Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Caporegime
Wonder if Vaders voice is done by ai now, it sounds correct vs the old movies, in rogue one it sounded noticably older with Jones reprising the role.

Was a good episode but the Vader confrontation got a bit clunky, one minute he's dragging obi wan through the fire which was a well thought out plot point given what happened to Vader, the next obi wan escapes because apparently Vader couldn't be arsed dragging him back or using the force on the loader droid to stop the escape.

It's parts like that that really make you roll your eyes, he has the ability to stop him escaping, he just demonstrated it, yet 5 seconds later we're meant to forget that and believe a wall of fire somehow stops Vader from grabbing him with the force and trailing him back. Instead he just stands watching the droid rescue him.

Could we not have had some disgruntled miners open fire on Vader and the stormtroopers to help the escape be a bit more believable, or have the imperial double agent have a couple of others with her to do something similar?

Besides that a good episode showed Vader to be a right *******.

Soldato
To keep this in context - out of the Miilions of SW fans who watched the show, less than 200 idiots wrote something actually racist.

The vast majority of negative comments were about poor writing and/or performance, not skin colour etc.

So whilst a comparative handful of morons should rightly be identified for their stupidity, tarring "Star Wars Fans" as racist is disingenuous at best and the tens/hundreds of thousands of positive posts from "Star Wars Fans" are strangely being ignored by a media only interested in creating a narrative designed to divide rather than embrace.

Associate
Wonder if Vaders voice is done by ai now, it sounds correct vs the old movies, in rogue one it sounded noticably older with Jones reprising the role.

Was a good episode but the Vader confrontation got a bit clunky, one minute he's dragging obi wan through the fire which was a well thought out plot point given what happened to Vader, the next obi wan escapes because apparently Vader couldn't be arsed dragging him back or using the force on the loader droid to stop the escape.

It's parts like that that really make you roll your eyes, he has the ability to stop him escaping, he just demonstrated it, yet 5 seconds later we're meant to forget that and believe a wall of fire somehow stops Vader from grabbing him with the force and trailing him back. Instead he just stands watching the droid rescue him.

Could we not have had some disgruntled miners open fire on Vader and the stormtroopers to help the escape be a bit more believable, or have the imperial double agent have a couple of others with her to do something similar?

Besides that a good episode showed Vader to be a right *******.
This was my main gripe with the episode too. Vader wrecked obi wan like a badass. Then after finally having caught him after 10 years just turns and walks off because the fire he started himself flared up again. Instead of just walking round it or doing the exact thing he'd been doing a second before. Drag his ass back over. But nah storm off instead because reasons. Also how did reva and double agent woman not pass eachother in the long tunnel...

Caporegime
This was my main gripe with the episode too. Vader wrecked obi wan like a badass. Then after finally having caught him after 10 years just turns and walks off because the fire he started himself flared up again. Instead of just walking round it or doing the exact thing he'd been doing a second before. Drag his ass back over. But nah storm off instead because reasons. Also how did reva and double agent woman not pass eachother in the long tunnel...

That's my issue with these series, they seem focused on little spectacular set pieces like Vader and the fire, yet they never question if they have a convincing way to end the segment. Obi Wan just getting carried off by a supposed droid just smacks of laziness. A few people opening fire on Vader and co would have been a better way to give Obi Wan an escape point, and it would fit with what was going on as he had just killed a few random people in the village, or at least have them be associates of the double agent ffs.

But seemingly they thought just having Vader stand watching like a muppet was the way to go, so while initially it looks like a spectacular scene you're questioning it literally seconds later especially after Vaders force demo.

The tunnel could possibly have had side exit points as Leia doesn't seem to end up anywhere near Imp woman.

Associate
I guess the tunnel wasn't the only way to the port and went the other way, Assuming the tunnel isn't the only way there.. Reva is faster than a 10 year old child.

Associate
Ok so the Episode is much better then 2 but still not great for me. I mean its good that they got Hayden back to play Vader he did get an awful lot of **** for playing Anakin and I feel looking back way undeserved But for the role of Vader he just isn't tall enough. Vader looked like he got shorter then the height he is supposed to be. They need to increase his height. For anyone who cares if you want a real sense of scope on how big he is meant to be play the Vader Immortal VR games I'm 6ft and Vader with his real proportions towers over me.

Soldato

Thats my initial thoughts on the ending too, a very odd reaction there.

Permabanned
So it's pony then? I only watched the first episode and fell asleep half way through, no inclination to try watching it again.

Seems the norm with these Star Wars programs now.

Man of Honour

A bit weird. I get that he’s probably afraid to go through it, but couldn’t he just go around, seeing as he quickly appeared in front of obi wan every other time? Otherwise it was an excellent episode with Vader as terrifying as we’d expect, didn’t think we’d see him snapping necks of kids on screen. I’m assuming next we’ll get qui gon training obi wan to connect with the force again and then taking on Vader. Otherwise there is a strange unexplained power gap by the time we get to a new hope where Vader can just nope obi wan out the way.

Back
Top Bottom