many bits with a few tweaks around the same idea would have changed it from LOL to actually decent.

EDIT: Seems Obi's force power of drying off was still intact anyhow.

Caporegime
I like that they built yet another base with no shield "because people would be mad to attack it" and then built part of it underwater with windows that crack with just one blaster shot.

Why does it need underwater windows?

Soldato
OK, question. How the **** did his hair and beard not get singed? When I used to have my properly long hair and a beard I just had to look at a fire and I could smell burning hair.

Caporegime
Yeah that was easily the stand-out "worst part" of the the episode for me, the writing for so much is just a joke but every now and again they do one single "good" bit which is just annoying because if you can make one good bit why can't you make the whole show "good bits", you've shown you can do it!

The good bit in this one was showing Kenobi's reconnection to the force and his old skills slowly coming back. So at the start of the escape he looked uncomfortable blocking blaster shots but over 1-2 minutes he "got back into the swing of it" and was flinging bolts back left and right. Earlier you saw his feeble attempt at moving an item using the force, before the rescue leading into him getting better and better with the force as the escape wore on until he seemed far stronger with the force during the water/tunnel scene - showing a really nice gradual re-awakening of his powers, to me at least.

It's not really 'good' he was meant to be looking after luke at all costs not living under a rock deprrssed - he should've kept or improved his force powers. Lazy writing.

Man of Honour
OK, question. How the **** did his hair and beard not get singed? When I used to have my properly long hair and a beard I just had to look at a fire and I could smell burning hair.

Same way as he doesn't get wet when in contact with or swimming in water.

Soldato
Can someone explain the stationary figures that were in lower sections of that structure?

Also, diet ice cube changed his mind a bit quick! I burst out laughing at that conversation.

Sorry I can’t figure out how to add spoiler tags whilst on mobile.

Caporegime
Can someone explain the stationary figures that were in lower sections of that structure?

Also, diet ice cube changed his mind a bit quick! I burst out laughing at that conversation.

Sorry I can’t figure out how to add spoiler tags whilst on mobile.

I think they were supposed to be famous dead jedi? Hence Obi-wan saying it was a tomb.

More of a trophy room really?

I'm sure someone who watched all the cartoons would be able to name them?

Soldato
I think they were supposed to be famous dead jedi? Hence Obi-wan saying it was a tomb.

More of a trophy room really?

I'm sure someone who watched all the cartoons would be able to name them?
I’d just got back from a tiring day at work so wasn’t focused when watching. Yeah that makes sense. I assume they’re key force figures from that clone wars cartoon etc.

Back
Top Bottom